Tuesday, February 1, 2022

myasperations 2-1-22

Since it’s the first of the month, I get to share a DT card for QKR Stampede. Stop by the challenge, which is always “Anything Goes” and several prizes are awarded. Maybe you’ll be inspired to enter a card or two yourself? 
This is the first time I used the striking sentiment on a card… and I decided to print it off large enough for the front of an A2-sized card.  A template from my scrapbook stash helped me to frame the sentiment with a perfectly sized heart. The delicate and frilly butterfly digi is a freebie, and I love how its wings hold small hearts that mimic the hearts on the sentiment’s music notes. A second butterfly embellishes the inside sentiment which is one of my favorites for so many occasions and seasons. (I am so thankful for so many special friends and family members who regularly bless my days!)
Supplies: 

·   Front Sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (Life Is the Song) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, and Sakura Gelly Roll white & gold gel pens

·   Butterfly Digi-Freebie from www.thetoymaker.com (Heart Butterfly)

·   Inside Sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (I Am So Thankful) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Patterned Papers- Hobby Lobby

·   Cardstock, heart template, metallic bronze paper, and all other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Cute As A Button- February: CH #77 Anything Goes + (Option) From the Heart
Digi Doodle Studios- #46 Love and/or Friendship
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Anything Goes)

The first of the month also means that it’s time to share my DT card for the monthly challenge on the Sheepski Designs Blog. The theme is “Use Some Red” and the Party Shoes on this beautiful digi were so fun to “bling up” with red micro-glitter. The B&W “If the shoe fits…” patterned paper provided a perfect background (and it’s a freebie!) Striking party shoes require an elegant party dress. I decided to go for a white dress, first adding light shading to the folds, then adding the look of a lace-over-satin with my trusty white gel pen. (It really is one of my favorite card-making tools!) Red cardstock, black striped vellum, and a delightful computer-generated quote from Dorothy, who once rocked her new sparkly red heels in Oz, finished out the card.
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Sheepski Designs (Party Shoes)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment/background paper- “If the shoe fits…” eyeletoutlet.blogspot.com from the Freebies Section HERE

·   Inside Sentiment- Computer Generated

·   Cardstock, black striped vellum, red micro-glitter, and other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- February               
Jan’s Digi Stamps- January 2022 Anything Goes    
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Add Some Sparkle
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes (Optional Twist- Fantasy)
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Kathy. Love the sentiments and beautiful colouring. Thanks for joining us in our Digi Doodle Studios challenge. Good luck with your entry! Patsy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to smile Kathy because I could not wait to get home and take my shoes off after a long day! But I would shine in those ruby slippers! Thank you for sharing your card of dreams with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing sparkly dress and shoes Kathy <3
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards - I love the huge sentiment on your first one. Thank you for joining in the Digi Doodle Studios Challenge this month! Hope to see you again!

    Hugs, Vannessa - DT Digi Doodle Studios

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!