Thursday, November 30, 2023

myasperations 11-30-23

    I used the Sketch from the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge on FB (which I also used on the 2nd card on this post because I love how easily it goes together!) I love fall leaves. So they take center stage on my card.
    I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Sunday Challenge based on the poem “ The Calendar” by Barbara-Euphan-Todd (its theme is autumn with its “Crimson leaves.”) 

Supplies: 
·   Inside Sentiment- “May your blessings be plentiful” from Power Poppy Digital Set (Autumns Opulence
Entered into:  
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- The Calendar by Barbara-Euphan-Todd  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #623-6245 Anything Goes  
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- Fall Colors
Paper Funday- #59 Anything Goes      

     This card was created for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge on FB (which has helped me to really enjoy using sketches when creating cards, and also using up some of my bazillion… I mean my “many”…  paper scraps!) I also had fun using a brand new Santa Bird digi, plus a handful off die cut and sticker snowflakes. The color scheme was inspired by the current Cupcake Challenge, requiring the use of three colors- navy blue, white and metallic gold. I didn’t realize that color combo could be so neat! 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Santa Bird)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Happy New Year patterned paper- freebie

·   Front Sentiment “Let it snow…” from Lili of the Valley Digi Set (Christmas Wishes)

·    Inside Sentiment- “Merry” from Stampendous Christmas Bright die set

·   Gold photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   Stickles- Diamonds

·   Snowflake stickers, patterned paper, and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge FB- #39 Nov 2023 
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Cupcake Inspirations- #583  
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #718 Baby It’s Cold Outside
The Paper Shelter- #578 Colours of Winter

Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #117 (Anything Goes Positive with Texture) 

    I love this time of the year, not just because I get a lot of ‘holidays’ from work, but especially because we have a trio of holidays within about 6 weeks. And they include scripture fulfilled, gifts and lots of yummy foods. My final card this posting, finishes out my trio with a New Years Card. I made it for my sweet hubby since we were married during this trio of holidays 46 years ago next month. I can’t remember life without him… and love how he makes me laugh out loud.  (On our 35th Anniversary I teased him that we’d shared 25 years of “wedded bliss”, 7 years of “pretty good”, and 3 years of “what were we thinking?!” His quick and snarky response was, “Hon, I think you got those last two mixed up!” Ha! See what I mean?)  
     I used a paint program (which is FREE, see link in my supplies list) to layer the png version of the image atop a freebie jpg background image, changing the transparency of the digi so that the Happy New Year text shows through the bottle. Since I didn’t want the champagne bucket and strawberries to be transparent, I printed off a copy of the digi, colored and fussy-cut these items, and then adhered them atop the sentiment layer. 
  
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Champagne)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Free Paint.net program can be found HERE (you can add watermarks, layer digis, and more!)

·   Background- Eyelet Outlet Freebie (Happy New Year’sClick on the link next to the image

·   Front Sentiment “Celebrate” tag from JoAnnes Crafts

·   Inside Sentiment- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into: 
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!
Beccy’s Place Challenge- Dec 2023  
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)

13 comments:

  1. Three fantastic cards Kathy, well done! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding anniversary, 46 years is a wonderful milestone. The card you made for hubby is awesome, I love how you've added the woodgrain to the ice bucket. But it's the champagne bottle that is really amazing... I love that you can see through the liquid. Fabulous!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a warm and beautiful festive NewYears-card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that little Santa bird is so charming...just too cute! Great color combo showing him off and the banner sentiment is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful cards, thanks for sharing it with us at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge Blog.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing your Autumn themed card with us at The Paper Funday and Inspiration Station Challenges. I like the sketch and the pretty Autumn papers.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done, I like the bird/santa very cool. Thank you for playing our Color Combo at Cupcake Inspirations, very nicely done. Have a great day!

    Leanne DT Member/CIC
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Santa Bird card is adorable! I love the background and the colour scheme too - such an interesting card sketch. Plenty of yummy textures here too which is perfect for our challenge. Thank you so much for joining the Path of Positivity November challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely Christmas card and thanks for sharing at Passion For Markers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely creations with lovely color combos. Thanks for playing with us over at PFM.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet your Hubby will love his beautiful card! Thanks for sharing your card at Time Out Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely fall color full of beautiful color! Thanks for sharing at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely cards!! I Love all of them!!! Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely work. Thank you for joining The Paper Shelter challenge and Outlawz Sunday songs & Rhymes. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!