Friday, September 8, 2023

myasperations 9-8-23

     I'm excited to be a guest DT at Gerda Steiner Designs this month. This is the first of two cards made with one of Gerda's sweet 3x4 stamp sets named Furry and Bright.  
     To help the colored lights stand out, I stamped the image on monochromatic patterned paper, colored the bulbs with Spectrum Noir markers, and added the soft glowing effect by using cotton-tipped swabs (Q-tips) to add smudges of soft pastel chalks. Simple black photo corners help "frame" the card front! All three sentiments on the card (the "punny" one on the front, and both on the inside) are from the stamp set. 
    I also like to decorate the inside of my cards to reflect the front, so was excited to find a free digital strand of Christmas lights at scrapbookandcards.com to serve as a backdrop for the festive sentiments.  (It is a cut file, that I eaasily printed off as a digital. And it's a FREEbie!)
    I'm entering this card into several challenges including Christmas Craft Creations challenge :CAS (I don't make many CAS cards since I tend toward lots of coloring, layers, fancy folds, embellies, etc. It usually takes me longer to create a CAS card than my normal style, because it seems to take more planning time for me to prevent overdoing things. I know... weird, right? But if you spend time on my blog you'll see that this card is pretty much as CAS as I get. (And I really had fun making it!) 

Supplies:
·   Image and sentiments are all from Gerda Steiner Designs stamp set Furry and Bright 
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen, and
    Decorating Chalk set from CRAF-T Products (Pebbles, Inc./American Crafts also makes a nice set.) 
·   Pioneer Black Photo corners 
·  Light strand backdrop from scrapbookandcards.com is a digital image/cut file that  you    
    can find HERE.) 
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas, Animals)
Outlawz Challenge- September 2023 Linky
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #261
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- August-CAS   

Our friends at Scribbles Designs are celebrating their 10th Anniversary and invited us to enter cards using our favorite Scribbles images. I have several... so watch for more in the coming days! This first one, named Woodland Santa, features a jolly old elf that I think could settle right into the Northwoods of Wisconsin. I used a sketch from one of my favorite challenges Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers  (BYSHC on FB) to develop the format for my card.
     I’m entering it into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (This is another of my favorite challenges… as it has introduced me to many new amusement parks. This card was inspired by Santa’s Village which is now on my bucket list!)
                                            
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Scribbles Designs Digital Stamp (Woodland Santa)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- 2 Cute Ink Digi Set (Country Christmas)

·   Inside Sentiment – “Celebrate the Season” (source unknown, please notify me if you recognize it!)  

·   Christmas Themed Photo corners- upcycled from an old card

·   Silver puffy star stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  

Scribbles Designs Challenge- #123 Your Favourites
{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge FB- #37 Sept 2023            
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #115 (Anything Goes Positive)  
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge-Anything Goes   
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #706 Christmas in September
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #611-612 Anything Goes   
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (Sept)    Santa’s Village

My final card this posting was created for the current challenge at All Dressed Up named “Make it Feminine.” I had fun adding some texture to my card through upcycling. A beachy photo from an old calendar creates the background, a scrap of grosgrain ribbon upcycled from an old gift bag and a scrap of twine helped create a “fabric beach bag”, and a strip cut from an old craft magazine, rolled into a “magazine” is tucked inside with the digis other beach items!  
Supplies: 

·   Digi- All Dressed Up Digital Stamp (Pool Ready)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Beach scene- upcycled from and old calendar

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Flip-flop with inside sentiment from a template provided at a cardmaking event years ago. (There are lots of options on Pinterest.)

·   Scrap of dotted swiss ribbon and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
All Dressed Up- #142 Anything Goes (August)
All Dressed Up FB Challenge- Sept-Make it Feminine                 
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #35 AG                                          
Let’s Craft and Create Challenge- #199 August AG 
Paper Funday- #57 Anything Goes      
                

17 comments:

  1. Oh Faith. There is no need to apologize. During the 1970's there were 14 girls in my high school class (of 25), and 4 of us were named either Kathy or Cathy. So, I don't usually even notice spelling mistakes. In truth, with five brothers and sisters, during my childhood I frequently answered to "and you... yes YOU!"" as mom went through her litany of names when calling (i.e.yelling) at us for any number of reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab Christmas card and thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely traditional colours and image on this pretty, festive make, Kathy...
    Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that Christmas card; one of my fav Scribbles images, too! Thanks for playing along at our 10th Birthday Celebration at Scribbles Designs! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back on behalf of Path of Positivity; this is such a fun card full of Christmas Spirit! This will definitely bring holiday cheer! Thanks for sharing with us! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Slimline Birthday card is the perfect format for the lovely image and I love her beach bag! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Kathy. Your Santa image is adorable and your colouring is perfect. Gorgeous papers and layout too. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, your card is adorable, such a cute image!!! Thanks for joining our Festive Friday chalenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card - I adore that sentiment too - great colouring - thanks for playing along with us at CCC

    ReplyDelete
  10. ❤️🎅❤️ Such a cute & warming card! Love the country Christmas look! Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place.🎨🎢Cheers, Makira
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/

    PS. Feel free to add your beachy girl to our challenge; she is a great representative of Typhoon Lagoon water park. 😁🤽‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the All Dressed Up image and especially what you did with the handbag! Super Cute. Thanks for sharing with us on the All Dressed Up Challenge Blog! Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathy such an adorable card-one of my fav images! Also love the scene you created! Thanks for playing with us at All Dressed Up and come back again soon!
    Carolyn, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for entering our challenge with this cute card. Thank you for joining our challenge at
    Let's Craft and Create this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Outlawz Monday Greetings and Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!