Saturday, December 3, 2022

myasperations 12-3-22

I am honored to have served as a Guest Designer for Beccy Muir at Beccy’s Place and am now one of her “Contributors” (which means that she provides me with digis or clear stamp sets several times a year and I get to create cards or other items with them!) It is always fun to see the images Beccy invites me to use.  This time, the digis and sentiments are all from a just-released set named “Holiday Hounds.”
Beccy names each of her digi characters and when I first saw this hound named “Earl”, I laughed out loud. Doesn’t Earl just exude a haughty, almost regal, attitude?!  After I colored the hound, I printed off a separate copy of Earls's sweater on which to practice the knitted texture using an excellent tutorial from artist Annabel Haines. It takes a little time to detail all the cable stitches, but I think the results are worth it! (I added a photo showing how I lightly pencil sketched the cable stitching before adding the marker coloring. The close-up photo shows the final multicolored details, after I fussy-cut the sweater, and adhered it atop the pup's image.) Because I live with a pretty tight craft budget, I make slimline cards that fit into #10 business envelopes because are much cheaper than buying “slim line envelopes” or an expensive envelope die! Also, since I like to upcycle, I used a few scraps of paper on which I had practiced cable stitching to decorate the inside sentiment.  


 
Supplies: 

·   Digi and Sentiments- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Holiday Hounds) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Knitted texture tutorial can be found HERE

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, a white colored pencil, and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sparkly Holly and Merry Christmas Sentiment- A set of Stickers from Hobby Lobby

·   Pioneer Clear Photo corners- available from several sources

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Christmas Sentiments     
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  
Outlawz Challenge- December 2022 Linky
Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge- Week #48 Anything Goes  
Time Out Challenge- #228 Photo Prompt 

I made this card for the current wecraftcards Forum challenge. When I went to post it, I discovered that I'd remembered correctly that the card was to be a Santa or Elf. But… I'd forgotten that it was a CAS challenge!  (In truth, CAS is not my thing. I am more of a LOL girl. LOL as in “Lots of Layers”!) My hubby really likes it… and so do I. He jokingly said, “You made a Pop-Top Santa.” In truth, I think of him as a “Hipster Santa” because of the lumberjack shirt (I always think of them as trendy. At least where they are where I live!) To add a quirky touch, I decorated his shirt with a faux pinback button that sports a funky holiday sentiment (Ho3  as in HoHoHo!)
I loved using this sweet Santa image from Beccy’s Place. I was going to change his look a bit by adding glasses but couldn’t find the digi I needed. So, instead I decided to just open his “smiling eyes” by adding pupils and irises in a warm brown color.   
Supplies: 

·   Santa Head Digi- from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Cozy Christmas)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- “Ho3” Button (hand lettered atop a small journalling tag from my stash)

·   Buffalo Checked patterned paper- Hobby Lobby

·   Inside Sentiment- “Merry Christmas” QKR Stampede Digital Stamp (Barbed Wire) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Holly embellishments on inside sentiment- trimmed from a scrap of patterned paper

·   Small circle punch and permanent black fine-line Sharpie maker (to create buttons)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Beccy’s Place Challenge-December  Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes   
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #571-572 Anything Goes                   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #622 AG  
Gem of a Challenge- Week #25 Anything Goes                             
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- December    

19 comments:

  1. Earl certainly makes me smile, Kathy! Lovely coloring of the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny digi is this Kathy!!I've got a big smile on my face now;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful this card with this image Kathy. I love that detail with the knitting on it. Such a great effect on your card.
    Karin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fantastic effect, looks like a real knitted sweater!! Love his expression!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Santa card! I love the Buffalo plaid! Thanks for sharing this with us at Twisted Thursday at The Outlawz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What really fun cards. Both Santa and Earl have such personality! You did an amazing job with the sweater. Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun cards ad love the doggies, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fun card and perfect for a dog lover. Thanks for taking part in my theme week at Allsorts. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely and fabulous Christmas card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Kathy.....
    Hey, you have a prize waiting for you over at the Cat Lovers Hop! Yay!
    I've been trying to get a hold of you. Please email me.
    Your cards are just so fun and cute. The coloring on Earl's sweater is just phenomenal. Annabel is a great one for getting tips from...she's amazing. You did her proud!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh.. thanks so much, Janis. I have been dealing with some family health issues, so have fallen behind on posting and browsing... and checking emails. Will do that now. Thanks again!

      Delete
  11. Love his face, fabulous card!
    Thanks for joining in at Festive Fridays Challenge!
    Val - DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it, thanks for sharing it with us at the Twisted Thursday Challenge Blog.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I Love it ... just love how you colour his outfit.
    Thank you joining us at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun card and lovely colouring love Earls jumper x

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Wk 48 Digi Choosday challenge….

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Earl looks absolutely amazing! Please remember next time that at Time Out we only allow 5 challenges combined, one of them being ours. Thank you for joining us and I hope to see you playing again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nonni. I forgot about the limit of challenges I can enter at the same time. Will make note of that for the future! (And thanks also for your kind words!)

      Delete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!