Friday, September 29, 2023

myasperations 9-29-23

I had fun creating this colorful and playful Christmas card using images and sentiments from Beccy’s Place, plus lots of fun embellies from my stash.
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Cozy Christmas)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Front Sentiment from Beccy’s Place Clear Stamp Set (Sugar and Spice) found HERE

·   Inside  Sentiment- “Make It Merry” from Beccy’s Place Digital set (Here Comes Christmas)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Cupcake Inspirations- #578 Theme Challenge-Plaid     
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas, Animals)
Outlawz Challenge- September 2023 Linky
Rudolph Days Challenge- September
Jan’s Digi Stamps- Sept 2023 Anything Goes    
Beccy’s Place Challenge- Sept
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun! 

I love the Snippets Challenge because it encourages me to use all the scraps that I hoard… I mean save for later use!  I found a treasure trove of not just Christmas plaids, but other plaids, and misc. strips just begging to be put to use. This card is the result. After adhering all the strips to a A2 sized base, I added texture by running the “quilt” through my Big Shot in simple patterned embossing folder. When finished, I added the ribbon, and sentiment, and have a card ready to send to a dear friend who is a seamstress!
Supplies: 

·   Sentiment- Computer Generated onto vellum

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Snippets- Week #463
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #615-616 Anything Goes   
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #98 Ribbon
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #115 (TicTacToe-center row) 
Time Out Challenge- #248  Cancer Awareness/Friendship/Encouragement  
 
I enjoy layering digis over backgrounds using a free Word program named Paint.net (find link in my supplies list.) You can find tutorials on the web to use either jpg or png digis and pictures to layer scenes. You can even control the amount of transparency of the backgrounds, hence you can see through BOO! I posted a picture of the layered scene that I was able to just copy, size, and print off. (Note-I provided a photo of the layering before I added coloring so you can see the transparency of the ghost. I also added a WM to this picture to respect the company's copyrights.  The original is saved to my laptop -with no WM- so that I can easily make similar cards in the future!)
 
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Ghost Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Boo Loves Scary Larry)

·   Fence Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Scene Builder-Pumpkin Patch)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen and

       white colored pencil

·   One Sentiment (divided in two) from Scribbles Designs (Cute Frightening)

·    Witches Broom Nebula night sky- from my BING Screensaver Collection

·    Free Paint.net program can be found HERE (you can add watermarks, layer digis, and 

       more!)

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (Sept)    Valley Fair’s Tricks and Treats
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #262

13 comments:

  1. Great use of your snippets on your friend's card.
    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your reindeer to the snippet card, through to your cute ghost, all are fabulous Kathy. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omgosh that Moose is so awesome and the plaid works wonderful, great card! Thank you for playing our Plaid Challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.
    Have a great day!
    Leanne DT Member/CIC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards Kathy, you always do a great job!
    I love the additions you added to the Christmas card, the sparkly gems are fabulous and really make your creation extra festive.
    I'm sure your seamstress friend is going to love the "snippets" card you created for her, it looks like a beautiful quilt. Great idea to emboss over the top.
    Thanks for sharing the info about Paint.net, looks like a cool way to add backgrounds. I particularly like the transparency tool.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy,
    Happy Rudolf Day.
    This is such a wonderful card and your image is brilliant and so fun like.
    Fabulous colouring also and I love the tartan paper.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Moose-wonderfully FUN card, Kathy! Thank you for sharing your array of styles with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful idea using your scraps and embossing! Beautiful card perfect for the seamstress and wonderful use of our Tic Tac Toe Board! Thanks for playing along at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards Kathy! That moose with his silly grin is just perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another adorable card. That moose makes me smile!!! Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another hilarious Christmas card. You sure have the knack to find the best humorous stamps!
    Great card.
    Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards!! thank you for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card of support. You achieved such wonderful movement and texture with those strips and it reminds me of a a beautiful cancer quilt. So glad you shared this with us at Time Out Challenges this week.
    Jaydee (GD)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your snippets made into a support quilt, Kathy. Thanks for sharing it with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!