Sunday, September 17, 2023

myasperations 9-17-23

Last night I tripped over a table leg and fell, face-first, onto a tile floor. I am sore and bruised today but thankfully suffered no broken bones or teeth! Right now I'm focusing on resting with a few icepacks but hope to get my post up soon. Until then, I’ll post photos and share the kind words Beccy posted to her blog (she is not just an artist, but also a talented wordsmith!)
Googly eyes, fussy cutting, and some foam tape have given Kathy's card lots of fabulous dimension and movement. She used one of the images from the Costume Parade set of digital stamps, combined with kraft cardstock and a weathered wood pattern to create this fabulous Halloween card.”

Okay, It's Tuesday and I'm doing fine! Bruised a bit, but am so thankful that is the extent of my "injuries"! Was going to redo the text for this post, but I really like Beccy's description, so will just add one additional bit of info. 
I did fussy-cut the two cuties, then cut ovals from scraps of kraft brown paper on which to  create their faces. I first drew a smile on the little girl, and adhered her goggly eyes, before attaching her little pumpkin head atop her face with foam tape. For the little spook, I used small punches to create holes for his eyes and mouth, distressing the edges with my scissors blade to make them look "torn." (I would have just torn the holes... but they were too small for that!) I used my trusty white gel pen to add the illusion of front teeth, adhered tiny little googly eyes, then attached the ghost head to the face with foam tape. A little tedious, but I like the way they turned out. (And if you follow my blog, you know that I kinda like tedious!) 
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi and Sentiments- Beccy’s Place Digital Stamp (Costume Parade)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Rustic Wood Patterned Paper- Hobby Lobby

·   Satin ribbon, googly eyes and all other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
The Paper Shelter- #567 Autumn Colours
Inspiration Station- Challenge #53 Sept (my card features three pumpkins, one large and two small!) 
The Four Seasons Challenge- Fall (Sept 
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge- Sept-Outrageous Orange    
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (Sept)    Hersheypark Halloween 

I made a few cards for the current Butterfly Challenge, using rubber stamps and other items from my stash. Here is the first one.  (See details in my supply list!)
Supplies: 

·   Rose Bud Rubber Stamp- Denami Stamps (retired)

·   Colored with Aquarelle Watercolor pencils  and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Inside Sentiment- “Thinking of You Days” Rubber Stamp from Printworks (no longer in business)

·   Butterflies fussy cut from Patterned paper from my stash

·   Gold pigment ink, gold embossing powder, paper doily, sheer ribbon, and all other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #613-614 Anything Goes   
Gem of a Challenge- Gem of a Challenge- Week #19 AG             

TRIPLE B Challenge (Birds, Butterflies or Blooms)- Sept 

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards, a beautiful and fun variety, geez, sure hope you are up and around soon from your mishap!!!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons, Triple B and Colorful Options!
    Diane FS and TB Co-Owner and CO DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! Your spooky card is just fabulous and fun. The butterfly with its lovely fold and gorgeous details just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun and beautiful creations, both so different and fabulously designed and the googly eyes are a really fun addition! Thank so much for sharing at Four Season challenge!
    And sorry to hear about your fall, glad you are doing better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Fabulous cards Kathy! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness you didn't break anything! I fell a couple years ago in my garden and broke my knee cap, my knee hasn't been the same since. Your card is so fun and the googly eyes are the perfect addition. Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your lovely projects soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy, glad to hear you are on the mend, love the gold embossed card with all the flowers and the cute butterflies, thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet!!! Thankfully you are recuperating! Your creation is so cute!! Thanks so much for participating in our COLORFUL OPTIONS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't expecting the card to open up like that. A nice surprise. Love the colours and all those gorgeous butterflies. do hope you are feeling better after your tumble. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!