Friday, April 8, 2022

myasperations 4-8-22

It’s Friday and time for the Colour Crazy Challenge. This challenge is also an “Anything Goes” but it adds a requirement; the creation needs to include coloring in “any colouring medium you like, onto any project you like, and in any colours you like.” I’ve never outgrown my love for coloring… which is why making cards is stress therapy for me!! 
This week's sponsor is Scribbles Designs, and I used a wonderful digi named Bookstore.  After printing the digi on white cardstock, I added color and textures with Spectrum Noir Classique Markers and a white Sakura Gelly Roll gel pen. A page from an old and tattered book, a sentiment upcycled from an old card, black photo corners, and two keys fussy-cut from patterned paper add the final touches.
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Scribbles Designs (Bookstore)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Inside Sentiment- upcycled from an old card.

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·  All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
STAMPlorations- Theme & Photo Prompt Challenge (April- Stamps & Text) 

I had so much fun making two Tunnel cards for the current Lift Challenge that I decided to make one more! (I don’t know if there is a limit on entries. If there is, I ask any of their DTs that stop by to please remove this card from their entries.)  My first tunnel card entry was an undersea scene, and I really liked how using a scrap of acetate as my middle section allowed the background to show through. This time, the clear section helps the cute little fishies from a Fred She Said digi set to “hover” in the water, adding some color and imaginary movement. So fun! Meanwhile, the little mermaid- who looks like she enjoys being the center of attention- has been in my digi collection for many years. She is from a wonderful company named Whimsie Doodles, which sadly closed in 2018.
Supplies: 
·  Inside Tunnel Card- Jennifer McGuire’s excellent video tutorial can be found HERE
·  Digi- Sand Dollar Mermaid  from Whimsie Doodles (Company no longer in business.) 
·  Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·  Die cut frame- Hero Arts Fancy Dies, Reef Border and Frame (Check for sources via Google.)
·  Watery Patterned paper and front sentiment from a Mermaid Scrapbook Set (Hobby Lobby)
·  Inside sentiment- Computer generated
·  Underwater plants and critters from Fred She Said Colored digi set (Emma Mermaid)
·  Sparkly paper on Mermaid tail and inside sentiment- JoAnn’s Fabric
·  All other items from my stash.
 Entered into:  
Lift Challenge- Elevator Challenge #168 (Tunnel Card)
Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge- Week #13 Anything Goes   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- April                       

Since I had a few fish and seahorses left from my last card, I decided to make another underwater card. I had my Whimsie Doodles digi folder open, and I think I saw this cute little Merman wink at me… so he gets a card of his own! Two freebie sentiments, plus tools and items from my stash helped finish this fun card.
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Sand Dollar Merman from Whimsie Doodles (Company no longer in business.) 

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Patterned paper from 12x12 Torn & Tattered Paper Pack- Hobby Lobby

·   Front sentiment- Freebie from Desert Diva (Hello Birthday Girl)  No longer available

·   Inside sentiment- Birdscards Freebie- (Have a Fin-tastic Day)

·   Underwater plants and critters from Fred She Said Colored digi set (Emma Mermaid)

·   Sparkly paper on Merman waist- JoAnn’s Fabric

·   Stickles- Star Dust (on merman scales)

·   Foliage- Martha Stewart branch punch

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into: 

7 comments:

  1. This second card for our Liftchallenge is also very pretty, that little mermaid and her gorgeous fishtail is wonderful! Thank you for your second entry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marjan. I have a feeling that I'll be using the fold often in the future as I love the impact that it creates!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful cards, love the coloring and those tunnel cards are so fun. Thanks for sharing your Bookstore Card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge!
    Donna
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set of cards! Love how you used an old book page for the text background in your first.Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations Theme & Photo Prompt Challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great entry into our April STAMPlorations theme and photo prompt challenge! Crafty hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun project!

    Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, I hope you play along again this time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!