Wednesday, April 27, 2022

myasperations 4-27-22

It's time for another challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog where challenges are always Anything Goes and prizes are awarded from one or more sponsors.  Stop by the blog to check it out! 
My DT card features a sweet digi image from Star Jam Lines named “Gnome Cooks.” I colored the cute little cutie with Spectrum Noir Classique Markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen. I’d found some colorful baby cards in the clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby a while ago, and loved using the hot pink envelope with its lime green polka dotted paper liner, and matching scalloped insert on my card. The non-traditional colors seemed a perfect fit for this card, especially when paired with some striped paper and magenta mirrored cardstock. Oh… and a flurry of cute little gingerbread cookies,printed on Kraft cardstock and fussy-cut into so much cuteness! (Sadly, this digi set is now retired. Beccy occasionally brings sets out of retirement and offers them at a sale price. So you might want to follow her blog to be alerted to events. )  
 
Supplies: 
·   Gnome Digi- Star Jam Lines (Gnome Cooks) (My thanks to Vanessa for alerting me to the fact that this link doesn't work. I checked and it appears that StarJamLines is temporarily down. You can learn more on their FB page HERE 

·   Gingerbread Cookie Digi- from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Gingerbread) Retired April 2022

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiments- from my scrapbook stash

·   Inside Sentiment- “Delicious Christmas Wishes” Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cheers)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #591 AG (optional-Snowperson)
Beccy’s Place Challenge- April  
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun! 

With graduation now about a month away, I'm busy making cards. Here is another one using an owl (this time from Gerda Steiner) perched in front of a fun gold foil sentiment (from a set of wedding announcements found in the discount aisle of Hobby Lobby.) Additional bling was added with stars punched from gold cardstock and positioned beneath a free sentiment.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Papercraft Challenges #81-Animals on the Farm (we lived on a farm for a short time during my childhood and the only animals that inhabited our old barn were cats and an occasional owl. I did google a bit to make sure owls fit under the classification of animals. I discovered that they are considered to be animals of prey because they eat small animals, including… gasp… kitties! I’m glad I didn’t know that when I was young because I loved our barn kitties, and probably would have camped out in the barn with a pilfered BB gun to protect them! I'm also entering this card into the challenge because Gerda Steiner, the artist who created this cute owl, is the sponsor of this current challenge.)      
Supplies: 

·   Graduation Owl Digi- Gerda Steiner Designs (no longer available, but check here to see current  freebies!)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Card front with sentiment- “Whoa…” from a package of Gold Foiled Wedding Announcements- Hobby Lobby Discount Aisle

·   Inside Sentiment- Desert Diva Freebie (conGRADulations)

·   Star punches, gold and patterned cardstock, mini diploma, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #514-542Anything Goes                   
Papercraft Challenges   Challenge #81-Animals on the Farm
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- April                       
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- The Birds' Bath
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge
Gerda Steiner Designs- Share Your Designs Challenge- April     

10 comments:

  1. I love the gnome cooks image you've used! Such a great card but the link you provide didn't get me to the image and I can't seem to find Star Jam Lines on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa, thanks for letting me know this. I checked on Penny's Challenge site and it notes that the store is "currently closed." Their FB page provides a bit more info, noting that they hope to reopen soon. I added that link in my supplies list above.)

      Delete
    2. Kathy, thank you! I would buy that cooking gnome if I could but I could easily forget about it but I did pin your card on my Pinterest board so hopefully I won't forget! I have a friend who would love her Christmas card made with that gnome!

      Delete
  2. Sweet gnome card, Kathy! Loving the baking theme and the cute gnome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute gnome! Great colors, patterns, and design! Thanks for joining us in the BYSHC Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the non-traditional colours on your first card Kathy, you've definitely made good use of those baby cards. Love the image too, that's one sweet gnome.
    Your graduation card is fabulous, the owl is a hoot!! ;) I love how you've decorated the inside of both creations, your cards are always filled with wonderful touches. Well done!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute owl! Love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card. It made me smile. Thank you for joining Craftyhazelnut's patterned paper challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!