Friday, February 7, 2020

Lots of Lovin’

It’s Friday, so time for another challenge at QKR Stampede!  Stop by the challenge, which is always “Anything Goes” and several prizes are awarded. Maybe you’ll be inspired to enter a card or two yourself? My DT card features a QKR digital image named Held Prisoner. I love the matching heart paper in two colors, and with a bit of fussy-cutting and an Exacto knife made him "hold" the sentiment circle and one heart in his hands.  So fun! The sentiment on the front of the card is from We Are 3, the inside sentiment is computer generated.
 
 Supplies: 
·    Digi- QKR Digital Stamp (Held Prisoner Q-digi15301)
·    Front Sentiment “Happy Valentine’s Day”- We Are 3 Digital Sentiments (Valentines)
·    Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·    Heart patterned papers- Hobby Lobby
·    Inside sentiment- Computer Generated
·    Silver photo corners from my stash
Entered into:  
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #125 Anything Goes
Incy Wincy Designs- Love, Love, Love                                                   
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Love
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-With Love                                       
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                       
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Valentines                    

I was digging through a box of partial cards and miscellaneous stamped images when organizing my stash and this sweet digi caught my attention. I had stamped and foiled it many years ago then set it aside. Decided that snow is the time that she needed to be featured on a card front! I used an Exacto knife to cut around her wings so that I could pop them up to add a bit of depth. Used Tombow markers to add muted colors that compliment the foil. Used my Scor-Pal (which also was attracting dust) to create the dark background.
 
Supplies: 
·    Image- Printworks Angel (no longer available)
·    Inside sentiment- Beccy’s Place digi set (Azaleas)
·    Colored with Tombow Watercolor markers
·    Multicolor foil- from my stash
·    Assorted background papers from my stash
·    Scor-Pal
Entered into:  
Simon Says Monday Challenge-Floral Frenzy                                       
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge #620 Anything Goes
A Perfect Time to Craft 2020-Anything Goes- Challenge #2-2020

My final card this posting uses another item I found when organizing my stash; a heart shaped embellishment from a swap many years ago.  I decided to create a shabby chic card with it. I’ve always admired this style of card, but really struggle to make them so I kept this one pretty simple. I adhered the heart embellie atop a few scraps of patterned paper, and added a pretty sentiment circle. I sized the card to fit into a standard-sized envelope. 
Supplies: 
·    Front Sentiment- Romantic Sentiments Set from JustRite Stampers (no longer in business)
·    Card Candy from a swap several years ago.  
·    Assorted background papers from my stash
Entered into:  
Jan’s Digi Stamps- Anything Goes- #7
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #424-425 Anything Goes                   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- Feb 

7 comments:

  1. Adorable and pretty cards, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. I love them all. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, I love your first card, such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome projects! I especially like your man card! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing creations, as always!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week for our Challenge!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Cards - thank you for joining us at LPOCF good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are adorable! Love his beard on the first one. So glad you joined us for Jan's Digi Stamp Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!