Friday, April 1, 2022

myasperations 4-1-22

It’s the 1st of the month, and I’m excited to share my DT card for QKR Stampede because it shouts of  SPRING! Stop by the challenge, which is always “Anything Goes” and several prizes are awarded. Maybe you’ll be inspired to enter a card or two yourself? 
The inspiration for my card was a beautiful card on Craftworld.com. It contained a large die-cut butterfly, perched on a double step card, for which a template and video tutorial was provided.  (Note-You can register for this free web-based resource HERE, which allows you to download hundreds of free digis, sentiments, patterns, templates, and more! And anything you download is saved on the website for later access.) I pasted a Eureka Stamps butterfly digi image into a Word document, then enlarged and printed it on yellow vellum. After fussing cutting the butterfly and body/antennae, I adhered the three pieces with a bit of double-stick tape, and set the beauty aside.  HELPFUL TIP- before I fussy-cut delicate areas, which can easily tear (like the antennae), I add a strip of clear tape to the underside of the digi to provide reinforcement. Then, I work slowly and carefully as I cut around these areas/items. I can't count the number of times that little bit of tape and caution has saved me from accidentally ripping off or cutting through small details.
I created the base for the double-step card base and then decorated it with clouds that were torn from white cardstock, a free pre-colored rainbow digi, my butterfly, and a sentiment that I colored with the pastel shades of the rainbow. I love the translucency that the vellum provides to the butterfly's wing!

Supplies: 

·   Butterfly Digi- Eureka Digital Stamp (Butterfly Pattern) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Front Sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (Happy EasterAlso available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Double Step Card Template from Craftworld.com found HERE

·   Colored Rainbow- Freebie from cornishkat.blogspot.com (Unicorn Rainbow)

·   Yellow vellum and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #14 Anything Goes  
Cute As A Button- March: CH #79 Anything Goes + (Option) Butterfly
         

Last month I purchased two Easter sets from Jan’s Digis and finally had time to use one of them. When I saw Jan’s yummy pre-colored chocolate bunny digi (that looks good enough to eat), I remembered a sentiment that I saw on a greeting card many years ago and created a computer-generated version. I’ll be giving this card to my dentist, who has a really odd sense of humor. So I know it will make him smile… or maybe even laugh out loud. So fun!
(PS On the photo of my card the coloring looks a little off, as the bunny isn't that reddish in real life. I am sharing a copy of the WM image of the set so that you can see Jan's pre-colored image which looks like the most delicious rich chocolate... possibly Lindt or Godiva or See's?!) 
 
Supplies: 

·   Chocolate Bunny Digi (pre-colored) from Jans Digis (Easter Jonquils)

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Green Grosgrain dotted Swiss ribbon- JoAnne’s

·   Dark Green die-cut postcard, patterned paper, cardstock, and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff!)-  Challenge #37     
Digi Doodle Studios- #48 Easter/Spring
Gem of a Challenge- Week #7 Anything Goes                                
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Spring)
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

My final card in this posting was created for the current Lift Challenge. It requires a Tunnel Card and provided a link to an excellent tutorial. I used a scrap of acetate to provide support for Little Todd while allowing the background to show through. This card took a bit of time to make, but I do really like the results!
I’m entering my card in a few other challenges including Path Of Positivity Challenge and Path Of Positivity Challenge: Celebrate Something Special about your Childhood (The same year that I went to college in the late ‘70s, my oldest brother joined the Navy to serve as a Seabee. He wanted to visit places he’d probably never have a chance to see again, and so ended up being stationed first in the Antarctic and then in the middle of the Indian Ocean. A few decades later when talking about his time in the “tropics” he laughed when he told us how sunning on the beach was always an adventure because of the hundreds of hermit crabs that would quickly cover anything in their way across the sand… including people! His story reminded me of the one hermit crab I’d ever “met”. His name was “Rock” and was the favorite pet in a childcare center where I spent many fun hours when working toward a child development degree.  My brother was surprised to learn that the preferred treat of hermit crabs is not just suntan oil… but also peanut butter!). 

Supplies: 

·   Inside Tunnel Card- Jennifer McGuire’s Tutorial can be found HERE  

·   Surfer Digi- Beccy’s Place Freebie Digital Stamp from 2011! (Little Todd)

·   Palm Tree Digis- Beccy’s Place Digital set (Tree Scapes)

·   Crab Image- Biblical Impressions Rubber Stamp (Large Hermit Crab ) Available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Beach Umbrella Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Front Sentiment-Ocean Beach Subway Art Freebie Found HERE

·   Inside Sentiment- “Don’t hurry...” Imagine That Digi Set (Floaty Sloth) Retired

·   Upcycled card- Patterned paper for surfboard

·   Upcycled calendar- background scene

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Lift Challenge- Elevator Challenge #168 (Tunnel Card)
Papercraft Challenges   Challenge #80-Interactive Cards
2craftycrittercrazies challenge- April 2022                                    
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #99 

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and card design, love the butterfly, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, beaut5iful cards, your work on these cards are awesome.
    Thanks for sharing your cards....well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards, Kathy! I think your cards are really something else in card world!
    Your inside tunnel is great, love the theme, the stamps used and the story which you tell here about the heremit crabs. Thanks very much for joining us at the Liftchallenge again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's your second tunnlecard! You really liked this one ;-)
    Great card and I really like the paperpiecing you used on your card.
    Thank you so much for joining us for the second time at the Liftchallenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the variety of your card creations! I hope to see more of your creations soon! Thanks for participating in A Gem of a Craft Challenge! ~Michelle, DT Polkadoodles https://www.instagram.com/thecraftmarketsc

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect card and memory of your brother! The crab, sand, surfer and tree are so beaching and the torn paper and sentiment are wonderful! So happy you shared with us, even if it was late, over at Path of Positivity! Always love reading your stories! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy, Your cards are fabulous! I love the bunny one! And the tunnel card is really neat! All of your cards are wonderful! Thank you for your kind words on my blog and becoming a follower! The story about your brother and the crabs was so interesting! I would have never guessed they liked peanut butter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Love that beach scene and especially the surprising depth the recipient will see when they oper your amazing card! Thank you for joining our "Interactive" challenge over at Papercraft Challenges! Have a fab day and happy crafting, Maike DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the cards you showed here on your blog but the surf dude is my favorite. Supercool card!! Thank you for joining us again at the lift challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A triple treat again, Kathy! That butterfly creation is sensational! And, yes, that chockie bunny does look good enough to eat; I think it's hysterical that you are giving it to your dentist! And your final design is beachy fun in every way. Great story about your brother and the crabs! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious Kathy! I it does look good enough to eat! I'm sure your dentist will see the humor... ;-) Sorry, you missed the challenge but hope you will join us for our NEW challenge for the month.
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so lovely. Thanks for joining Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CRITTER CRAZY challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Stay safe and healthy!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, these are some gorgeous cards! I especially love all the layers on the last one, looks just like a real beach! thanks for joining us for our 'interactive' challenge on the Papercraft-Challenges blog. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful creations! Thank you for sharing with us over at Cute As A Button. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for our "Easter/Spring" challenge at Digi Doodle Studios!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!