Friday, November 24, 2023

myasperations 11-24 -23

     I had fun creating this fun card using a kitten and coffee/tea digi, and a computer-generated sentiment that makes me smile. (I’m thankful to have grown up in a critter lovin’ home. So… I remember that cats are seldom “silent” especially at night. That fact, plus the playful look on the little kittens' face, is why I added a question mark after the first part of the sentiment. I'm pretty sure the feline is getting ready to pounce on something! 
     I’m entering it into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (This is one of my favorite challenges… as it has introduced me to many new amusement parks. This card was inspired by a favorite movie “The Secret Life of Pets”, which is also featured in one of my favorite parks, Universal Studios), Double D’s-Stripes and/or Dots (background created with bold stripes of color, and two of the cups feature dots), Colorful Options – Red (the background of my card features lots of stripes with assorted shades of red, which helps the central image in more muted tone, just pop off of the page), Path Of Positivity Challenge-Texture (the striped background paper has several textures including glossy stripes, and rough glittery stripes. The stickers also have rough and smooth sections of glitter and gloss.) 
             
                                
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Dis Digis (Kitty In A Tea Cup)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Sentiments- Computer Generated
·   Sparkly Christmas Greenery Stickers-Hobby Lobby
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Di’s Digi Stamps- FANCY FOLDS and/or ABaC (Anything But a Card) Challenge
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (Nov)    Universal Studios- The Secret Life of Pets
Double D’s Challenge- Stripes and/or Spots  
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge- Nov-Red  
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #117 (opt. Twist-Texture) 
Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge- Furry Thing Goes (#94 November)  
      
     Over the years, I’ve collected a large collection of cute digis from Little Scraps of Heaven, owned by artist/scrapbooker, Tricia Moore.  I love this sweet little Panda bear. Sadly, he appears to be retired, but I checked the website and Tricia offers over 100 cute bear digis, and they are all on sale for just $1.50. So… you are sure to find one or… maybe five… that you won’t be able to live without)! You can find them HERE.
   I wanted to enter the card into the Snippet Challenge, one of my favs that helps me to use some of my many scraps that seem to pile up on their own power! So… this card features assorted paper scraps in various shapes in sizes. Their colors (B&W plus pink & red) help to draw attention to the panda. He is a cutie!
   I’m also entering this card into Creative Fingers (the talented and generous challenge host, Hilde, provides wonderful “blog candy” to celebrate milestones of visitors with her blog. I was excited to win one of her prizes a few years ago and it was so fun to unpack and start using all my new treasures. Visit the link HERE by Dec 1st to view and sign up for some great  blog candy, and Crafty Catz Challenge (This card features a dramatic yet elegant color combo that I like, black/red/pink.)   
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Little Scraps of Heaven (Panda Takeout) Retired  

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Snippets- Week #467
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #266   
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #659 (Optional twist- 3 Favorite Colors)  
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #100 Happy Birthday
Patties Challenge- Anything Goes (Nov #211)

    I had such good intentions at the beginning of the month, to regularly enter cards into the Annual Month of Holiday Cards Challenge that artist/owner, Beccy Muir at Beccy’s Place has hosted every November for a decade. (This is her 11th time in offering the challenge, which invites participants to create cards for ANY holiday, using images from any company. And… she offers several prizes on a daily and weekly basis. It is totally worth the time and effort to get involved!)
     I had even taken some time off to have some extra time to “play” this month, but sadly, my work schedule imploded! Although I’ve been  “semi-retired” for a little over a month after stepping down from my manager job, that makes no difference when several of our staff members are home. The second week of November I worked five 10-hour days to prepare, travel, and teach 24 drug prevention education classes to a total of 450 students! They were attentive and all-around great, and the overtime pay will be great, but I ended up sleeping/resting/falling asleep in my recliner any spare time the following week. I’m on my last of five days off over Thanksgiving and have had time to do some stamping. So, watch for some blog activity over the next few days!
      I used a 12x12 sheet of "denim" paper, a YouTube video,  and one of my favorite coffee sets from Beccy's Place to create a Thanksgiving card for one of my coffee-loving friends!
Supplies: 

·   Digi from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Café Elements)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, white colored pencil and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Fun Fold #4  from a Klompen Stampers Fun Fold card-making class (Link to it HERE)

·   Front Sentiment - Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cheer)

·   Inside Sentiment-“So Hopeful…” from Jan’s Digi Sets (Basket of Hope)

·   Inside Sentiment “Happy Thanksgiving” from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Celebration Panels)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Beccy’s Place: A Month of Holiday Cards- Nov 2023 "D is for a Delicious Treat"
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun! 
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #623-6245 Anything Goes  
Jan’s Digi Stamps- Nov 2023 Anything Goes    
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz Challenge- Nov 2023 Linky
Paper Funday- #59 Anything Goes (Twist: Grateful, Thankful, Thank you)

12 comments:

  1. Cute Panda card with fun sentiments.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later for a mug of hot chocolate! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards Kathy, and awesome colouring! You always do such a great job decorating the inside as well as the outside. I'm sure the people who receive your cards can feel the love you put into them. Beautiful.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards Kathy, I love the hot cocoa image and your fancy fold design. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge, we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon!
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorably cute cute kitty!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D and Colorful Options!
    Diane DD Co-Owner and CO DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hot Cocoa and Fancy Fold are both awesome! Thanks for sharing with us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge. FYI - the current challenge ends 31st Dec and you can enter up to 10 times!
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three gorgeous card designs. Glad you joined us at Jan's Digi Stamp challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. so lovely!
    Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
     Hope to see you again! Good luck!
     Fiki  
    my blog: Bad Kitty's Craft Room  

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards kathie and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous array of styles and talents exhibited in your collection of cards, Kathy. Thank you for sharing and supporting Jan's Digi Blog Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kitten in the teacups card is so cute, Kathy. I love the question mark on the sentiment as I had a very vocal kitty cat :) Thank you so much for joining the Path of Positivity November challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet creations!!! Thanks so much for participating in our COLORFUL OPTIONS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!