Wednesday, February 9, 2022

myasperations 2-9-22

I am honored to have served as a Guest Designer for Beccy Muir at Beccy’s Place and am now one of her “Contributors” (which means that she provides me with digis or clear stamp sets several times a year and I get to create cards or other items with them!) It is always fun to see the images Beccy invites me to use.  This time, the digi and sentiments are all from a just-released set named Nuts ‘N’ Bolts.
I love that Beccy names each of her characters and the name of this robot, Clang, makes me giggle. I really liked Beccy's pre-colored Clang, especially because of how his bright purple coloring compliments the yellow-green background paper from my scrapbook stash. After I used an oval template to create layering on the card and added the sentiments, I thought the card was lacking something.  After a little unsuccessful experimenting, I noticed a wad of cotton on my work table, and an idea went off in my brain. A robot named Clang is sure to love churning up a bit of exhaust or dust when making a fast get-away, right?! Plus, the cotton, some ultra-fine gold glitter on the robot's dashboard, and metallic silver cardstock add a fun texture to the card.
Supplies: 

·   Pre-colored Digi and Sentiments from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Nuts ‘N’ Bolts)

·   Shading and highlights added with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen, and Pentel Silver marker

·   Gears patterned paper and oval templates from my scrapbook stash.

·   Cardstock, ultra-fine gold glitter, and small cotton wad from my stash.
Entered into:  
Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge- Week #5 Anything Goes  
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- February               

It’s been a super busy month, suffering from COVID plus staff resignations followed by interviews. Whew! Was glad to have a bit of time to color… especially making Valentine's cards. This one features a beautiful digi set from Beccy’s Place. I loved coloring the wood ice bucket with markers, then adding a bit of “weathering” with a white colored pencil.  If you’ve followed my blog for a while, you’ll know that I love finding treasures in the clearance aisles at Hobby Lobby, JoAnnes, plus assorted thrift stores. The wonderful Gold Foiled front of this card was cut from a packet of clearance News Year’s Party invitations (for 75% off!) Strips of gold-foiled trimmed from one of the invites are added to the inside sentiment.  And of course, what celebration is complete without some glitter… this time brought to you by stickers (that are shedding slightly.)

Supplies: 

·   Digi from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Champagne)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen and white colored pencil

·   Sparkly Hearts Stickers:- Hobby Lobby

·   Front Sentiment- Gold Foiled Party invitations from Hobby Lobby

·   Inside sentiment- “Happy Valentine’s Day”- Hero Arts (retired)

·   Circle templates from my scrapbook stash.

·   Cardstock (Metallic Gold and Tan Parchment), and small cotton wad from my stash.

Entered into:   
Double D’s Challenge-  Hearts  
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge- January: Rosy Red     
Beccy’s Place Challenge- February  Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday    
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

PS Beccy’s Place will be retiring many digital and also a clear stamp set at the end of April. Until then, you can pick up some of my favorites for 50% Off! (I added several from the list to my collection for just $2.92 each- USD.) You can link to the entire list HERE.


  

6 comments:

  1. Two fabulous cards! Your cards are just as sweet as can be. Thanks for linking up to the Double D Challenges. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and festive card! I love the champagne bottle as a Valentine's Day Card; great creativity! Thank you for your support this month at the Colorful Options Challenge! Have a great week! Cheers, Makira CO DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulously fun cards! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D and Colorful Options!
    Diane DD DT and CO DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Valentine's card Kathy! Beautiful inside & out! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Hearts’ challenge and the 'Red' challenge over on Colorful Options! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. Just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE?. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your coloring is just amazing! Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Good luck with your entry, and we hope to see you again.

    Donna from Creative Pixie Designs
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card. The patterned paper is a wonderful addition to the main image. Thank you for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge!
    Anna, Design Team
    https://sparklywallflower.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!