Monday, January 24, 2022

myasperations 1-24-22

I’m so thankful to announce that both my sweet hubby and I made it through our bout with COVID. Yay! We are out of quarantine, but wearing masks for the next five days. I spent today working my way through emails and my “to do” list.  Getting ready to call it a night, but wanted to get these cards posted before I sign off. 

I created this lovely winter card for two challenges- Sketch N Scrap (snowflakes worked perfectly with this great sketch) and Double D’s Blue and White Winter (love the inspiration photo). But was thrilled to learn that another monthly  challenge named Colorful Options just started for which it is a perfect card (Thanks for the invite, Darlene!)  Snowflakes are magical to me, so I have lots of them in many forms that I could showcase in this card- patterned paper, dies, stickers, punches, tags (and stamps, which I just realized I didn’t use on this card!)
Supplies: 
·   Large blue and white snowflake tag, snowflake punch, cardstock, and patterned paper from my stash.
·   Snowflakes- Cheery Lynn Designs Die (C146 Snowflakes)
·   Snowflakes- Lawn Fawn LF995-Mini Snowflakes Die Set
·   Front Sentiment- “Let it snow” Computer Generated
·   Inside Circle Sentiment- “Enjoy the Butterflies of Winter” Freebie from Papercrafts Magazine (no longer available)  
Entered into: 
Sketch N Scrap-Card Sketch #210  
Double D’s Challenge-  Blue and White Winter  
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge- January: Winter Blue     
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #527-528 Anything Goes                   
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- January Blues

When I saw this adorable digi from Paper Nest Dolls I knew that I had to make a card for one of my cat-lovin’ friends. It’s her birthday soon so added a punny sentiment, plus some bling because my friend also loves all things sparkly!  The name of the digi is Arabian Princess, so I thought this background paper with an intricate pattern like an expensive Persian Rug would provide her with an appropriate backdrop. So fun! 

Supplies: 
·   Digi- Paper Nest Dolls (Arabian Princess)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Front Sentiment- “Happy Purr-thday!” Imagine That Set (Kitty Lapping Milk) Company no longer in business

·   Inside Sentiment- Freebie from Polkadoodles (Never Let Anyone Dull Your Sparkle)  

·   Patterned Paper- Hobby Lobby

·   Stickles- Diamonds

·   Cardstock (plain and glittery), and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  Paper Nest Dolls-Arabian Princess
Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge- Furry Thing Goes (#74 January)      
Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge- Week #3 Anything Goes   
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Four-Legged Friends
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- January              
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Birthday) 

This sweet digi from All Dressed Up is the Outlawz Progressive Freebie for January. I had fun
coloring it with pretty pastels and adding lots of sparkly hearts plus one delicate butterfly. I’m
entering it into several other challenges including the Outlawz Tuesday Color challenge (my
card holds many of the colors in the inspiration photo), the Outlawz Sunday challenge
(digi has a splattering of sweet little hand-drawn hearts plus I added lots of sparkly heart
stickers to the front and inside), Incy Wincy Designs (so many wonderful pastel colors from
which to choose!) and lastly, and the Butterfly Challenge (my card all four colors:
Thistle/purple Tickle me pink, Tan and Tea Green/sage and one of the themes: Butterfly.)

Supplies: 
·   Digi- All Dressed Up (Rainbow Girl)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & sparkle gel pens
·   Colored Rainbow- Freebie from cornishkat.blogspot.com (Unicorn Rainbow)
·   Butterfly digi-  from Bugaboo "Happiness Frame" (company no longer in business) 
·   Sparkly Heart Stickers- WalMart
·   Front Sentiment “Hello Sweet Friend” from Beccys Place Digital Set (Keeping It Simple)
·   Inside Sentiment- Freebie from Desert Diva (You Add Color To My Life)
·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources
·   Cardstock, scrap of lavender vellum, and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Gem of a Challenge- Week #2 Anything Goes                               
Incy Wincy Designs-Pastel Colors and/or sketch
Outlawz Challenges- Progressive Freebie- January (All Dressed Up Rainbow Girl)
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Hearts
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge-Inspiration Photo 
Butterfly Challenge- #165 T For Triple Point Card                          

12 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy all your cards are gorgeous. I am pleased that you and your hubby are feeling much better. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. 💙💙💙 these! All your cards are precious. Thank you for joining us at the Colorful Options Challenge. Good luck and I hope to see you again soon. Cheers, Makira CO DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful snowflake card!! Thank you for joining our challenges at Double D and Colorful Options!
    Diane DD DT and CO DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your cards are lovely, but wowzers, that snowflake card is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very glad that you are well again and you have made so many beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! I love those lacy snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you used snowflakes in place of circles! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW what a beautiful blue/white card Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Blue & White’ challenge and the Blue challenge over on Colorful Options! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleased to hear that you both got through your covid ok. Our Daughter caught it from her son beginning of december. Whilst he was only ill with it for three days she had a bad time of it and still has bad coughing fits and unable to talk. I love this sweet card you have made here. Thankyou for coming and playing again in the butterfly garden. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great take on the card sketch! Your snowflake card is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How perfect with all the snowflakes! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card and super colouring. Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP cats Challenges.
    IKE =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!