Wednesday, April 13, 2022

myasperations 4-13-22

It's time for another challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog where challenges are always Anything Goes and prizes are awarded from one or more sponsors.  Stop by the blog to check it out!
For this challenge, my DT card features a fun digi from Dr. Digis House of Stamps “Spells for Beginners.” The sentiment is a variation of one sold by a company named Victorine Originals. At the time it made me smile, but I didn’t have an idea how to use it.  I’ve since found a few great wizard stamps so was sad that the company had gone out of business a while ago. I tried to remember the sentiment as best I could for this card.  A bit of bling and a flurry of play money accents the finished card. So fun!

Supplies: 
·   Digi- Dr Digis House of Stamps (Spells for Beginners)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens
·   Sentiments- Computer Generated
·   Galaxy Patterned Paper- Hobby Lobby
·   Stickles- Star Dust (on crystal tip of wand and dotted in the air)
·   Play Money- local Dollar Store
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #179 Anything Goes
Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge- Week #15 Anything Goes   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- April                       
 
Last month artist Jan Mahew had several wonderful Easter digi sets for sale… and our budget allowed me to nab two of them. I had fun using digis and sentiments from both sets plus several items from my stash to make this card. (I know that I’ve had the Sparkly Easter basket grass for over two decades, because it was available for sale at the Stamp/Scrap store that a friend and I owned from 1997-2001. I am still using some of the many treasures I’ve held on to since then!)  
Supplies: 
·   Chocolate Bunny Digi  (Precolored)-from  Jan’s Digi Stamps digi set (Easter Jonquils)
·   Light Shading and Highlights added with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and white colored pencil
·   Easter Egg Digi- Jan’s Digi Stamps digi set (Hippity Hop)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Front Sentiment- “Bunny Kisses…” from  Jan’s Digi Stamps digi set (Easter Jonquils)
·   Inside Sentiment- “Hippity Hop” from Jan’s Digi Stamps digi set (Hippity Hop)
·   Small easter eggs- cut from patterned  paper from my stash
·   Martha Stewart Crafts Punch Around The Page- Swirling Lace Punch Set
·   Sparkly Easter basket grass, patterned paper, cardstock and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Cupcake Inspirations- Challenge #541  Theme  Challenge (Bunnies)      
Double D’s Challenge- Easter                                                                        
The Paper Shelter #507 Easter Time
Jan’s Digi Stamps- April 2022 Anything Goes    
Paper Funday – #40 ATG
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Easter)
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

Last fall I dug into my paper scraps to create Christmas tags with little paper scrap trees! I decided to finish another one of them for my entry into the current Pixie’s Snippets Challenge, which is one of my favorite challenges. It encourages me to use my scraps, and I have a large (I mean LARGE!) collection of paper scraps! For this card, I even made the little photo corners with a scrap of dotted swiss paper. I also like to upcycle items from old cards, in this case, the cute little Santa and inside sentiment. The small, cross-stitched gift is from my very short venture into this form of needlecraft. Short, as in… I stitched this item, a few small Christmas ornaments, and one wall hanging which ended that venture! (It was a beautiful 11x14 “picture” of Mount Rushmore. Since the other items I made were from patterns, I decided to do the same with this one. Sadly, I learned that I’m not too good at counting cross-stitches on bigger pieces… which is apparent in both the final dimensions of the carved mountain, plus the fact that George Washington’s nose looks like he was in a bar fight! Oh… and the backside of the finished work of “art” looks like a colorful bramble patch!)
 
Supplies: 
·   Santa embellishment- Upcycled from an old Christmas card
·   Front Sentiment- Label from my scrapbook stash
·   Inside Sentiment- Upcycled from an old Christmas card
·   Scalloped A2 card- Michaels Crafts
·   Music score patterned vellum- Hobby Lobby
·   Paper scraps, small cross-stitched image, and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Pixie's Snippets- Week #425
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #589 AG (optional-Add a Star)
Di’s Digi Stamps- Use 2 or More Patterned Papers  

Earlier this month I found this cute little feline stamp hiding in a box in my garage.  At that time I’d stamped off a few images and posted a card using one of them. Decided to use another because snow is in our weather forecast for the next few days and I am longing for Spring. Flowers, birds, and a playful cat in a birdbath brighten my mood!
I’m entering this card into several challenges including three at Outlaws- Sunday: Just Above the Meadow poem (card includes birds and flowers), Monday: Cute or Cuddly (the cute cat fits both categories. Or at least he will after he gets out of the birdbath!), Tuesday: TicTacToe (Diagonal start at upper left- grass, pastel colors, flowers), and Path Of Positivity Challenge: Celebrate Something Special about your Pets (during my childhood we had lots of pets, including cats. What I most remember about our many cats were how mischievous they could be… and that my oldest brother, Pat, liked to give them weird nicknames. The one I remember most was a tiny little kitten that I claimed as my own. When I didn’t quickly decide on what I’d name her, Pat teasingly dubbed her “No Name” and it stuck!)
 
Supplies: 
·   Cat in Birdbath Stamp- Penny Black (No longer available)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Paw Print Sticker- Hobby Lobby
·   Front sentiment- Freebie scrapbookandcards.com-bonus summer files 2017 (Hello)
·   Front Sentiment- “Happy Purr-thday!” Imagine That Set (Company no longer in business)
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Incy Wincy Designs- Easter +/or Animals
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #539-540 Anything Goes                   
Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge- Furry Thing Goes (#77 April)                              
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Cute or Cuddly
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge-TicTacToe (Photo)  
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #100 (Optional Twist- Celebrate Pets)
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Just Above the Meadow

19 comments:

  1. Kathy, I am so glad you are enjoying my Easter sets. Thank you for showcasing them on your sweet creation and sharing it with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. I do enjoy seeing how others perceive and use the images. I look forward to seeing you again next month. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my lovely friend. How wonderful to use a crafty item you've had for so long. Your Easter card is wonderful! Love your bunny, the eggs and the gorgeous sentiment. Love all the colour too! Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter! Wishing you a very Happy Easter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely collection of cards Kathy.

    Thanks for submitting your homework to the Snippets Playground! Meet me in the Treehouse later for lots of fun and perhaps a few cocktails? Did you say you wanted to go collect Grasshoppers???? LOL! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the cards are lovely and the Wizard card is fun and such a clever idea to use the play money. The Chocolate Bunny card is equally adorable and I like how you've decorated the inside as well. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll play often.
    Donna
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet is that kitty card! So, does this mischievous kitty resemble "No Name"? This image is purr-fect for our challenge over at Path of Postivity; always wonderful to see you there and read your stories! Thanks for sharing, Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG all of these cards are amazing. I really like the idea of the fake cash flinging out of the wizzard card. Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW ... another fabulous Easter card!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Easter’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great Easter cards! I LOVE that chocolate bunny!!! Thank you for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenges.

    Nora
    CIC DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love those bunnies. Thank you for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Leanne DT Member/CIC
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kathy! i really enjoyed admiring your fabulous card. Love it. Thank you for taking the time to join our challenge at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Wishing you a lovely day and a very Happy Easter. Hugs, Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards- you have been busy! I really love the Easter card you have created using the Chocolate bunny and the Easter eggs too. Great outside and inside too. The Easter grass is a great and fun touch! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at Jan's Digital stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards. Thanks for hopping along with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Supercute project, thanks for sharing your inspiration with us! Hugs Heidi TPS DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun variety of cards Kathy! They're all great!

    Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, I hope you play along again this time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a super selection of cards Kathy. I especially love your snippets entry. I had a quiet smile about the cross stitch - I did counted cross stitch for many years and only gave up when it ceased to be enjoyable and we also stopped long haul plane journeys (a great way to pass flying time, also the long time spent in airports before flights and during plane changes).

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card.

    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for entering your sweet kitty card into out Pets challenge at the Path of Positivity. I love this Penny Black stamp and how you matched it with the lovely striped paper and hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge and Jan's Digis. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!