Wednesday, February 5, 2020

London Adventure

It's Wednesday! So time for another challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog where challenges are always Anything Goes and prizes are awarded from one or more sponsors.  Stop by the blog to check it out! The sponsor this week is All Dressed Up and I used a digi named "City Girls” on my DT card. The front sentiment is from a Beccy’s Place digi set, the background map and the inside sentiment are both freebies.
 
Supplies: 
·    Digi- All Dressed Up (City Girls)
·    Front Sentiment- Beccy’s Place digi set (Smooth Seas)  
·    Background Map- Freebie found HERE
·    Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·    Inside sentiment- TLC Creations freebie (Winnie the Pooh quote)
·    Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
Entered into:  
Jan’s Digi Stamps- Anything Goes- #7
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #424-425 Anything Goes                   

An iris fold valentine card made with upcycled foil from chocolate kisses? How fun is that?! (Disclaimer- some chocolate kisses were damaged/destroyed/eaten in the making of this card!) This was made for a friend that is almost as much of a chocoholic as I am! If you've followed my blog for a while you'll know that I upcycle alot. I recently stumbled upon a stash of chocolate kisses foil (not sure where these scraps came from… ha!!) and decided to put them to use. I envisioned iris folding, so headed to google to see if I could find a pattern or photo to follow. Found a photo HERE (which includes a  video tut on iris folding for those who have never tried this fun technique) and started flattening and folding the foil scraps until I had enough to line the inside of a kiss shaped cut out.  Positioned and taped the strips in place. Note- I loosely followed the photo for placement, but my interpretation is a little less structured.  I think I was distracted by the pile of still wrapped kisses on my craft table. They are gone now :) The rest of the card went together pretty quickly with items from my stash and a silver embossed sentiment on my gatefold card. (I love that the little kiss tag becomes the sentiment on the front of the card! So fun!)
 
 
Supplies: 
·    Inside  sentiment- Stampendous Wood Mount  (retired)
·    Background papers and silver photo corners from my stash
·    Silver foil for iris folding- from my last chocolate binge!
Entered into:  
Incy Wincy Designs- Love, Love, Love                                                   
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-With Love                                       
The Paper Shelter- #413 For the One I Love
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                       
Di’s Digi Stamps- All About Love                                                           
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Valentines                    
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- Feb                                  

My final card features another retired wood mount stamp- Hybrid Rose from PSX. For this card, I used a technique I remember from back in the late 90’s. Not sure what it is called, but you stamp a large image onto two pieces of A2 sized cardstock in different colors (I used two shades of speckled grey paper.) After stamping, you tear them down the center and tape the two different colored together and color with the desired medium.  I decided to go for subdued colors, using Tombow watercolor markers with white colored pencil highlights. The final touch was to add black photo corners. I left the insides open so I can use them for whatever need arises. (I colored the rose deep red, one of my favorite colors, in honor of my mom, who loved red roses… and who was named Rose! While I had the wood mount stamp out, I stamped up several additional images and created cards in three different colors. So pretty!)
 
Supplies: 
·    Rose image- PSX Wood Mount (no longer available)
·    Inside sentiment- Stampendous Wood Mount (retired)
·    Colored with Tombow Watercolor Markers and a white colored pencil
·    Background papers and photo corners from my stash
Entered into:  
Simon Says Monday Challenge-Floral Frenzy                                       
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #491 (Optional twist- Fav Colors)
A Perfect Time to Craft 2020-Anything Goes- Challenge #2-2020

12 comments:

  1. Great card Kathy. Love the stamp with the girls on it.
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love those girls they are so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. Great rose and colors. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, I love your kisses iris-fold card and the beautiful inside. Thanks for sharing with us at Incy Wincy Love theme, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards! The iris fold is really cool! Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Joy DT



    Joyfully Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, Lovely Cards! They are each unique and exhibit wonderful applications! Thank you for sharing your fabulous creations with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. We love seeing the creativity out there and the techniques that inspire! Good Luck!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely cards! Thank you for joining in with us at The Paper Shelter this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab cards, Love your coloring on both the colored cards and Iris folding takes me back to my early craft days. Thanks for joining our challenge at Jan's Digital Stamps
    Sharon ~ DT member for Jan’s Digital Stamps Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been ages since I tried iris folding. Love the silver!
    Also love that city girls card.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely rose card, very well done. Thank you for joining us At A Perfect Time to Craft. Karen Neil DT. https://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards. I like that you did some iris folding - haven't seen any cards using Iris Folding for a while. It was all the rage a while back - and now it seems to have disappeared which is a shame. Thank you for joining in the Love Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs and apologies for the late comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!