Sunday, January 29, 2023

myasperations 1-29-23

I wasn’t sure what I was going to create for the current Snippets Challenge until I remembered that the Christmas Craft Creations theme this month what “Snippets.” So… I started looking through my Christmas papers when I remembered a box of craft “treasures” I saved when we moved my mom to a nursing home in 2005. I knew that it held old cards, papers, lace, and more… so I went looking for it. Within a few minutes, I was immersed in warm memories as I dug through remnants of the many crafting projects my sisters and I made with Mom over the years. The little stocking on my card was made with scraps of burgundy velveteen, antique ribbon and lace that we had used in the late ’90s to make vintage Christmas stockings to sell at holiday craft shows. Mom would have loved this miniature version I’ll be giving to one of my siblings next Christmas.  Scraps of patterned paper that have an antique feeling and a brass charm from my stash help make a card for this sweet ornament. 


Supplies: 

·   Front Sentiment “Merry”- Stampin’ Up! Thinlits Expressions Dies (retired set)

·   Front Sentiment-“Warm and Cozy Holiday” from  Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Jolly Holiday)

·   Inside Sentiment- “Wishing you all the hope…” from We Are 3 Digital Sentiment Set  (Christmas)

·   All other items/supplies from my stash.

Entered into:  
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- Snippets   
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #247
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #579-580 Anything Goes          
       Since I’m a Guest DT for this challenge, please don’t include me in the draw for the prize!
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #3 Anything Goes                        

The current challenge at Scribbles Designs has a penguin theme so I just had to make a card using my favorite Scribbles Designs penguin, named “Brrr”! In this digi Brrr  holds a clock. And since both a front and rear view of Brrr are available, I just had to make a card with an open frame front! I layered on the bling for a bright and playful birthday card. 
I’m entering this card into several challenges including The Sisterhood of Crafters (the penguin's name is Brrr, and he loves the cold) and Di’s Digi Stamps (the Celebrate sentiment and stars add lots of bling to the card.)
Supplies: 

·   Front Digi- Scribbles Designs (Brrr Clock- Front)

·   Inside Digi- Scribbles Designs (Brrr Clock- Back)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Sparkly Heart Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Front Sentiment- “It’s Time To…” Computer Generated

·   Front Sentiment- Celebrate (upcycled from a New Year’s Card)  

·   Inside  Sentiment- Scribbles Designs (PARTY!)

·   Inside Birthday Sentiment- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #116 Penguin Pals
Di’s Digi Stamps- Make It Sparkle  
Paper Funday- #49 ATG
Gem of a Challenge- Week #2 Anything Goes                               

I usually make several Christmas cards a month to help make that job easier at the end of the year. This one, made with a free digi from the web, went together quickly.
Supplies: 

·   Front Sentiment- scrapbookandcards.com bonus cutting files (All Is Bright)

·   Sentiments-“Merry Christmas” and “May Your Holidays Be Bright…” from Polka Dot Orchard Digi Set (Swinging By With Holiday Cheer)

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge- Week #3 Anything Goes    
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday - Christmas
Outlawz Challenge- January 2023 Linky
Jan’s Digi Stamps- January 2023 Anything Goes    

17 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy: This is so pretty. I love that stocking because it's lifelike. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous trio of Christmas cards.

    Thanks for entering the first card as homework for the Snippets Playground. LOVE that velvet stocking with the cute embellishments - which bought you back some happy memories xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the cards are special and the warm memories are too. Thanks for joining us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards!
    Thank you for joining in at Festive Fridays Challenge!
    Val
    DT-Leader

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm popping back by to say Thanks for sharing your cheeky penguin with us at The Paper Funday Challenge!
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards as always, and what great memories the first one brought you!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {The Sisterhood}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your "memory" card Cathy, I suspect your sibling will love it and will help them remember too. Love your other cards, great designs and images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous grouping of cards, Kathy! So happy I got to see your creations at Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenges . Thanks for the inspiration, and I hope to see more of your designs soon.
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful trio of holiday creations, Kathy! Thank you for sharing your inspirational creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and Happy New Year!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cards and I do so love your snippets card! That wee velvet stocking is so adorable! Lovely card too - somone will love it for sure!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy I loved reading about your first card, I bet it brought back such lovely memories for you.

    Thank you very much for entering your lovely penguin card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

    Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

    Mandy ♥
    DT for The Paper Funday Challenges
    Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards, I love them. Thank you for joining the Festive Friday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that sweet stocking card and what special memories it has evoked.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great project. Thanks for joining in with a Polkadoodles challenge. Donna P (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW this is amazing and love it, thanks so much for entering our challenge with your fabulous design at[aNNie designer for The Sisterhood of Crafters]
    https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun Christmas lights card and lovely background

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Wk 03 Digi Choosday challenge….

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your penguin card - so much fun!

    Thanks for joining us at the Scribbles Designs Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!