Friday, April 15, 2022

myasperations 4-15-22

Since it’s the 15th of the month, I get to share a DT card for QKR Stampede. Stop by the challenge, which is always “Anything Goes” and several prizes are awarded. Maybe you’ll be inspired to enter a card or two yourself? 
The look on this rabbit's face, especially when I saw the name of the digi is “What Eggs?” made me laugh out loud. Instead of making this into an Easter card, I cut a sentiment digi named “Nothing Special” into two sections, creating a wonderful punch line/impact statement for the inside of the card. I’m sending this card to a dear friend who was just diagnosed with breast cancer. I know that she will appreciate the sentiment, and the giggle it might provoke!
Supplies: 

·   Rabbit Digi- QKR Digital Stamp (What Eggs)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front and Inside Sentiment- QKR Digi Stamp (Nothing Special)  Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Puffy Heart Stickers- Sticko’s

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Double D’s Challenge- Easter  
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- April                       
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes (Optional Twist- Furry Friends)
        Since I’m a DT for QKR Stampede (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun! 

I have always loved the sweet images at Whimsie Doodles, and wish I had purchased more of them before the business closed in 2018. This adorable digi, named I Love Chocolate Bunnies, resonates with me (and makes me very hungry!) I paired her with some wonderful washi tape and patterned paper that I’ve had in my stash for several years, plus two sentiments from Beccy’s Place digi sets. (Although Whimsie Doodles digis are no longer available, I remembered that their blog had provided tutorials that helped me learn the basics of using alcohol inks. I checked and was excited to find that their blog- and tutorials- are still available. You can find my favorite one about coloring hair HERE.)
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Whimsie Doodles (I Love Chocolate Bunnies) Company no longer in business.  
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Echo Park Chocolate Bunnies Decorative Tape 
·   Front Sentiment “hello” is from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Little Cuties)
·   Inside Sentiment- “Easter Joy” is from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Easter Joy)
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into: 
Incy Wincy Designs- Easter +/or Animals
Digi Doodle Studios- #48 Easter/Spring
The Paper Shelter #507 Easter Time
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #539-540 Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Easter) 

My boss's son is graduating from high school in early June, and she commissioned me to make a few dozen cards that she’ll need to give to his classmates. Since I want him to be able to tailor the cards to the personalities of his friends, I’m trying to make only one or two of each design.  This is my first! It features a wise owl perched in front of a fun gold foil sentiment. His cap, in school colors, was made with scraps of burgundy and glittery gold cardstock. An embossed sentiment and stars punched from glittery gold add a bit more bling!
PS Beccy’s Place will be retiring many digital and also clear stamp sets at the end of April. Until then, you can pick up some of my favorites for 50% Off! Link to the entire list HERE. 
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- an owl named Arthur- from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Feathered Friends)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Card front with gold foiled sentiment- “Whoa…” from a package of Wedding Announcements- Hobby Lobby Discount Aisle
·   Inside Sentiment- Eureka Stamp (Congratulations) Also available in digital or cling-mounted
·   Star punch, glitter gold cardstock, and other items from my stash. 
Entered into:  
Beccy’s Place Challenge- April  Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge- Week #15 Anything Goes 
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Just Above the Meadow

11 comments:

  1. They are all just awesome Kathy but love that cute bunny card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Easter’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. What a sweet card you've created for her. She'll love it; I do. Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Looking forward to seeing you again for our next challenge. Have a lovely day, and Happy Easter. Hugs, Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful collection of cards for different occasions! I just love the first card with that cute inside sentiment to go along with the outside, and hopefully your friend will get a good giggle to cheer her up as she faces such a battle ahead of her. Great coloring on the 2nd card too, and those graduation cards are completely cute and perfect as well! Thanks too for your kind comments on my blog and becoming a follower. I'm your newest follower as well. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, the bunny card made me laugh with the fun sentiment! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}
    Don't forget we have a year round Halloween challenge at Two Old Bats Halloween, giving you a chance to make Halloween cards year round, and with 50 or more players we have a prize to give away!
    {Two Old Bats}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful message! I know the receiver will be so thrilled to receive this lovely card. Thank you for joining Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun Easter image! Love that washi tape too, and your perfect colour choices. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter! Wishing you a very Happy Easter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome cards Kathy...I like them all especially all the stories that goes with your cards...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is very sweet and made me smile. So glad you linked up to Double D Challenges. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great bunny image Kathy, and I love that you've changed the sentiment to personalise it for your friend. I'm sure she'll get a kick out of it. It's lovely of you to send her something positive after her recent diagnosis... I'm sending healing vibes her way too.
    Your second card is very sweet, I love the gorgeous image, which you've coloured perfectly. The washi tape is a nice addition, the pattern is fabulous.
    I love the graduation card you made, awesome idea to add the mortar board to the little owl! The gold foil circle in the background is a real crowd stopper... perfect for such a big occasion. Love it!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card so much, thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete

  11. Such a cute cards
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Studios Challenge
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!