Friday, November 10, 2023

myasperations 11-10-23

     I’m a bit behind in entering cards into the Annual Month of Holiday Cards Challenge that artist/owner, Beccy Muir at Beccy’s Place has hosted for a decade. (This is her 11th time in offering the challenge, which invites participants to create cards for ANY holiday, using images from any company. And… she offers several prizes on a daily and weekly basis. So there is no reason not to get involved.
    I was excited to serve as a Guest DT for Beccy for a short time, and then honored when she invited me to become a member of her design team (called  “Contributors.”) Because of this, I play along just for fun and also try to make sure that I include Beccy’s images or sentiments on my cards. (I really do love Beccy’s attention to detail. She even names all of her “characters!”)
    This card is just my second entry into the challenge, fits the second letter of the alphabet, “B is for… Beverage.”
Supplies: 

·  Digi from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Café Elements)

·  Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, white colored pencil, and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·  Black & White Buffalo Check & Sunflower Sleeve Silverware Holders-Hobby Lobby

·  Front Sentiment “Happy Thanksgiving from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Celebration Panels)

·  Inside Sentiment- a Freebie From Decosses Dynamite Doodles (May the Bounty…)  

·  All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Beccy’s Place Challenge- A Month of Holiday Cards- Nov 2023  
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
coffeelovingcardmakers.com- 2023 Fall/Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop  
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #715 Favourite Digi Or Stamp
Allsorts Challenge-  Week 754 AG
Paper Funday- #59 Anything Goes  (Optional Twist: Grateful, Thankful, Thank you)
   
This entry into Beccy’s Place Annual Challenge, and fits into the third letter of the alphabet, “C… is for Chalkboard.” Although The card was tedious to make, but I do like how it turned out. It features two of Beccy’ Free digis, and the chalkboard card base and matching envelope is an invitation from the clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby. (I love repurposing paper items, especially when I find them at 80% off!) The tedious part of making a “template” to help me more easily paper-piece the stocking. It took a little time to figure out, but will be easier to make more of these cards in the next month. I used a strip of antique lace from my mom’s “treasure box” and want to make more copies of this card to send to my five siblings. If I don’t get them finished in time for Christmas, they’ll surely be ready by next Christmas?!
Supplies: 
·   Digi- A freebie from Beccy’s Place (Christmas Stocking)

·   Shading and highlights added to paper piecing with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Front Sentiment- from my scrapbook stash

·   Inside Sentiment- A freebie from Beccy’s Place (Margie’s Christmas)

·   Chalkboard card base and envelope from Hobby Lobby Clearance aisle

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #621-622 Anything Goes   
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz Challenge- Nov 2023 Linky
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (Nov)      Santa’s Village in New Hampshire, USA

Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #117 (AG Positive, Twist-Texture) 

   I joined a FB group named "Printables for your Junk Journaling with TLC" a few years ago, and really enjoy the wonderful freebies and affordable digis that are available to members. This cute little pup is a freebie I downloaded a few months ago. (See details in my supply list)
I made Halloween cards this year to share with the people I work with at a treatment/recovery agency, plus with the clients to help them keep in touch with family during their 28-day stay with us. This was one of those cards, and the background helped me to use up some of the many paper scraps left from my card-making frenzy during October. So fun!
Supplies: 

·   Halloween Dog- Precolored image is free on the TLC FB page. (Join HERE, then find the cute pup on the 9-5-23 post to easily download it!)

·   A bit of shading and highlights were added to the image with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Assorted background papers and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Snippets- Week #466
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge-Fall/Halloween Greeting 
The Four Seasons Challenge- Anything Fall (Nov 

14 comments:

  1. That’s a really fun Halloween card made with your snippets. Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are wonderful kathy. thanks so much for linking up to the Fall | Winter Coffee Lovers blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Halloween card Kathy - I've asked to join the FB Group. So like Dudley - sweet, but with the potential for some mischief!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pretty card for Allsorts Kathy but afraid ineligible as it was posted before our challenge started so backlinked.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, I am sorry. Life has been hectic with family health issues the last few months, and sometimes I have posted a card to meet a deadline, then came back later to fill in the details. I didn't mean to backdate. Will be more careful in the future!

      Delete
  5. Your cards are fantastic Kathy, so much wonderful detail and beautiful colouring. I love all the texture you add too.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards, adorably cute Halloween card, you can enter it at our Two Old Bats Halloween challenge if you would like!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
    Diane FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how lovely is that Christmas sock! The lace and ribbons add the perfect textures; and how lovely you will be sharing your lace treasure with your siblings! Such a wonderful idea for the holidays! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Cafe Elements set, that hot cuppa looks so yummy! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge, we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. 🧡🧡🧡 these! The little dog is absolutely precious. Thank you for supporting Park Hopping My Happy Place. Happy Thanksgiving! Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge Blog.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!