Wednesday, January 18, 2023

myasperations 1-18-23

I am honored to serve for a second time as a guest designer for the WordArtWednesday Challenge using the current free scripture verse. I love the beautiful fonts on this newly created digital image. However, the verse itself is not new to me. It is actually one of my favorites, which wasn’t always the case. The first time I read it, it made me cringe with shame and fear. That was when I saw God as vengeful and always looking for reasons to punish me. So I really didn’t want him to search my heart! Then, in the early ‘90s, I joined a women’s study group which introduced me to a loving God who extended grace and tenderness as He encouraged me to do the same toward others. I remember that we were discussing the book, The Sacred Romance by John Eldredge and Brent Curtis, and one of the verses we “unpacked” together was Psalm 139. The love and grace of this small group, which I call my “heart friends’” helped to heal the damage that years of childhood trauma had dealt to my young heart and mind. With their help, I was able to see God not as a vengeful father, but as “Abba Father” (which one bible version translates as “Pappa.” What a difference that made for me!) Seeing this verse made me think of those dear friends, so I ended up making three versions of the card, tailored to their personalities to send to each of them. (Diane loves flowers, Char is a snowflake fan, and Tammi likes jewelry!)  The inside of each is empty so I have room to add a “thinking of you/miss you/love you” type note.
I’m entering the  cards into several challenges including three that have a common theme of “new”: The Sisterhood of Crafter (every snowflake is a new, one-of-a-kind, creation); Outlawz Challenge Twisted Thursday (the digi is new to me!); and Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes (I was inspired by “To you, we wish the best of things, all the blessings a new year brings.” However, my card speaks of more than the blessings of a new year; it offers the grace gift of a whole new perspective on life!), the Butterfly Challenge: (my card features two colors-French Rose and Flax, plus two of the Themes- Flowers and a Butterfly), and three  challenges that deal with winter: Cupcake Inspirations (whenever snow falls, I remember the hours of fun in my childhood making snowmen, snow forts, and having snowball fights); plus Inspiration Station and Outlawz Tuesday (the inspiration photos are sugared with snowflakes!)  
 

Supplies: 

·   Digi- WordArtWednesday Free Scripture Verse (Psalm 139)

·   Snowflake Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Sheer black dotted Swiss ribbon- JoAnne’s

·   Assorted papers, paper doily scrap, silver charm and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  WAW-Jan 4 2023 Psalm 139
     Butterfly-
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- New Year Blessings
     Snowflakes-
Cupcake Inspirations- #560 Theme Challenge- Winter Fun  
Double D’s Challenge- Snow  
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge Inspiration Photo  
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Winter Hello       
     Ribbon and Charm-
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes     (Twist-It’s New to Me) 
Paper Funday- #49 ATG 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge#579-580 Anything Goes          
       Since I’m a Guest DT for this challenge, please don’t include me in the draw for the prize!

This is the second card I created for All Dressed Up’s current challenge “Make it Cute.” And isn’t she… well… adorably cute? I decided to make a gate fold card but added a  flap on the front to provide room for some extra cuteness plus a big shout of rainbow colors.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including
Supplies: 

·   Digi- All Dressed Up (Birthday Girl)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Gate Fold Instructions found Here or Here (YouTube) 

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  1-17-23 adu-Birthday Girl (Unicorn)
All Dressed Up FB Challenge- January (Make It Cute)                
All Dressed Up- #136 Anything Goes (January)
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge- Basic Black (optional rainbow)       
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Birthday)
Outlawz Challenge- January 2023 Linky


28 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Cathy, love the little details on each and the charm on the last card, beautiful designs.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each one so beautifully done with great designs and wonderful verses. Thanks so much for linking your snowflake card up with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A post full of craftiness, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful designs. Thank you for joining the winter blues challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card for our challenge at Allsorts this week, thank you for joining us there.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D and The Sisterhood!
    Diane DD Co-Owner and TSH DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three version of your scripture card are so pretty. I can't decide which is my favourite even though one is for the butterfly challenge. Thankyou for coming and sharing again in the garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! Fun rainbow colors and image on this birthday card. All of the cards are beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Colorful Options January Color Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an inspiring card! Wonderful design, papers, and embellishments framing the verse! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Twisted Thursday! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful, winter card!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!

    Nora
    DT Member CIC

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card, thanks for Sharing it with us at Tuesday Color Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous card, thanks for sharing it with us at Twisted Thursday Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, love all of the pretty snowflakes! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Snow Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm poppin' back in to say Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge!
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous bright and cheerful design - love it!

    Thanks for joining us at the Festive Friday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. More beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing with Sunday Songs and Rhymes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous creations Kathy. Thanks for sharing on The colour challenge at The Outrlawz...Ursula DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely card. Thanks for joining the challenge of The Outlawz Monday Greetings. Greetings Helma DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi kathy, Wow have you been busy creating, love the cards that you have personalised for your friends, love the soft colours and snow flakes you have added, thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another Fabulous card ..beautiful cololured
    Thank you for joining us at All Dressed Up Stamps Challenge
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card. Thanks so much for entering our Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges.
    Cara, The Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge Design Team
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card ... Thanks so much for entering our Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges.
    Cara, The Color Challenge Design Team
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  23. Me again!

    Thanks for joining us at the Incy Wincy Designs Challenge too.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome creations!! Thanks so much for participating in our COLORFUL OPTIONS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such lovely Cards and such a wonderful Bible Verse Psa. 139: 23,24. Thanks so much for sharing this truth with us over at the Inspiration Station Challenge this month. Smiles, Kathy DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a lovely card, thank you for joining the Outlawz Colour challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Kathy, I love the card you've created for the ADU Challenge! Thanks so much for playing with us at All Dressed Up Stamps--think we all need some color during this time of the year!
    Carolyn DT

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful verse on your absolutely amazing card! I love every single element of it! Thanks for playing with us at The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge this month! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!