Sunday, January 16, 2022

myasperations 1-16-22

I apologize that I am posting this a day late. The last few days have been difficult ones. 
     
     After being in hospice for about a week, my sweet MIL passed away this AM. Sally had lived a long life and left a legacy in children in grandchildren. I couldn’t have asked for a better MIL and my sweet hubby was so blessed to have her as his mom. She was actually in pretty good health until recently, when she suffered one of the many infections that are typical for a person her age. She became increasingly confused and hasn’t recognized Rich during his weekly calls to her the last few months. So, Rich and I are glad she is in a better place right now. We imagine her drinking coffee with my mom and his aunts in their mansions and enjoying baked goods that are... well... heavenly!!
      Rich posted the following info to his FB page this AM. I share it because it so beautifully reflects my husband’s heart… and the love for his dear mom! We will miss her dearly! “My mom passed away this morning.  She was 98 years old.  My dad passed away 62 years ago.  She raised my three older sisters and I until all of us were out on our own before she remarried.  When she turned 80, we had a big shindig for her with the extended family and each of us wrote something about what she meant to us.  My sisters and I each wrote separately of how safe we felt growing up in our home.  Now, it’s her turn.  She’s safe and at home.”
     Sally loved receiving cards from us… and was always thrilled when I gave her gift packets of cards to send to friends and family. Up until the last year she never missed a birthday, anniversary, or graduation. So, I’m pretty sure she will be smiling down on me as I work through my grief over the next few weeks in my craft room. Now on to my posting!

      It’s the middle of the month which means it’s time for a challenge at QKR Stampede which is always “Anything Goes” and several prizes are awarded. Stop by the challenge and maybe you’ll be inspired to enter a card or two yourself?
     My DT card features a QKR digi and sentiment that work so beautifully together. I had fun using them on a Triangle Fun Fold card (which is super easy to make!) I had fun cutting out the inside of his helmet and slipping a scrap of acetate down over his head and face to create a clear view of the beautiful galaxy behind him. Silver metallic cardstock and silver holographic stars complete the card which really is out of this world!
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge-(my car includes a few of the colors in the photo, plus the bright points of stars mimic the sunlight through the trees.)  
Supplies: 

·   Triangle Fun Fold- Found on Pinterest HERE

·   Digi- QKR Digital Stamp (Star Catcher) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Galaxy Patterned Paper and Star Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Inside Sentiment- QKR Digital Stamp (Catch Your Dreams) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Cardstock, a scrap of acetate, and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
The Paper Shelter-#494 Color It
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week # 623 Going Dotty
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge-Inspiration Photo 
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

      A recent episode of the YouTube program, Craft Roulette, featured a wonderful blogger named Jessica Taylor as a guest stamper. She was challenged by Mary Gunn FUNN, the host of the program, to create a card-live on camera-that featured four randomly picked themes. Jessica beautifully met the challenge then invited her blog followers to create a card. I had fun creating this card which meets the four required themes: Pocket- stamped Teddy bear sits on a pile of hearts with a pull tab; Colors- Purple + 3 (gray, pink, and green/teal); Transportation- truck; and Oval- sentiment.
     My card features a beautiful classic truck from a Beccy’s Place digi set that is soon being retired. (On sale through April for 50% off, which means I got it for just $3.64 US. I pasted a WM of the set and also the retiring sets flyer so you can maybe do some shopping?!) I copied the colored (deep rich red) truck jpg, dropped it into a Word document, then before printing it off, I clicked the picture format option, then color option to change the color to grey so that the bright red wouldn’t overpower the pastel hearts.  
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Beccy’s Place Digital Stamp Set (Cruisin)

·   Classic Truck (colored digi) shaded with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and highlighted with Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Scenic Tree Paper- Hobby Lobby

·   Teddy Bear- Rubber Stamp from a retired Stampin’ Up set ( maybe from the late '90s?)

·   Front Sentiment- Desert Diva freebie (Hello How are You)

·   Inside Sentiment “Loads of Love” From Beccy’s Place Digi Set (The Long Haul)

·   Cardstock, and assorted valentine stickers from my stash.

Entered into:  
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Transport It
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #173 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #525-526 Anything Goes                   
Beccy’s Place Challenge- January  Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!

Before I forget, I wanted to share a few other Beccy’s Place digis and sentiments that I used to decorate my office door for a contest during the holidays. I printed the digis vertically on 8.5 x 14-inch copy paper, taped them together, colored then fussy-cut the snarky critters before attaching them to some wonderful, patterned Christmas wrapping paper. I printed off the snarky sentiments, sketched word bubbles around them, fussy cut, and added them to the door.  There was some major competition-one door included a bowl of real, hand-baked cookies in small baggies for easy grabbing, and another included a 3-D snowman made from white solo cups with flashing lights and music!!) … it did bring in lots of comments and giggles from people passing by. I guess that many of my co-workers can understand the truth in those sentiments. (My fat pants got dangerously stretched this year!!)
      I’m entering this card into several challenges including Digi Doodle Studios- (One of my favorite things about stamping is always looking for new ways to use my stamps, digis and supplies. And if my efforts bring a smile- or chuckle- well, that makes me happy!) 
Supplies: 

·   Goose Digi  “Fat Pants”  and “Naughty List” Sentiment from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Grumpy Goose)

·   Chicken Digi from Beccy’s Place Digi Sets (Poultry in Motion)

·   Colored with Assorted markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Chalkboard Christmas Wrapping Paper, scraps of vellum (to create "steam" rising from the coffee cup), Santa patterned paper and cardstock from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Animals)
Digi Doodle Studios- #45 Be Happy and/or Your Favorite Thing

11 comments:

  1. Kathy, I'm so very sorry for your loss, prayers for all, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kathy I am very sorry for your loss. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card, Kathy! The fun space bear image works perfectly with your choice of galactic papers and a great card design too!
    Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers! Lisa x

    PS...It is always sad when we lose loved ones, but it sounds like your MIL had a full and long life, and it is a legacy to her that you can recognise how you were blessed to have her as part of your family. Sending hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My condolences to you and your husband and family on your loss. Enjoyed looking at your cards and cool door decoration, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy. Oh, such sad news. My sincerest condolences goes out to you and your family.

    I love your beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Take good care of yourself. Hugs, Lori (DT TPS)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card Kathy. The bear is so sweet and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

    Sending my condolences to you and your husband on your sad loss x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so very sorry for your loss Kathy, my heart goes out to both you and Rich. I know how much your mother-in-law meant to you both and I'm sure she is going to be sorely missed. May you both find comfort in your faith and in the wonderful memories you have made over the years.
    Your cards are all very beautiful, as always. I know you will find consolation in creating, like many of us do during difficult times. I also love the display you created for your door and I'm sure it brought plenty of smiles to your office.
    Love,
    Beccy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for your loss. Thanks for playing along with us over at PFM this week.
    Hugs
    Marie, PFM

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    But still cute cards, I hope that crafting helps in this situation!

    Thank you for joining The Paper Shelter challenge. Good luck and hope to see you again!

    Merja DT
    https://kortitjakokkailut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kathy, sorry to read of your families loss. Two lovely cards and one ready for Valentine's Day too. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear your sad new Kathy, sending hugs <3
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!