Thursday, December 1, 2022

myasperations 12-1-22

Our server was freaking out with the wintry weather last night. The results were that I couldn’t post these two cards to my blog by the end of November. Looks like I can do that today. So…I missed a challenge deadline but wanted to share these two cards anyway since I love the way they turned out!  

The first, for Outlawz November monthly challenge, features a sweet (or should I say double tweet?!) digi from WinkWinkInk. Isn’t he the cutest snowman EVAH?! I decided to show him off using soft pastel colors, with pops of intense blue (snowflakes) and contrast in color and texture (peach tassel.) The sentiment is from a card I received a few decades ago. It made me laugh, so I added it to my sentiment ‘cache’ for later use. Enjoy!
Supplies: 

·   Digi- WinkWinkInk (Seasons Tweetings)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Background-from Tlc Creations (Home for Winter Printable Junk Journal Kit)

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Blue Snowflake Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Tassel- Hobby Lobby

·   Silver photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Progressive Challenge (WinkWinkInk -Seasons Tweetings)
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes     
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  
Outlawz Challenge- December 2022 Linky
    
Since I’m featuring CUTE (yep… I shouted that word!) on this post,  Conie Fong’s little Molly and her winter friends is the perfect addition. After using pastels on the last card, I opted for bold contrast on this one. I’ve had that striped paper in my stash forever (or at least a few decades) and love how it looks when paired with the rich and smokey palette I used to color Molly and friends. You can’t see it, but the snowdrifts were made with scraps of white cardstock that shimmers in the light.
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Conie Fong (Molly's Winter Friends)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment “Hello Sweet Friend”- Beccys Place Digital Set (Keeping It Simple)

·   Inside  Sentiment- “You Warm my Heart” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cheers)

·   Easel Card- Instructions found HERE  (I used a vertical card base for added height!)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
Conie Fong Art & Design Group [FB]- Monthly Challenge- October/November
Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge- Week #48 Anything Goes  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #571-572 Anything Goes                   
Time Out Challenge- #228 Photo Prompt 
Jan’s Digi Stamps- November 2022 Anything Goes    

9 comments:

  1. I love it, thanks for sharing it with us at the Twisted Thursday Challenge Blog.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snowman is a cutie. Great card!
    Lia DT TSOC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, Kathy! Beautiful coloring. Thank you for sharing your talents with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Molly and her Snow Buddy are adorable and Iike the fold. The festive papers really set the scene. Thanks for sharing your sweet project with us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge, we appreciate the support!
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your 2e card on a blogchallenge Kathy and had to come by to say your easel is just awesome. Love the digi wich you coloured awesome. When I am here I see another great card with the snowman!! Oooh men, this is such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy, a fun and cute snowman, love the little bird resting on his nose. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable snowman card Kathy. Love how you've showcased him and the inside sentiment looks awesome too! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun card, cute snowman and lovely colouring

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Wk 48 Digi Choosday challenge….

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card! I love the design, the colors you chose and your coloring looks super.Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!