Thursday, December 22, 2022

myasperations 12-22-22

Below is our local weather forecast. (Surrounding schools, and the agency where I work, are all closed. Looks like I'll be spending the next few days in my craft room while my sweet hubby watches his favorite westerns and Die Hard movies!)  So stay tuned for some card postings. 

ACCUMULATING SNOW ENDING THEN A GROUND BLIZZARD AND DANGEROUSLY COLD CONDITIONS THURSDAY AND FRIDAY... TRAVEL THURSDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT COULD BE IMPOSSIBLE AND LIFE-THREATENING... Snow will continue to exit from west to east this morning. Later today northwest winds gusts of 40 to 50 mph will develop and last through Friday night. Many hours of whiteout conditions are expected with travel becoming very difficult or impossible as roads drift shut. In addition, arctic air with dangerously cold wind chills will spread across the region. This event could be life-threatening if you are stranded with wind chills in the 30 to 45 below zero range. Please avoid traveling. In addition, heavy snow remaining on trees from the last storm and strong winds arriving could result in tree damage and power outages as temperatures drop below zero. 

Below are a few photos. The first shows just how much snow we've had over the last three days... as we started with an inch or two on the ground on Monday. I also provides a glimpse of how my hubby takes care of the birds during this cold weather. There were 3-4 dozen sparrows, wrens, starlings and junkos there at dawn and he's scattered more seed a few times since then. You can also see the snow on the roof and large icicles. The second shows why our electricity might soon be out. Trees all over the county are currently covered with the results of a wave of heavy snow last weekend that knocked out power for thousands of homes across the region. When 40-50 mph winds hit later today, branches will surely take out more power lines. We'll be praying for those impacted, including the power company staff who will be out working in the awful weather! 


3 comments:

  1. Kathy,
    Stay safe and as warm as you can. hugs MrsA.


    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a safe and warm Christmas time, it looks beautiful and we here in my part of the UK wish for snow, but seeing this is scary. Merry Christmas.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hopping along with us at Word Art Wednesday, Kathy. I appreciate your kind encouraging words. In regard to "thy paths dropping fatness", please know that I am no Bible scholar. I simply share what the Lord lays on my heart in the way He leads me to interpret things. There is a deeper meaning; as I read this morning. However, it does refer to blessings for the most part. I have MUCH to learn about God's Word...for sure. I just try my best to put the verses into simple words that will bless others. Thanks so much for the comment. It means a lot to me; as I never know if anyone even reads the devotionals. I pray always that God will use them to bless and encourage someone. Knowing that you were blessed by it was an answer to prayer, and I praise God for that. Have a wonderfully blessed Christmas, my friend.
    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!