Sunday, January 15, 2023

myasperations 1-15-23

It’s the 15th of the month, so I’m sharing a DT card for the challenge at QKR Stampede. Stop by the challenge, which is always “Anything Goes” and several prizes are awarded. Maybe you’ll be inspired to enter a card or two yourself?
I started this card with a Herringbone Pattern Background that I made made with scraps from several colors of woodgrain papers. I cut them into strips of various lengths and widths and set them aside. I cut a 4x8 inch strip from a sheet of clear self-stick laminate, laid it on my craft table, sticky-side up, and used instructions I found on Pinterest to create the Pattern.
I wanted the artist to stand out a bit from the bold background, so I cut an oval from a scrap of upcycled gift wrap with a fun paint splatter design and slipped it under his feet. I fussy-cut some of the splatters and attached them to this oval base, adding more to the inside sentiment. (Oh, and I discovered that it was easy to change the color of the sentiment with my Word program. After I copied the digi and pasted it into a document, I used the following steps 1) click on the image, 2) select “Picture Format” from toolbar, 3) select  “Color” then “Recolor” (click on your color choice.) 4) Print and finish your card!)
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Snippets, which requires the use of scraps. Di and her team are celebrating their 11th Anniversary, and ask that we include “Before & After Pics” with our entry. I love the rustic feeling that woodgrain adds to cards, so I had a nice pile of snippets to piece together a wonderful patterned background for this card.  I included pics of the pile of scraps that I had when I started and those that remained when I was finished making the beautiful woodgrain background. (I even have a nice rectangular strip that I can use on a future card!) 
PS-  QKR Stampede has a few spots open on their DT. I've enjoyed being a part of the team, and love the huge selection of images from which to pick, including some wonderful sentiments! If interested, stop by HERE to learn more!  
Supplies: 

·   Digi- QKR Stampede Digital Stamp (Artist Bear) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Inside Sentiment- QKR Stampede Digital Stamp (True Friend) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Herringbone background- made with Paper Scraps (instructions HERE and HERE)

·   Clear Self-Stick Laminating Sheet (I use the Avery brand, but there are other options on the web)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge- Week #1-2 Anything Goes  
Allsorts Challenge- Week 711: AG
Gem of a Challenge- Week #1 Anything Goes                                
2craftycrittercrazies challenge- #70 Jan 2023                               

This card features the brand new digi drawn by an artistic member of the Outlawz Progressive Team for the January Progressive Challenge. (Thanks, Sandra!) I made the 3-D basket made with scraps of kraft brown paper. (I created a few cards with this type of basket back in early 2020, and posted an included tutorial to my blog. You can find the link to it in my supply list.) 
NOTE- Outlawz moved to a new platform for their challenges earlier this year and I’m really liking how much easier it is to navigate plus posting entries is so quick and easy, so if you haven’t joined yet, you might want to do so soon! Not only will it bring a smile to our friends at Outlawz, but with the current numbers your chances of winning prizes in their random drawings are pretty good. (I have already won a nice assortment of digis. SO fun!) There are nine different challenges, with prizes from up to 15 sponsors, on the one site HERE. Stop on by and have fun looking around.  And if you have any questions, leave a comment on this post and I’ll see if I can help to get you started!
Supplies: 
·   Digi-Outlawz Sunflowers (Freebie for Jan 2023 Progressive Challenge)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Woven Basket (tutorial on my blog HERE)

·   Front Sentiment- “Bouquet of Sunshine…” Power Poppy (Bring Home Some Sunflowers)

·   Inside sentiment- Eureka Digi Stamp (Loving Ways) Also available unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Sheer black dotted Swiss ribbon- JoAnne’s

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Progressive Challenge (Jan-Outlawz Sunflowers)
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes     (Twist-It’s New to Me) 
Outlawz Challenge- January 2023 Linky
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #246
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #1 Anything Goes                        
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #90 AG

I created my final card this post with sweet digi from All Dressed Up’s current challenge “Make it Cute.” I sometimes volunteer to help with face painting at community events so have built up a nice collection of photos on Pinterest… and this one inspired my card.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including the Butterfly Challenge: my card features two colors-French Rose and Flax (hair highlights) plus two of the Themes- Flowers and Butterfly (on the cuties cheek!), and Outlawz Sunday and Sisterhood of Crafters Challenges share a common theme (the “something new” on my card is adding a bit of face painting. I like how it provides a bit of fun and whimsy!)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- All Dressed Up (Flower Dreams)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Face painted butterfly- Pinterest photo (you can find the Chicago artists' website HERE)

·   Instructions for Z-fold cards can be found HERE.

·   Front Sentiment- Sticker from my scrapbook stash

·   Inside Sentiment- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
All Dressed Up FB Challenge- January (Make It Cute)                
All Dressed Up- #136 Anything Goes (January)
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- New Year Blessings
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Birthday)

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful herringbone design for your gifted artist. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Cathy, what amazing colouring of this wonderful artist, love the background too. Also a fabulous insert. Amazed with this. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful design with the wood snippets. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge. Also love your painted butterfly on the digi - amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun card for our challenge at Allsorts this week, thank you for joining us there.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back again with my butterfly hat on for your last card that has me in raptures. I love the idea of the butterfly face painting both on the card and the real thing. The colour on your card just al flow together. Thankyou for coming and spinning thee butterfly wheel with me this time. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards and the card with the butterfly image is so unique and creative!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {The Sisterhood}

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely trio of cards. Thanks for entering the first one into the Snippets Playground. So many strips used! And fussy cutting the splats is beyond the call of duty! LOL!.

    Once you've finished playing on the swings, come and find the usual suspects up in the Playground Treehouse and join us for a hot beverage and a snack. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous set of cards. Love the assembly of snippets you have used on the first card - so creative! Thanks so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts this week
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful work Kathy! And I do love your face painting - our German daughter in law does this for our Grand daughters, for festivals etc - and it's quite an art! You must have endless patience!

    Hugs

    Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card, thanks for sharing it with us at Twisted Thursday Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love you're creation, thanks for sharing it with us at the Progressive Freebie Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card and design! Love that basket! Thanks for sharing this with us at Twisted Thursday at The Outlawz!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing cards again Kathy!!! Love it! Thanks for joining The Outlawz Progressive challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cards! Thanks for sharing with Sunday Songs and Rhymes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card .. Love the image
    Thank you for joining us at All Dressed Up Stamp Challenge
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fabulous set of cards Cathy, amazing colouring on your artist card and the others too. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Critter Crazy Challenge this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute card Kathy. Thanks so much for entering our Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges.
    Cara, The Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge Design Team
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely idea creating a basket for the flowers. Thanks so much for entering our Progressive Freebie Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges.
    Cara, The Progressive Freebie Design Team
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome work und a cute image! Amazing coloration of it, too. And I love the sentiment.

    Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two great cards. Beautiful colouring on the second one and such a lovely image too.

    Thanks for joining us at the Incy Wincy Designs Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!