Friday, October 13, 2023

myasperations 10-13-23

When I saw the challenge at We Craft Cards Forum was to create a card using the colors of black, white, and grey… with silver accents if desired. Usually I have a few ideas when I read the challenge title. But I drew a blank on this one and almost passed on it. I’ve been working on Christmas cards, so was looking through some beautiful digis from my large Beccy’s Place collection that I’d previously printed….when inspiration struck. I realized that coloring an image with such a limited palette didn’t appeal to me. But… what about if I made a grey scale copy of an image I had previously colored? I immediately searched for, and found, the photo of a card I’d made that featured a Baby Jesus digi from one of Beccy’s digi sets. I used the Word program on my laptop to turn a photo of a card I had posted HERE into a greyscale image. (I shared a clipped pic of the original card to you can see the colored version.) After printing off and fussy-cutting the greyscale image, I used patterned paper that came it two shades that were perfect for this challenge- black and grey. Cut into strips, the grey paper made wonderful rays of starshine that stretched from heaven down to the precious Baby Jesus. The card then came together quickly with a die-cut star and assorted star stickers. My final bit of sparkle was to use a Sakura Stardust clear gel pen to extend the swirls on the patterned paper onto the black night sky,  plus add additional swirls in the grey sections.  
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including the Path Of Positivity Challenge: Anything Goes Positive (the card’s positive message is the in the scripture version on the inside of the card. John 3:16 brings the promise of God's grace and love to His children!)
      
Supplies: 
·   Digi and front sentiment- from Beccy’s Place Cear Stamp Set (Lamb of God) found HERE

·   Sparkly accents added to the blanket with a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen, and to the sky with a Sakura Stardust clear gel pen

·   Star Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Inside Sentiment- source unknown (I have thousands of digital sets with sentiments and can't figure out which set I nabbed these from! If you recognize either please let me know so I can give credit. Thanks!) 

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
We Craft Cards- Create a Greyscale Card 

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Christmas!
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz Challenge- October 2023 Linky
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- Oct-Monochromatic   
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #116 (Anything Goes Positive) 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #617-618 Anything Goes   
Beccy’s Place Challenge- Oct        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Paper Funday- #58 Anything Goes

I wanted to create a card for the Time Out Challenge with it's vintage theme, so I searched through my digis and stamps for inspiration. When I came across this wonderful digi from artist Angie Blom, it reminded me of the time I saw my mom in a red dress with a collar, buttons and a tiny belt just like this. (I was in pre-school at the time, so I know that it was at least 60 years ago… which I consider vintage or maybe vintage-ish?!) At the time I thought she was the prettiest mom in the room if not in all the world! So, I colored this image in memory of her, with shiny black hair and a lovely red dress. (Mom would have also loved the sentiment… as I think I inherited both my occasionally snarky sense of humor and addiction to chocolate from her!)  
                    
                   

Supplies: 
·   Digi- Angie Blom (BirthdayGirl Sass)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Front Sentiment-From my scrapbook stash
·   Gold photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #215 Alex Syberia Designs
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #263
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #98 Ribbon
Jan’s Digi Stamps- Oct 2023 Anything Goes    


This final card features one of astist Fracensca Lopez’ amazing digis. (Sadly, due to family health issues, Francesca closed her shop, Cute As A Button, last year. I miss not just Francesca’s artwork, but especially her sweet and generous spirit. I hope to see her back in business soon.) 
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Cupcake Inspirations Colors: Burnt Orange, Green & Sky Blue (Frankies preppie jeans!) and Snippets (it was fun to dig into my scrap box and discover so many “snippets” that had a kind of Halloween-ish feeling to them. I especially like the black and white lacy pattern which adds a has a slightly spider webbish border to Frankie’s image!) 
 
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Cute As A Button (Frankie) Company no longer in business

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Sentiments- Hero Arts (no longer available)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Cupcake Inspirations- #579 Color Challenge-Burnt Orange, Green & Sky Blue     
The Four Seasons Challenge- Fall (Oct 
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge-Fall/Halloween Greeting
Snippets- Week #464
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (Oct) Valley Fair’s Tricks and Treats

27 comments:

  1. Thanks for entering a piece of Hallowe'en homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the image and the amazing colouring! Perfect for Halloween. Thank you for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations. Have a great weekend!

    Sasha DT Member/CIC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely Christmas card! So beautiful in the monochrome with the beautiful embellishments! So happy you shared with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina PS...on a personal note...I'm loving the 2nd card, too! Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful snippets card Kathy - I do agree about the spiders web effect of the black and white snippet! Great to see you in the Playground - thanks for letting me know about the incorrect entry #32 - deleted as requested. Of course, this entry then moved up into 32nd place anyhow!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card designs!! I love all of them. You rocked the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge with the coloring and the fun paper layering. Thanks for playing with us this round!!
    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frankie looks all dressed up for Halloween and bringing his pumpkin to the party!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood and The Four Seasons!
    Diane TSH DT and FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {The Sisterhood}

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun Halloween card Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons & The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  9. WELL! Aren't you the clever Gal? I love how you changed the image to b&w, and the stars and moon rays onto baby Jesus, a beautiful card Kathy. The red dress evokes a similar feeling in me about my Mum, wearing a certain dress, this card is gorgeous, love the vintage feel and the fun sentiment. Then your Halloween card, a great Frankenstein image and great papers to show him off with great colouring too. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what a wonderful, elegant image. I like this motive. Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So super that you can remember the time that these beautiful dresses were 'hot'! Feels good that a challenge can bring back such memories... I think the clothing then were made with such class and she looks so beautiful on your card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Frankie and your great card!

    Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this 50-ish styled lady and she looks like she's popped off the page with your clever highlighting around her. Thanks for sharing your sweet card with us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge. We look forward to seeing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I'm glad you didn't pass on the challenge Kathy, your monochromatic card is stunning! It was a great idea to use MSWord to change the image to grey scale, and I love your solution for the light from Heaven. Gorgeous.
    You nailed the vintage-vibe with your second card, and I love the sweet story about your Mom. Fabulous image, and I love your colouring.
    Your Halloween card is very cute, love the "Frankie" image. Great choice of papers too!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely vintage dress styling, Kathy! The big pearl earrings and the photo corners just add to the vintage charm. Thank you for sharing your charming creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Looking forward to you joining us again.
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card! Thanks for playing at Christmas Craft Creations

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful take on the rays shining on baby Jesus--love the color you've chosen! Thanks for playing with us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm popping back in to say Thanks for joining in at The Paper Funday Challenge. We appreciate your support.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet creations!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty lady you color there Kathy and I love that you did it in memory of your Mom.

    Thank you for joining the Jan’s Digital Stamps challenge.

    Monica C. DT Jan’s Digital Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow that's a great idea for your Christmas Craft Creations card. Looks fabulous too:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow.. I am in love with both your cards! The grey star rays are so creative and printing a gray scale image.. so cool. For your vintage card- your choice of image and the memory attached to it, makes it special and the fun sentiment, is amazing. Thank you for taking time out and joining us. hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a pretty card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge. Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a pretty card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. I came here from Time Out (congratulations on your mention! ;) ) and I am wowed by your amazing creations! Oh I love the story behind the red dress; thank you for sharing a piece of you~

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love both cards ... .the dress on your Time Out card is fantastic (love the vision of your Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Funday. I really like the way you have cut the backing paper to give rays of light.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!