Friday, November 10, 2023

myasperations 11-10-23a

    This is my second hot beverage card to enter into two of my favorite annual challenges- Beccy’s Place “A Month of Holiday Cards” and coffeelovingcardmakers.com’s Fall/Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.” Beccy’s wonderful attention to detail when drawing this tall and elegant glass mug of apple cider looks so realistic. Can’t you almost smell its yummy spicy aroma? Ahhh… heaven!
  
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Pumpkin and Spice)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, white colored pencil and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment “Happy Thanksgiving from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Celebration Panels)

·   Inside Sentiment- a Freebie From Decosses Dynamite Doodles (May the Bounty…)  

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Beccy’s Place Challenge- A Month of Holiday Cards- Nov 2023  
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
coffeelovingcardmakers.com- 2023 Fall/Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop
Paper Funday- #59 Anything Goes    (Optional Twist: Grateful, Thankful, Thank you)
The Four Seasons Challenge- Anything Fall (Nov 
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge-Fall/Halloween Greeting  
Outlawz Challenge- Nov 2023 Linky

     The sponsor for the November Outlawz Progressive Challenge is Sandra, and I got creative with her wonderful background digi, using it to create a quilt for a baby card!  I copied and pasted the digi into a Word document. Then I reduced, resized and recolored it before arranging the squares into a quilt pattern. I like the result… except for one unexpected oops. I wanted to add some depth to the card, so used a light grey marker to add impressions under the cute baby's body and sketching a few ‘folds” in the quilt. I didn’t anticipate that the black ink would smear. So… I tried to fix it with a white colored pencil. Meh… didn’t work very well. But I think I’m just being a little overly picky. (I often get that way with my creations!) If you look closely, you can also see the stitches I added to the quilt with a white gel pen. 
     I’m entering this card into several other challenges, including The Paper Shelter’s “Warm and Fussy” (babies with binkies always give a warm and fuzzy feeling inside!)
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Sandra’s Starry Background (Freebie for Outlaws Nov 2023 Progressive Challenge)

·   Baby with Binkie Digi- Freebie from Skogstokiga (Blog now closed)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- Freebie from Papercrafts Magazine (no longer available)

·   Inside Sentiment - We Are 3 Sentiment set (Baby Wishes)

·   Sparkly Star Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
The Paper Shelter- #575 Warm and Fuzzy
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #621-622 Anything Goes  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Anything goes)
Outlawz Challenge- Progressive Challenge (Nov) Starry Background by Sandra

    My final card is a simple one that I made for a few challenges, Crafty Cats “Make it Sparkle” and Park Hopping “My Happy Place.” (This second challenge has become a favorite of mine as it has introduced me to many new amusement parks. The inspiration for this card is the original Disneyland in California… which opened when I was in elementary school. I’ve loved Tink ever since I was Disney's first Peter Pan movie!)
    This card was inspired by an amusement park- challenge [shades of yellow], plus I found a template for the sweet Tinkerbell silhouette on a blog that was sharing creative pumpkin carving. Yep, you read that correctly. This Tink was created to be carved into a pumpkin. (I added a pic of the beautiful pumpkin, which you can find, along with the Tink Template HERE.) I resized the template a bit and traced it onto a scrap of black paper, actually is a scrap from a black envelope that had a white interior which made it very easy to see my pencil tracings. I created a swath of sparkles by sketching  a spray of assorted-sized dots of white gel pen that I then topped with sparkly Stickles. So fun! 

Supplies: 
·   Tink Silhouette- Template available HERE

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Pioneer Silver Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Sheer black dotted Swiss ribbon- JoAnne’s

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #658 (Optional twist- Make it Sparkle 
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (Nov)   
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #44 AG                                          

Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #117 (Anything Goes Positive/Twist-Texture 

14 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty Kathy! Lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so creative Kathy!!!! Love what you did with the background!! Thanks for joining The Outlawz Progressive challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Kathy, you've coloured the apple cider perfectly! The little baby on your second card is super cute, and I love that you've also decorated the inside. Your Tinkerbell card is very sweet, the encouraging sentiment is wonderful.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Tinkerbell silhouette looks as beautiful on your lovely sparkly card as it does carved into the pumpkin, fabulous projects! Thank you for joining in at Crafty Catz this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy card for the holidays!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
    Diane FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magical card with Tinker Bell sharing her fairy fun! Such a wonderful and festive background! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. That drink looks delish! Gorgeous coloring...thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Crafters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Fresh Apple Cider and it's definitely one of those Holiday Drinks! Your cards are lovely and well designed. Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station and Paper Funday Challenges, we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, What beautiful cards you have created. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Inspiration Station Challenge Blog. Smiles, Kathy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Owner
    Sisterhood of Crafters
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  11. 💙💙💙 Your card could not remind me more of the Magic Kingdom and the night time fireworks with Tinker Bell. Thank you for supporting Park Hopping My Happy Place. Happy Thanksgiving! Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge Blog.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!