Saturday, September 30, 2023

myasperations 9-30-23

It was so easy to make a gate-fold card with this sweet digi from All Dressed Up named ”Pretty Bonnet” look so... well... pretty! (I have a friend who loves daisies, so I replaced the Easter eggs in her basket with daisies, trimmed from the bottom of the image. I know my friend will love this card!)
Supplies: 
·   Digi- All Dressed Up Digital Stamp (Pretty Bonnet)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Inside Sentiment- “Spread Your Wings…” from Imagine That Digi Set (Airplanes) Company no longer in business

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
All Dressed Up FB Challenge- Sept-Make it Feminine     
All Dressed Up- Anything Goes (Sept-#144)
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #262
Paper Funday- #57 Anything Goes      
     Since I’m a DT for Sheepski (one of the sponsors), please don’t include me in the draw for their prize! 

If you’ve followed my blog for very long, you’ll know that it is pretty typical for me to upcycle items or scout out “good deals” at thrift stores, consignment shops, and after-season sales. It is always fun to come up with ideas to re-imagine the card with sentiments and other embellishments.  And the cards usually go together quickly, which is NOT typical for me!
Supplies: 

·   Nativity Image- Torn card front a boxed set at 90% off after Christmas sale.

·   Sentiments- from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Nativity)

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
The Paper Shelter- #569 CAS
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- Sept-Metallics   
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz ChallengeSeptember 2023 Linky
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #615-616 Anything Goes   
Beccy’s Place Challenge- Oct
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
 
This is my final entrant for the Butterfly Challenge.  The pretty foil butterfly paper used for the card base is actually from the wonderful packet of prizes that I won at a Butterfly Challenge in the past. (Mrs. A gives the best prizes!)  The front sentiment is a favorite digi from Eureka Stamps, where I was a DT until they recently closed their shop (hopefully just temporarily!)  The inside sentiment is from Decosses Dynamite Doodles (DDD), one of my favorite sources for free sentiments! 
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Path Of Positivity's TicTacToe: my card
covers the First Column; Feminine, Add Trimhandmade photo corners and purple frame, 
and lettering, especially the inside sentiment, has a bit of a Vintage look.
             
Supplies: 
·   Front Sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (Currently not available)

·   Butterfly Stamp from Posh Impressions (have had it since the 90’s!)

·   Foil patterned Butterfly paper- From a past Butterfly Challenge Prize Packet. 

·   Inside Sentiment- “Birthday Blessings” Freebie from DDD you can find HERE

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #115 (TicTacToe)
Time Out Challenge- #248  Cancer Awareness/Friendship/Encouragement   

13 comments:


  1. What a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three fabulous cards, your colouring in the first one looks awesome, you are so talented!
    The Christmas card is delightful, love the vintage feel I'm so glad to know that you love recycling as I do! :) Thanks for the inspiration, I have a big box full of commercial cards to recycle! ;) The sentiment in the last card is so beautiful and true, and you shown it so well with your butterfly design!
    Thanks for your appreciation and very kind comment on my blog, you are so sweet!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card with those beautiful butterflies and thoughtful sentiment! Wonderful way to use our Tic Tac Toe board! Thanks for playing along with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina PS I agree, Lisa definitely has some gorgeous sentiments!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are so pretty, the little girl with her basket of daisies is precious! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your upcycling Kathy, and this card is just so beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Shelter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards Kathy! Your colouring skills are awesome - I hope you will come back and share your beautiful cards with us again at Time Out soon!! Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Kathy, well done! I love the way you've personalised the first image with little daisies instead of Easter eggs, that's a wonderful idea.
    Your Christmas card is so beautiful, with a really gorgeous image. I love the torn edges too, they add some wonderful texture.
    The butterfly card you created is also fabulous... who doesn't love a pretty, colourful butterfly? Very pretty.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had forgotten how pretty that butterfly card stock is. Looks fab on your card. Thankyou for coming and playing once again in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and super cute image
    Thank you for joining with us at The Paper Shelter Challenge
    Good luck with your entry
    Maritza DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your 3 cards! They showcase how versatile you are. The encouragement card is so beautiful with the butterflies and the lovely sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Time Out challenges, with your lovely card. Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your metallic entry for our challenge at Christmas Craft Creations is beautiful. Thanks for joining us and check back soon for our next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning cards Kathy, I love the verses and the Virgin Mary card. I can't believe I have missed so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!