Thursday, December 15, 2022

myasperations 12-15-22

     I am honored to have served as a Guest Designer for Beccy Muir at Beccy’s Place and am now one of her “Contributors” (which means that she provides me with digis or clear stamp sets several times a year and I get to create cards or other items with them!) It is always fun to see the images Beccy invites me to use.  This time, the digis and sentiments are all from a just-released set named “Gingerbread Season.”
     Beccy names each of her digi characters and this pudgy cutie is named Jed. The background is made with an upcycled envelope from a gift card that I received from my generous boss last year. It is a perfect setting for this sweet digi. I printed Jed onto Kraft cardstock, adding a cropped image of his left hand that holds the garland, colored the images (leaving the Kraft garland uncolored), fussy cut and adhered them to the gift card background. I printed two sentiments, plus two cropped copies of the tinsel garland, onto white cardstock, fussy cut, and set them aside. For additional bling and texture, I added two embellishments. For the first, I punched a small circle of silver star vellum to adhere atop the ornament. The second was more time-consuming, but I think it was worth the effort! First, I colored the tinsel garland on the white cardstock with grey markers and added LOTS of swishes of silver gel pen. Some major fussy-cutting brought the spiky tinsel to life. I adhered one of the garlands onto the Kraft background and popped the other atop it with foam tape popped.  The final touches were to add the fussy-cut hand atop the garlands with foam tape and to add the sentiments, including a few gingerbread cookies I fussy-cut from some patterned paper and added to the inside of the card.
     I am entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Sunday-Baby’s First Christmas (Babies are usually fascinated with Christmas baubles and love pudgy dolls and cookies, so Jed would surely make them giggle!); Outlawz Tuesday- TicTacToe (Card features items in the first column- top to bottom: garland, cookie, ornament); and Path Of Positivity Challenge-Share your dreams for the future (My sweet hubby and I celebrate our 45th  Anniversary later this month. He is in the final stage of MS, so my dream is that we’ll get to celebrate at least one more Christmas together before he moves on to his heavenly mansion. He is the most amazing man I’ve ever known, and I’ve been so blessed to share nearly five decades of my life with him!)
 
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi and Sentiments- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Gingerbread Season)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Vellum imprinted with Silver Stars -Hobby Lobby

·   Christmas Basics Boxed Cards - Hobby Lobby (fussy-cut cookie embellies from one of the cards)

·   Silver photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   Upcycled Gift Card envelope, foam tape, a scrap of red ribbon and red vellum, assorted Stickles, plus other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Baby’s First Christmas
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- TicTacToe 
         Since I’m a DT for Beccy's Place (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  
Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge- Week #50 Anything Goes  
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #50 Anything Goes                     
      Since I’m a DT for Sheepski (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #573-574 Anything Goes                   
Di’s Digi Stamps- Any Winter Holiday  
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #107  

The current challenge at wecraftcards (Red and White with a tad of black) was a bit more difficult than I had expected, because… well… I tend to complicate things that should be simple. (This is no surprise to my hubby and staff members!) I wanted to make a card for the current Double D’s Stocking Challenge, so decided to use this sweet cardinal in a stocking image from Beccy’s Place. I did end up adding a bit more additional color than a tad of black, mainly because of the cardinal’s beak, and this stuff called Christmas GREENery! So, my card might not be accepted for the challenge, but it was fun to create! (An added note- the cute inside sentiment is from a stamp company named Tiddly inks, which closed a few years ago. However, I was happily surprised to see that artist Christy Croll kept her blog site with its many wonderful freebies open. So, I was able to provide a link to this sentiment. And, if you stop in to download it, you’ll also have access to many of her other wonderful digis!)
Supplies: 

·   Digi is from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Jolly Holiday)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   I added knit texture to the stocking using an excellent tutorial found HERE

·   Inside Sentiment- Tiddly Inks Freebie (Christmas Tweetings)

·   Pioneer Clear Black corners- available from several sources

·   Sheer black dotted Swiss ribbon- JoAnne’s

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Wecraftcards-  Red and White (with a tad of black)
Beccy’s Place Challenge-December  Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Double D’s Challenge- Christmas Stockings 
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes    
Outlawz Challenge- December 2022 Linky
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #625 AG   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- December
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #89 Decking the Halls
2craftycrittercrazies challenge- #69 Dec 2022                               

21 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card and so lucky to use a lovely image. Thanks for joining The Outlawz colour challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable is this card. Congrats on your position with Beccy's Place; how fun is that! I wish for you a very special Christmas with your favorite guy. May it be filled with joy! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling, Kathy. You're so creative and I always enjoy seeing your wonderful art. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge. Have a blessed Christmas and keep on creating.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your cards are adorable! I pray abundant blessings over you and your hubby this year. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card at DD Challenges. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorably cute cute cardinal in your stocking, love it!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {The Sisterhood}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun and festive card with the sweet little bird in his sock! Great inside sentiment, also! Very happy you shared with us at Twisted Thursday! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy your card is adorable, I love the little ginger bread man. Thank you for joining the Outlawz Colour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute love your card!
    Thank you for joining in at Festive Fridays Challenge!
    Val - DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love that darling gingerbread man, and the sweet little bird. Beautifully done. Congrats on you GD spot too. You rock, girl! I am very glad that you joined our 12th birthday hop on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Best of luck to you, Kathy. Have a happy day and Happy Holidays.Hugs, Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice map
    thanks for participating in this challenge
    greetings jolanda bongers
    dt festive friday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are absolutely beautiful Kathy, the work that goes into them is incredible. I'm always amazed by the fantastic results you achieve with your pens and scissors! That tinsel is amazing and the knitted stocking is absolutely brilliant.
    Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary, I'm thinking of you both Kathy, and hoping your dream comes true.
    Cheers,
    Beccy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it, thanks for sharing it with us at the Twisted Thursday Challenge Blog.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deleted my comment as I put the wrong challenge in the original comment.
      Lovely card Kathy. I like the effect of the red, white and black. Thank you for entering the Use The Word Merry Challenge at CHNC.

      Delete
  14. Super cute card! Thanks so much for entering our Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges.
    Cara, The Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge Design Team
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great take on the tic tac toe challenge Kathy. Really cute card. Thanks so much for entering our Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges.
    Cara, The Color Challenge Design Team
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your creation, thanks for sharing it with us at the Tuesday Color Challenge.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your new role at Beccy's, Kathy. Both of your cards here are gorgeous, but I'm commenting on the fun, gingerbread man card. I love it! It sounds like an 'epic make' with all the colouring, fussy cutting and popping on foam business, but it was so worth the effort! And the gift card backdrop is perfect for Jed.
    Thank you for sharing your very personal dreams for the next year. I sincerely hope they come true. Meanwhile, Happy New Year to you both and many thanks for sharing your project with us at the Path of Positivity. We really appreciate your support of our challenge blog.
    Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes and 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. Hope to see you again.
    Thank you also for joining the challenge at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas. Sadly this challenge blog has now closed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a fun card! Thank you for playing along with our "Decking the halls" challenge over at Papercraft challenges and apologies for commenting so very late. Happy crafting and all the best for 2023! Maike

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!