Tuesday, November 28, 2023

myasperations 11-28-23

    I was looking for a good way to showcase a sweet digi from Sweet November Stamps when I found a packet of Pop-Up Christmas Tree cards I found at a thrift store several years ago. This is the first one of them I’ve used, and I’m already thinking of other digis or stamps that will work well with them.) A playful Santa peeks in on the little girl who excitedly awaits his arrival. And he better get there soon as she’s enjoying the cookies that she made just for him! The front sentiment adheres to a belly band that I made to hold the thick card together.
    I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge (my card includes at least three of the colors in the Inspiration photo- green tree boughs, yellow ornaments, and pink dots in her jammies. I also added sentiments on both the front and inside.)
                       
Supplies: 
·   Front Digi- Dustin Pike Freebie (Santa)

·   Inside Digis-(Little girl, plate of cookies and Santa sign) Sweet November Stamps (Cookie)

·   Front Sentiment “Wishing you a Merry…” We Are 3 Digital Sentiments Set (Christmas)

·   Inside  Sentiment-“Believe in the Magic…” from Imagine That! (company no longer in business)

·   Christmas Tree Pop-Up card- packet found at local thrift store

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge- Nov-Red    
Outlawz- Tuesday Color Challenge- Inspiration photo NOV (Twist: Add sentiment)
Outlawz ChallengeFestive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz ChallengeNov 2023 Linky
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (Nov)      Santa’s Village in New Hampshire, USA
Rudolph Days ChallengeNovember

    This box of thrift store cards was in the same bin that held the card used above… and it was fun to add some sparkle to the Christmas Bauble (I like that word so much more than “ornament”) and the beautiful Christmas Fairy that adorns it! I used a circular gift tag-with both shine and bling- to replace the cut-out on the front of the card, then added assorted snowflake stickers to the card front and inside. The red sentiment on the inside is from my scrapbook stash.
    I’m entering this card into several challenges including the Butterfly Challenge (which this time of the year changes to “Fairy Time.” The challenge sponsors creativity never ceases to amaze me. Thanks, Mrs. A!)  
 
Supplies: 

·   Digi- All Dressed Up (Christmas Baubles)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Inside Sentiment- Sticker from my Scrapbook stash

·   Card base and matching envelope from a box found at a local thrift store

·   Stickles-Diamonds

·   Snowflake stickers, an acetate scrap, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Make it Sparkle
All Dressed Up- Anything Goes (Nov-#146)
All Dressed Up FB Challenge- Nov: Gems, Sparkle, Shine          
   
    This last card I made for my younger sister, Judi. I’ve always loved her sassy personality… and I know that the sentiment on this card will make her laugh out loud. Possibly because we’ve laughed about this possibility in the past… and by now have both probably taken that face-plant ourselves. Honestly, granny panties should come with a warning label, right?! (Actually, my other sister, Carol, was also in on that discussion, so I’m going to make one more of these cards and give her a chuckle, too.)
    I’m entering this card into several challenges including The Paper Shelters’ Family theme (I may have even resembled the sweet young lady on this card in my younger age… before the granny panty decade hit… about a decade and a half ago!!), Double D’s Stripes and/or Spots (my card features both!) 

Supplies: 

·   Digi- Angie Blom Digital Designs (Birthday Girl Sass)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment-a Freebie from gingershouse.blogspot.com (You talk a lot of smack)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
The Paper Shelter- #577 All About Family
Double D’s Challenge- Stripes and/or Spots  
Allsorts Challenge- Week 756 AG  
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #47 AG                                           

13 comments:

  1. All your cards are so lovely. The one for Allsorts is a great image and with your own personal sentiment it's sure to be received well. Thanks for joining in with our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    What very wonderful cards and the designs are very wonderful.
    Love the wonderful scene on the first one.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful assortment of cards and a great way to use the thrifted pop up cards. Which reminds me I purchased a stack of wonderful Christmas cards at a thrift store some years ago in hopes to up-cycle them too! May have to look through the box!! Thank you for the reminder!
    And thank you so much for sharing this week at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find the box. Forgotten treasures are so fun!

      Delete
  6. Fabulous cards Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these cards are a great way to make use of oloder supplies. I love the whimsical addition of the Santa on the first card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great group of cards, Kathy! I laughed so hard when I read the last card! My sister is quite there with me but I know she would also appreciate the snark. Thanks for the chuckle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards. Thank you sharing it with us on the Polkadoodles challenge this week. Good luck with your entry.

    Crafty Hugs, Renske Polkadoodles DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a darling fairy and you have coloured her to perfection. Thankyou for coming and playing with me in my fairy challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!