Tuesday, October 31, 2023

myasperations 10-31-23b

    I had fun the last two weeks creating cards to enter into the Sweet November Stamps (SNS)  Halloween Celebration challenge on FB. But life got busy (again!) and I got this last one entered into the challenge with just minutes to spare! 
    It features one of my favorite images from SNS, "Boo Loves Scary Larry"! I often print ghost digis on vellum, but this time I used my trusty Paint.net ap which allowed me to layer Boo atop a beautiful (and free) fall digi. I then changed the opacity of the image to make Boo a bit more transparent. (I provided a picture of what it looks like after I printed it off. It is actually easy to do and I love the result... plus eliminates having to fussy-cut Boo!) A colored and fussy-cut Larry is cuddled safely into her arms for some trick 'n treating! I did add soft highlights with my white gel pen... and used a few smudges of pink chalk to add color to her cheeks.  The inside was also fun to decorate. It features a spook, cut from a scrap of vellum, holding a sentiment. His arms and hands fold over the sentiment when the card is closed, but you can lift them after you open the card... like magic!
    Note- The background scene is freebie I could download it as a member of a FB group named "Printables for your Junk Journaling with TLC". The group offers wonderful freebies and affordable digis. (You can check it out HERE!)

Supplies: 

·   Background- This beautiful scene was free on the TLC FB page on 10-26-23.  Follow the site to access hundreds of free digis!

·   Free Paint.net program can be found HERE (you can add watermarks, layer digis, and more!)

·   Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Boo Loves Scary Larry)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen and pink chalk

·  Front Sentiment- Happy Halloween Freebie from Skogstokiga (Blog now closed)

·  Inside Sentiment- TLC Creations Freebie (Theres Mischief Brewing)

 ·  All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  

Outlawz- Tuesday Color Challenge- Theme Halloween Oct  

    Since Halloween is over, I’m moving on to Thanksgiving/Fall and Christmas cards. This first card focuses on a favorite fall treat… anything pumpkin and spice flavored. (I especially enjoy Dairy Queen Pumpkin Blizzards. Drat… now I’m craving one!!) This card features items from my stash and my collection of free digis.
Supplies: 

·   Front Sentiment and Mug- Verve Digi Set “Coffee Please” (Company no longer in business)

·    Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen 

·    Inside Sentiment-Freebie from RG Ave (Company no longer in business)

·    All items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Cupcake Inspirations- #581-(Color Theme-Coffee, Denim Blue, Cream)   
Paper Funday- #58 Anything Goes     

    I’m so excited that it’s time to officially ring in the holidays as artist Beccy Muir (owner of Beccy’s Place) is hosting her 11th Annual Month of Holiday Cards Challenge. Every day in November Beccy provides a theme (most based on the letters of the alphabet) and invites participants to create cards for ANY holiday, using images from any company. And… she offers several prizes on a daily and weekly basis. So there is no reason not to get involved!
    I now use digis most of the time in my cards, however, that wasn’t always the case. One of the companies that I found for my first digis was Beccy’s Place. Beccy has a huge number of freebies available, and I have a large collection of them on my laptop.  Over the years, I’ve also build up a wonderful collection of Beccy’s digi sets! If you want to start or build a nice digi collection, November is a excellent time to join in the fun. Beccy provides a theme a day (most based on the letters of the alphabet) and offers prizes on a daily and weekly basis. Her generosity has always astounded me! (Just stop by the challenge and you’ll quickly see what I mean.) And she continues to astound me as I moved from a Guest DT to one of Beccy’s “Contributors.”)
    For that reason, I play along just for fun and also try to make sure that I include Beccy’s images or sentiments on my cards. (I really do love Beccy’s attention to detail. She even names all of her “characters!”)
    My first card features a freebie that Beccy added to her collection last December named “Snowman with Bauble.”  I am featuring him on my first card, “A is for ADORABLE”!  I had fun making this card, and I especially like how I was able to create the look of white fur with my trusty white gel pen. It looks so soft that I almost want to pet it!
Supplies: 
·   Digi-Beccy’s Place Freebie-colored version (Snowman with Bauble)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- Upcycled from an old Christmas Card

·   Inside Sentiment- “Jolly Days of Christmas” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Making Merry)

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Beccy’s Place: A Month of Holiday Cards- Nov 2023  (Day 1 - "A" is for Adorable)
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #714 Embellish It!
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #619-620 Anything Goes   
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #116 (Anything Goes Positive)  

9 comments:

  1. Awwww, thank you for the kind words Kathy, I really appreciate it. I always enjoy stopping by your blog to see what you've been creating. This collection is fantastic! Love the transparent ghost you added to the first card, such a clever idea. Your blue, brown and cream coloured card is wonderful... great colour combo and a delicious-looking image! The final card in your post is lovely and festive, and those big pink cheeks are a delight!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this little snowman; adorable with his festive bauble! Gorgeous red sparkle and plaid! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute cards. I love the checked background and the fun blue coffee cup. Great design. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fun post full of cards Kathy. The snowman card is adorable and your colouring is perfect. I love the corner piece of paper and the large glittery sentiment is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute creations with lovely designs. Thanks for playing along with us over at PFM this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - love the checkerboard background.

    Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, your snow man card is adorable! He looks beautiful against the plaid Christmas paper and I love the big, bold sentiment. Beccy is very generous and I keep meaning to join her November Month of Christmas Card event. Thank you for the reminder :)
    Many thanks for joining the October Path of Positivity challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card! thanks for playing at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!