Tuesday, January 18, 2022

myasperations 1-18-22

Hello. I’m posting this on my third day in quarantine after testing positive for COVID on Sunday. Yep… it was a surprise to me, too! I’d known a few people who got COVID even though they were vaccinated, but didn’t think I’d be one of them. Although I am exhausted and have a  severe head cold, I don’t have a fever or any lung issues. Am hoping that continues. This AM my sweet hubby has a sore throat and cough. He is also vaccinated but has MS, so please hold us in your prayers.

I spent last Friday and Saturday in my craft room so wanted to get a few of them posted.
The first one is for the current Butterfly Challenge (one of my favs!)  that requires specific guidelines, including a different creative fold as one of the challenge themes. The sponsor, Mrs. A, provides instructions for each fold that are really helpful. The current fold, Triple Point Card, is new to me but was easy to make. My card also includes all four Colors: Thistle (purple), Tickle me pink, Tan (hair color), Tea Green (sage), and all three Themes: Thank You, Triple Point Card and Butterfly (part of the sweet Paper Shelter digi named Little Butterfly.)
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- The Paper Shelter (Little Butterfly)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Triple Point Card- Instructions available HERE

·   Front Sentiment- “Hello” Sticker-Hobby Lobby

·   Inside Sentiment- upcycled greeting from old card

·   Scrap of pink satin ribbon, cardstock, patterned paper, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
The Paper Shelter-#494 Color It
Butterfly Challenge- #165 T For Triple Point Card  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  

The pastel color palette in the second card fits into two current color challenges. I provide our church with a packet of cards several times a year and this card will be included in my next donation. Sadly the companies that created the digi and sentiments are both no longer in business as they belong to two wonderful artists/businesswomen.
Supplies: 
             ·   Digi- Bugaboo Stamps (Thoughts and Prayers Candle) Company no longer in business.

·   Colored with Decorative Chalks, plus Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Silver photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   Butterfly- Freebie available from HERE (antennae and other details added with a Sharpie black permanent fine-line marker)

·   Inside Sentiment- Imagine That Digistamps set (Sentimental Thoughts) Company no longer in business.

·   Cardstock, patterned paper, diamond gemstone (candle flame) and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Pixie's Snippets-Week #419
Incy Wincy Designs-Pastel Colors and/or sketch
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge-Inspiration Photo  
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes (Optional Twist- Feminine)

This final card was made for another of my favorite challenges, Pixie’s Snippets (which requires the use of bits and pieces of paper.) I made a card like this a few decades ago at a card-making class in South Dakota, that just showed up in a box of cards I’ve had in storage. What a great find!  I used it as my template to sketch the apple parts on paper scraps, cut and piece them together onto a scrap of lovely scripted paper. A scrap from a red heart doily, photo corners, and computer-generated sentiments finish out the card, which will be added to the packet of cards I’m making for our church.
Supplies: 

·   Cardstock, paper scraps, red heart doily, green ribbon, and other items from my stash.

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

Entered into:  
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- January                 
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #3 Anything Goes                        


8 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. I do hope you feel better soon. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and coloring. Hope you and your hubby both recover quickly, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have totally blown me away by turning the triple point on it's side. would never have thought of doing that at all but it works perfectly. So sorry to hear that you have tested positive. I hope you and hubby are doing ok with this nasty virus. It just shows we cannot let our guard down for one minute. Hoping that those of us wise enough to be vaccinated will only get a mild dose of the virus. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three lovely cards Kathy.

    Very sorry to hear you have caught the dreaded lurgey and I wish you and your husband a speedy recovery.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you aren't well, I hope you recover quickly and I also hope that your hubby will be ok too. All your cards are beautiful thank you for sharing your amazing pieces of work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card love the layout! Thanks for sharing with Polkadoodles this week Nelly dt x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards Kathy, as always. So sorry to hear you tested positive for COVID - hope you and importantly your husband are coping well.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love the lavender triple pointed card front! Feel better soon - I'm right there with you. Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles. Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!