Friday, February 11, 2022

myasperations 2-11-22

It’s Friday... time for the Colour Crazy Challenge. This challenge is “Anything Goes” but it adds a requirement; the creation needs to include coloring in “any colouring medium you like, onto any project you like, and in any colours you like.” I’ve never outgrown my love for coloring, which is why making cards is therapy for me! 
This week's sponsor is Jan’s Digi Stamps and my DT card uses a lovely digi and sentiments from a  set named Tea Time. I printed the vintage image on white cardstock and used Spectrum Noir Classique Markers and a white Sakura Gelly Roll gel pen to add some contrast and highlights. Scraps from the patterned paper I’ve had in my stash for at least a decade are a perfect fit for this digi. A bow made from a bit of pale pink ribbon, silver photo corners, and a few little purple flowers fussy-cut from the background paper provides a few embellishments. 
Supplies: 
·   Digi and sentiments- Jan’s Digi Stamps (Tea Time)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Silver photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   Pink ribbon, cardstock, and patterned paper, from my stash. 
Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #529-530 Anything Goes                   
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #6 Anything Goes                        
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- February               
Jan’s Digi Stamps- February 2022 Anything Goes 

I haven’t used this wood mount stamp for a few decades… but after I discovered it in my stash a few weeks ago, I just had to make a few cards. This is my second using a Penny Black Cat stamp. I fussy-cut the little furball again, but this time I took the advice from a commenter and didn’t cut around all those whiskers. Instead, I drew them in after adhering the cat to the card front. Easy-Peasy!
  
Supplies: 

·   Rubber Stamp- Penny Black Cat with Heart (no longer available)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen, and Sharpie black permanent fine-line marker

·   Patterned paper-Hobby Lobby

·   Front Sentiment-True Love Sticker from my Scrapbook Stash.

·   Inside sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (Happy Valentine’s Day) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Cardstock and other items from my stash.

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
Double D’s Challenge-Hearts
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge- January: Rosy Red     
The Paper Shelter  #498 Red or Pink as Main Color
Incy Wincy Designs-   Red/ Pink (50% Of Creation) Or Valentines
Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge- Furry Thing Goes (#75 February)      
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Add Some Sparkle
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

11 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tremendous Job Kathy! Thank you for showcasing "Tea Time" on your fabulously colored creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. The papers and the layers make it pop! Hope you will join us each month for a NEW challenge. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is just as sweet as can be! Thanks for linking up to the Double D Challenges. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitty is absolutely precious!💗🐈💗 What a perfect card for our challenge, Colorful Options. Thank you for playing along with us this month. I look forward to seeing more of your makes in the future. Cheers, Makira CO DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. More super cute and fun and pretty cards! Love that fun kitty cat!! Thank you for joining our challenges at Double D and Colorful Options!
    Diane DD DT and CO DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy! Happy Valentine's Day. Lovely card and great colours. So glad that you've joined in the fun at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry, and hope to see you again. Enjoy your day. Hugs, Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fun & fabulous creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Hearts’ challenge and the 'Red' challenge over at Colorful Options! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love how you've highlighted the florals with the white gel pen..creates a heat embossed look. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card! Great thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenges.
    Wish you good luck and hope to see you soon.
    Hugs
    Danka
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are gorgeous Kathy!

    Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, I hope you join us again this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cards and I love the sweet kitty card. Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!