Sunday, January 30, 2022

myasperations 1-30-22

I discovered I am getting low on princess cards… and being the Auntie that LOVES to spoil her great-nieces that just ISN’T allowed! This sweet digi from Paper Nest Dolls, named Ice Princess, is sure to bring a smile to the face of all little Princesses.
I created this card as my final entry for Double D’s Blue and White Winter Challenge plus two Outlawz Challenges: Thursday (focuses on Fantasy… and Princess Elsa fits that requirement ) and Tuesday (my card includes the required color-Aqua-which is in the swirls in the background- plus two others- teal and white, and my twist is fantasy.)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Paper Nest Dolls Digi Stamps (Ice Princess)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white, silver and gold gel pens

·   Front Sentiment “Hello Sweet Friend” from Beccy's Place Digital Set (Keeping It Simple)

·   Inside Sentiment- Freebie from Polkadoodles (Never Let Anyone Dull Your Sparkle)  

·   Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Pen- Glitter

·   Stickles- Diamonds

·   Cardstock, patterned paper, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Double D’s Challenge-  Blue and White Winter       
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge-Inspiration Photo (Photo)  
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes (Optional Twist- Fantasy)  

I recently was the random winner at Polkadoodles and picked this sweet digi as my prize. Named “Honeypie-Catnaps” it was so fun to color. I used a beloved white gel pen to create the lacy texture on her Scrunchie ponytail holders.  
I’m entering this card into several challenges including one that is dedicated to all things Feline!
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Polkadoodles Digital Stamp (Honeypie-Catnaps)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- “Happy Purr-thday!” Imagine That Set (Kitty Lapping Milk) Company no longer in business

·   Photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   Inside Sentiment- Computer Generated

·   Puffy Heart Sticker- Stickos

·   Patterned Paper- Hobby Lobby

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #4 Anything Goes                        
Gem of a Challenge- Week #3 Anything Goes                               
Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge- Furry Thing Goes (#74 January)     

I made this final card for the January Rudolph Challenge because I love making Christmas cards any time of the year! The card base and envelope are from a box of Christmas Cards I found at 75% off a few years ago. I covered the image on the card front with a rectangle of cardstock upon which I layered the apron-shaped embellishment with a yummy trio of gingerbread cookies peeking from it’s front pocket. I decorated the cards inside sentiment with a candy cane sticker and Gingerbread Cookie Digi from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set that is soon being retired. (It is on sale through April for 50% off…which means I got it for just $2.92 US)
Supplies: 

·   Front Digi and Sentiment “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” from Beccy's Place Digital Set (Home for the Holidays)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Card base- from a box of Christmas Cards found at Goodwill (I kept the inside sentiment and added a few embellies: candy cane sticker and Cookie Digi from a Beccy’s Place Set (Gingerbread) printed on Kraft cardstock and colored with markers and a white gel pen.

·    Apron Template found HERE

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Rudolph Days Challenge- January
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #527-528 Anything Goes                   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #579 AG

I had fun making this card for the current Sketch N Scrap Challenge using a fun… actually SWEET… digi set from Beccy’s Place. To allow the little ice cream-loving bear to enjoy his cone while reclining, I had to flip and turn the sketch and... ooops... I just realized that I also repositioned the sentiment, which is a lot of changes! I do understand if my card needs to be disqualified because of this, but I don't care because it was so much fun to create! In place of the daisy, I used a circular sentiment (which is a freebie!) and lined it with a scrap of a light green plastic index divider sheet. Scraps from a blue divider sheet frame the little bear and also the inside sentiment. (These are one of my favorite supplies, sometimes called document file folders, which come in a pack of assorted colors and can be found in the office supply section of most stores. They're cheaper than colored vellum and more translucent. Punches and dies don’t work on these sheets, but they are easy to fussy-cut with a sharp pair of scissors. And you can draw shapes onto them with a permanent fine line marker- which Is how I often use them to make realistic-looking balloons on my cards!)  

Supplies: 
·   Digi and inside sentiment-Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Beary Delicious)
·   Colored with Decorative Chalks, Spectrum Noir Classique markers, and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Cherry topped ice cream cone- Free digi from Scribbles Designs you can find Here  

·   Scribbles Shiny White 3-D Paint adds texture to the ice cream on the cones
·   Inside Sentiment- Freebie from Desert Diva (Sweet Birthday Wishes)  

·   Ice Cream in Waffle Cone- upcycled from a Culver’s ad
·   Cardstock, scraps of patterned paper, tan embossed vellum, blue and light green plastic file folders, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Sketch N Scrap-Card Sketch  #209    
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- January                 
Jan’s Digi Stamps- January 2022 Anything Goes    
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Birthday)
           

15 comments:

  1. Super cute cards and I love the Christmas apron one :-)
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this gorgeous Apron card with the gingerbread men poking their heads out of the pocket. Thanks for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the cards are fabulous! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy all your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome creations Kathy! Love the sentiment on your blue/white card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Blue & White’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    Your cards are wonderful especially the Rudolf one with the fab apron and the Gingerbread people in the pocket.
    I see you carried on the theme into the inside also.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy! Such adorable cards!! Love them all! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic cards :) Love what you did with the sketch :) Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap
    Tina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Such a beautiful collection of cards! All the beautiful textures, details, and colors! I love the added sparkles too!! I hope to see more of your creations soon! Thanks for participating in A Gem of a Craft Challenge! ~Michelle, DT Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete

  10. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Week 4 at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards, I love how you've coloured sweet little Honey!
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your princess card is gorgeous Kathy, I'm sure it's going to make someone VERY happy! You've done a brilliant job with the colouring, and I love the sparkles you added around the sentiment.
    The second card in your post is very sweet... she sure looks comfortable napping there with her kitty on her knees, a warm drink at her side and nice comfy boots on her feet.
    I love the idea of adding the images to the apron embellishment, that's very cool! I also like that you've upcycled the purchased card to make it something extra special. That's a great way to reuse store-bought cards that you receive throughout the year too.
    Your last card is wonderful Kathy, and I doubt it will be disqualified from the challenge since you've clearly used the sketch as inspiration... you did a great job with your interpretation. I particularly like the piece of tan, embossed vellum, the colour and texture make me think of wafers that are often added to ice-cream sundaes. Love it!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, Kathy, such a sweet little bear. Love your coloring! Great paper choice. Putting on a DT hat - Let me say "Thanks" for playing along in our challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps this month. Good luck in the draw and we love seeing people like you play with us regularly.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are all so cute! Fantastic job

    Thanks for joining us at Gem of A Craft Challenge!

    -Jill, Polkadoodles DT

    Tiny Treasure Workshop

    ReplyDelete
  15. All super cute cards.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!