Friday, January 14, 2022

myasperations 1-14-22

It’s Friday and time for the Colour Crazy Challenge. This challenge is “Anything Goes” but it adds a requirement; the creation needs to include coloring in “any colouring medium you like, onto any project you like, and in any colours you like.” I’ve never outgrown my love for coloring… which is why making cards is stress therapy for me!! 
This week's sponsor is Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps and my DT card features a digi named Dark Lilies. I printed the beauty on white cardstock and used Spectrum Noir Classique Markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen to add color, shading, and highlights. I used a few photos from the web for guidance when coloring the lovely lilies. Some patterned paper, photo corners, and a sweet sentiment finish off the card.  
Note- The sentiment is from a beautiful Beccy’s Place digi set that is soon being retired. (On sale through April for 50% off, which means I got it for just $2.19 US.) I love the image in this set, and use the sentiments from the set quite often. They are so versatile for many types of cards!
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge (My card reflects the pastel colors and lacy details of the inspiration photo.) 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamp (Dark Lilies)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Front Sentiment “Hello Friend” from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (True Beauty)
·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources
·   Cardstock, patterned papers and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting ChallengeFor the Girls
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge-Inspiration Photo  
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes (Optional Twist- Feminine)
Polkadoodles ChallengeWeek #5 Anything Goes                        
The Paper Shelter-#494 Color It
Ching-Chou Kuik's Digital Stamps Inspiration & Challenge- “Something New" 
Ching-Chou Kuik's FB Challenge- “Something New” 

Decided to add a few more cards to this post to help increase the number of viewers… which I feel I owe to the companies/challenges for which I’m a DT! This Christmas card features a Tree Shaped die cut tag as it’s base, sweet little gingerbread cookies from another Beccy’s Place digi set that is soon being retired. (On sale through April for 50% off.) Sadly the elf digi is no longer available (I miss Bugaboo Stamps!) because I love that I was able to bend his little fingers around a cookie. The colorful pile of gifts is upcycled from a sale ad from Simon Says Stamp!

Supplies: 
             ·  Digi- Bugaboo Digital Stamp (Deacon Elf) Company no longer in business.

·   Gingerbread Cookie Digi- from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Gingerbread) Now 50% off (which means I got it for just $2.92 US)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Inside Sentiment- LoveSVG Freebie (May Your Christmas Be Sweet)

·   Christmas Tree tag Diecut- from a Package I found at a thrift store a few years ago

·   Gifts under tree upcycled from a Simon Says Christmas flyer.

·   Cardstock, snowflake stickers and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge- Week #1 Anything Goes     
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #525-526 Anything Goes                   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #576 AG
Beccy’s Place Challenge- January Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!

Since my cards usually involve layers, fussy-cutting and coloring/shading/highlighting, I love how easily this card came together. Using a Sheepski Designs digi with an incorporated sentiment, the card is almost CAS- at least for me! I created the cloudy sky background with chalk, a makeup sponge, and a cloud stencil. (Note- the stencil I used is no longer available. However, I checked one of my favorite stamp supply shops, Simon Says Stamp!, searched “cloud stencil” and 70 options popped up!) 
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Simon Says Stamp Challenges Monday (Balloons are a non-conventional way to transport greetings, notes small gifts and a smile!) and Wednesday (I used a stencil, blue chalk and a makeup sponge to make the billowy clouds. Plus, I provided a link to Simon Says Stamp shop which offers many designs and sizes of cloud stencils plus thousands of other items. It’s one of my favorite “go-to” online 
shops!) 

Supplies: 
•  Digi- Sheepski Designs (Happy Birthday
•   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen 
•   All Night Media Cloud stencil (no longer available) but lots of cloud stencils HERE 
•   Cardstock, 
blue chalk (clouds), a scrap of satin ribbon, and other items from my stash.
Entered into:
Double D’s Challenge- 6th Birthday Party Balloons 
STAMPlorations- CAS Challenge January (Optional- Rainbow) 
STAMPlorations- Stencil Challenge January (Anything Goes)      
Incy Wincy Designs-Pastel Colors and/or sketch
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Birthday)
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Thanks for joinng at The Paper Shelter #494: Colour It
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty party balloons, thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your translucent balloons on that gorgeous blue sky! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Birthday Balloons’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your transparent balloons and your sentiment in the strings. Super cool! Thanks for linking up to the Double d Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your very feminine first card Kathy, off to get it, thanks. Your Christmas card is so much fun. Your balloons are amazing colouring, they look so real. Fabulous.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy! You made such a beautiful card, Love it all! So glad you joined in the fun on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry, and hope to see you again. Hugs, Lori (DT at TPS)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The image on the first card is really beautiful Kathy, I particularly like the delicate little hummingbird. You've done an amazing job with the colouring, I always love how you use the white pens to make the rest of the colours appear more intense... just gorgeous!
    Your Christmas tree card is awesome, I love the way you've decorated it with the gingerbread men and snowflakes! I also love how you've placed the little elf. I can't decide if he's decorating the tree or actually collecting snacks for himself. Love it.
    The balloon card is fabulous Kathy, perfect for a birthday. I love how you've stencilled the clouds in the background. At first I thought the balloons were made from the plastic folders you often used, but was surprised to read they are a digi. You did a really good job colouring them so evenly and I love that you've made them transparent so the sky shows through. Clever.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your balloons card - great cloud background.

    Thanks for joining us at the Incy Wincy Designs Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!