Friday, January 21, 2022

myasperations 1-21-22

Sorry that this posting is a few days late. I’m in quarantine for COVID and have been coughing, sneezing, and taking lots of naps! I’m on day five so hoping the symptoms settle soon so that I can go back to work. I miss seeing people! (and my sweet husband is tired of having me here 24-7!) I’m thankful that both of us seem to be having fairly mild cases of COVID. Yay for vaccinations!!

Here is my belated DT card for the Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog where challenges are always Anything Goes and prizes are awarded from one or more sponsors.  Stop by the blog to check it out!

For this challenge, my DT card features a festive digi from Hetty Clare. After finding some colorful paper in my stash that screamed PARTY, I colored the fuzzy owl pile, adding some pastel accents to match the paper. A strip of striped vellum provided a nice contrast behind the owl digi, and black photo corners pulled the card together. (For the balloons I used scraps from one of my favorite office supplies- plastic index divider sheets. These items- sometimes called document file folders- come in a pack of assorted colors and can be found in the office supply section of most stores. They're cheaper than colored vellum and more translucent. Punches and dies don’t work on these sheets, but they are easy to fussy-cut with a sharp pair of scissors. And you can draw shapes onto them with a permanent fine line marker- which Is how I created the balloons on the front and inside of this card.)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Hetty Clare (Owl Fun Birthday)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Inside Sentiment- “Happy Birthday” Freebie from Simply Card and Papercraft (No longer available)

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Striped vellum, patterned paper, cardstock, and scraps of plastic file folder from my stash.

Entered into:  
Incy Wincy Designs-Pastel Colors and/or sketch
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #3 Anything Goes                        
           
My final card is my second for the current Butterfly Challenge (one of my favs!) that requires specific guidelines, including a different creative fold as one of the challenge themes. The sponsor, Mrs. A, provides instructions for each fold that are really helpful. This is my second card using the Triple Point Card and it went together very quickly. My card also includes three of the required colors: Tickle me pink, Tan and Tea Green (sage) and two of the three themes: Triple Point Card and Butterfly (part of the sweet Paper Shelter digi named Teacup Yorkie. I colored him to resemble one of my sisters’ pups named “Taz.” He was a little cutie!))
I’m entering this card into several challenges including The Paper Shelter’s New Beginnings (the look on this little Yorkies face makes me think of how I’d like to look at the new year. As soon as I get past COVID… I look forward to the adventures that it hold in store. Also, I think this is  the first time I’ve used this sweet digi.)

Supplies: 

·   Digi- The Paper Shelter (Teacup Yorkie)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Triple Point Card- Instructions available HERE

·   Sparkly Heart Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Front Sentiment “Hello Sweet Friend” from Beccy's Place Digital Set (Keeping It Simple)

·   Inside Sentiment- Desert Diva (Will you be my Valentine?)

·   Pioneer Clear Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Gold photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   Sheer black dotted Swiss ribbon- JoAnne’s

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Butterfly Challenge- #165 T For Triple Point Card   
The Paper Shelter-#495 New Beginnings
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Four-Legged Friends
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #174 Anything Goes
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Insects/Birds
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes (Optional Twist- Feminine)

My younger sister, Carol, is the mother of three amazing sons, a grandma of four little girls, will soon be celebrating her 40th year of being married to her childhood sweetheart and best friend, and is a cancer survivor (3 years since she had stem cell replacement surgery.) She is one of my Sheroes (sHEROes!) Carol is also the best paper snowflake cutter I’ve ever known. Back in the 90’s Carol and I spent a snowy afternoon sitting in her kitchen where she patiently shared this skill with me. Although I can now make hand-cut snowflakes, they will never compare to the delicate beauties that literally dance from the tips of her scissors in a flurry of little snippets! I recently found a packet of the snowflakes Carol made for me that day long ago, and just had to immortalize them in a card. (I am going to put it in the box with our Christmas ornaments so I can find it next year when putting up the tree. This is the only way it will be able to find it 11 months from now!)

Supplies: 

·   Braided Edging- Template and instructions found HERE

             Another version, for a braided bookmark, is provided HERE

·   Rubber Stamps- Snowflakes and Front Sentiment- Embossing Arts (company out of business)

·   Inside Sentiment- Computer Generated

·   Iridescent Snowflake stickers and cardstock from my stash.

Entered into:  
Double D’s Challenge-  Blue and White Winter     
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #527-528 Anything Goes                   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #577 AG
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge- January: Winter Blue   
   

14 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope your feeling better soon and dont have any lingering effects. That little dog card is super cute... Popping over from Simonsays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Kathy, feel better, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  4. All are beautiful! Hope you feel better soon! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy! Sorry to learn that you are not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon. I love your adorable cards. Happy Anniversary to Carol. What a wonderful milestone. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card. Good luck with your entry, and hope to see you again. Hugs, Lori (DT - The Paper Shelter)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely GORGEOUS snowflake card! Yes, that is quite an art!! Congrats to Carol ... tell her to hang in there ... my husband had a stem cell transplant back in 2009 and is doing GREAT! Not an easy process I know and I commend her for keeping her chin up through it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Blue & White’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. Are you aware of the new color challenge that began just this month? It’s called COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE and the January color is BLUE … I hope you’ll come share this beauty with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for entering your beautiful snowflake card in our challenge at Colorful Options!
    Diane CO DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Colorful Options}

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY ... me again! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Colorful Options!
    Darlene
    COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely tower of owls Kathy. I like that you can see through the balloons and yet they are coloured. Thank you for entering the Colour Palette and/or Warm Colours Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy, I just love your take on our theme this week! This adorable pup's face certainly does tell a story. Your card fold is BRILLIANT! Love your paper too. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter, and for using one of our images!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your cards. That one you chose for the Polkadoodles challenge is perhaps my favourite. Amazing design.
    Thanks for joining us this week.
    Hope to see you again soon.
    Nunzia DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your second Triple point card is so sweet. I do hope that you are feeling better now and that your covid symptoms remained mild. We are living in such worrying times. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such darling, sweet cards. LOVE the lattice on the blue creation! Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the Mood Board. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D. Hope to see you back again soon!
    Judy~ DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kathy!
    I hope this finds you doing well. Your art is always such a blessing to me and I'm always beyond grateful to have you share it with us at Word Art Wednesday. Your participation and fellowship for years now have been such a blessing to me and I do praise God for you and the talents you share with us. Thank you for your art and your willingness to share it. Have a blessed week!
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - my personal blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!