Monday, January 30, 2023

myasperations 1-30-22

I love penguins and I love Scribbles Designs images, so the Scribbles Freebie that is available for the current challenge makes me smile. It featured TWO Penguins. Paired with Freebie Subway Art Background and inside sentiment from TLC Creations, I think the card turned out really “COOL” looking. Heh heh!  Note- the light stripes on the lettering happened because my printer was in a weird mood! I was going to throw it out, but kind of like how it makes te words look a bit hazy. (And, because I'm frugal!) 
 
Supplies: 
·   Cat in pumpkin Digi- TLC Creations Freebie (Winter/January Subway Art)

·   Front Digi- Scribbles Designs Challenge Freebie (Penguin Pals)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Inside Sentiment - TLC Creations Freebie (Warm Winter Wishes)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #116 Penguin Pals
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #108 (Inspired by a Word Collage)  
Time Out Challenge- #230 Inspired by Words
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday-Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- January 2023 Linky
 
I wanted to make another card to enter into the Show us your Pussycats and Cupcake-Polka Dots challenge and had fun creating with this rubber stamp Kitty that I’ve had in my collection for over two decades. I don’t know the company that made it because I pulled the rubber from the wood when I got my MISTI several years ago, but I really do love the little cutie. 
 

Supplies: 
·   Cat in Pumpkin Wooden Stamp- Company Unknown (Possibly All Night Media or PSX?)

·   Inside Sentiment- BOO (created with letters cut out of scrapbook papers)

·   Inside Sentiment- “Happy Halloween”- Hero Arts (retired)

·   Ghost embellie- fussy cut from a scrap of vellum

·   Yellow vellum, patterned paper, ribbon, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge- Furry Thing Goes (#84 December)  
Cupcake Inspirations- #561 Theme Challenge- Polka Dots  
Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge- Week #3 Anything Goes    

One of my favorite Christmas-themed challenges is named Rudolph Days. I always try to make a special card to enter and had fun using a digi set from Jan’s Digi Stamps that is creatively named “Believe.” I don’t often use pre-colored images, but I really liked Jan’s coloring on this digi, because the black leather looks especially real! I did change the gold bells and buckles to silver, just because I really like silver, red, and black color combos. (I'm adding a watermarked image of the digi set because I wanted to share how versatile it is. I love the variety of digis and sentiments. This is the first time I've used this set and have a feeling I'll be using it often.) 
 

Supplies: 
·   Precolored Digi- Jan’s Digi Stamps Set (Believe)    

·   Shading, highlights and silver accents added with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Marvy Silver Pen, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Front Sentiment “Merry Christmas”- Hobby Lobby (napkins on clearance aisle)

·   Inside Sentiment - Jan’s Digi Stamps Set (Believe)    

·   Glittery Holly and Berrie Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
Jan’s Digi Stamps- January 2023 Anything Goes    
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #247

Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes (It’s New to Me)  

My last card this posting features another adorable penguin from artist Conie Fong. I made it for a friend who is going through a rough time right now. I know the sentiment, and this cute little penguin is sure to bless her heart.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including three with inspiration photos/themes that include, Inspiration Station, Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color, and Monday Greeting.
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Conie Fong Art (Snowy the Penguin)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Snowflakes Background- Cheery Lynn Designs Die (C146 Snowflakes)

·   Sparkly Snowflake Stickers- Oriental Trading Company

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
Conie Fong Art & Design Group [FB]- Monthly Challenge- December/January
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #579-580 Anything Goes          
       Since I’m a Guest DT for this challenge, please don’t include me in the draw for the prize!
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge Inspiration Photo  
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Winter Hello    

15 comments:

  1. Kathy, you have a great way of using vintage techniques with sweet images! Each one could not be more lovely! So happy I got to see your creation at Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenges . Thanks for the inspiration, and I hope to see more of your designs soon.
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little penguins are so cute with the word collage! Perfect for our challenge over at Path of Positivity! Thanks so much for sharing with us! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kathy, those little penguin guys are just adorable! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute penguin dressed in purple and grey...Your card is so fun! Thanks for sharing at the Inspiration Station Challenge this month...Hope to see your creativity in February! Smiles, Kathy Dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous cute card!

    Thank you for joining in at Festive Friday Challenge!
    Val
    DT-Leader

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frugal and arty, goes well together as do your fabulous cards Cathy. I haven't used TLC for a long time, and then I used one this week too. Love your cat Halloween and your Boots Christmas, also your single penguin cards, Great colours and designs on each.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those penguins look like the belong together! And great use of the 'love theme'! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute cards. I love that little kitten in the pumpkin!! Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations!!

    Nora
    CIC DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW this is amazing and love it, thanks so much for entering our challenge with your fabulous design at[aNNie designer for The Sisterhood of Crafters]
    https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Handsome Masculine card, Kathy! The buffalo plaid makes your Beautiful coloring pop! Great Job. Thank you for showcasing "Believe" and sharing it with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and Happy New Year!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super fun Halloween cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for entering our Color Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges
    Cara, The Color Challenge Design Team
    The Outlawz Color Challenges.
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your little penguin is so precious and playful; great color palette too! Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards and lovely penguins! Thanks for joining us at DigiChoosday! Christin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love you penguin card Kathy. My printer does that too and I usually try to make it work as well. Thank you for entering the Penguin Pals Challenge at Scribbles Designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!