Friday, November 9, 2018

Holiday Cards and More

For this week's challenge at QKR Stampede I made a cute card using a Eureka named "Lg smiling black cat eyes open." It is available as either a digi image or stamp [ES-1802 from stamponit.net] I stamped the cat image on white cardstock and added it to a card layered with a few different patterned papers. The sentiment is computer generated. I didn't include an inside sentiment as I'll be using this as a note card.  
PS Stop on by the QKR Stampede where the weekly challenges are always Anything Goes and prizes are awarded (qkrstampede.blogspot.com)
Entered into: 
2craftycrittercrazies Challenge #20                        (2craftycrittercrazies.blogspot.com)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge       (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)

This entry for Beccy's Place Sixth Annual Month of Holiday Cards Challenge inspired by the letter "H" is Holly. The image and sentiments on the card are from a Beccy's Place digi set  named "Blessings Of  The Season." This is one of my favorite Christmas sets as the image is so elegant and the set has so many wonderful Christmas sentiments. I colored the holly branches and vase with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and white gel pen. I provided a close-up photo to show the details. Used patterned background paper that looks like vintage lace to create a "lace tablecloth" beneath the vase and also as a base for the inside sentiment. Added a bit of bling with silver photo corners and two silver glitter enamel dots.
Entered into: 
Beccy’s Place Challenge- Month of Holiday Cards Challenge Letter H      (beccysplace.blogspot.com)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #409 Anything Goes (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
Ching-Chou Kuik's Digital Stamps Inspiration &  Challenge-Christmas/fireworks (cck-digitalstamps-challenge.blogspot.com)

For my final entry in the Simon Says Monday Challenge named Make Your Own Background I pulled out one of my favorite retired Stampin' Up wood mount sets. Cards made with this set, named "Decorative Grapes," don't require any coloring so they go together pretty quickly. I especially like stamping purple or burgundy grapes onto kraft cardstock. I created the background by stamping several of the grape clusters on an A2 card. Stamped another cluster onto a small square of white cardstock, stamping off of the edge. Adhered this to two scraps of embossed cardstock and vellum and added a lovely burgundy bow. Finished the card with a scripture verse printed on vellum.  
Entered into: 
Simon Says Monday Challenge-Make Your Own Background   (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)

Word Art Wed Challenge- #360-#361 Anything Goes                (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)


I love this time of the year because I love everything about Thanksgiving and Christmas. The food, the decorations, the reason we celebrate both holidays… and making cards to send to friends and family. I love this sweet digi from Bugaboo [named "Autumn Squirrel"] and the sentiment is a freebie from TLC (createwithtlc.blogspot.com)  
Entered into: 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Thanks/Thanksgiving     (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
Power Poppy- Give Thanks        (powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2018/11/power-spark-be-thankful.html)
A2zscrapbooking Monthly Challenge- Give Thanks                 (a2zscrapbookingblog.com)  


13 comments:

  1. When I first saw your Holly card, I thought Oh My! she fussy cut all around those leaves. Beautiful shading. It looks like a real vase of holly branches. All your other cards are stunning as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzanne. Your kind comments always bring a smile to my face. And I do like to fussy-cut... but not to the extent that I'd cut around all those leaves. Shading is definately my friend.

      Delete
  2. What a great set of cards!...love the holly!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Weekly Christmas Challenge!
    Susan
    DT for CHNC
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all this selection of cards. Was drawn first to the pussy cat and then i saw the holly card. that really is gorgeous. The lace design paper under the vase is inspirational. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a sweet little kitty Kathy, and a great play on words. I like the addition of the blue tartan border too.
    I am blown away by your second card, you did an amazing job with the colouring! Adding the white to the veins of the leaves really made such a difference to the over all look. I'm definitely going to try this technique, it looks fabulous.
    I love the way the grapes look against the kraft card stock Kathy, what a great stamp. I agree that the solid stamps are super easy to use, especially when you're in a hurry.
    Fabulous colours on your last card, autumn tones are always so warm and lovely. The little squirrel you added is so cute, I love the way he's appreciating that acorn. Cute!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cards! Thanks for playing along our November challenge at a2z.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy - thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment regarding the Napkin decoupage Tutorial - I played around until I found something that works for me - it really is easy to do in my opinion and I love the results - have fun and keep on creating - God is so good to bless us to be creative and use our talent to honor HIM - have a wonderful day--

    ReplyDelete
  7. SQUEE! You're thankful card is so cute and love the design!! Thanks for playing along with Power Poppy yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts PP Challenge. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge again! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a fabulous collection of cards! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Kathy thank you for joining us on this Month's Challenge over on
    Ching Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Inspiration Challenge Blog
    Dianne xx
    DT for CCK
    http://crazycraftshed.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards. So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking with your Thanks card. I love that little chipmunk.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!