Friday, December 30, 2022

myasperations 12-30-22

Over the last few weeks, we’ve suffered a few major blizzards. Each time I was safe and warm in my craft room, while heavy snow fell and whipped around. The agency where I work was hosting its second annual office door decorating contact and the weather inspired this design that features a fun Santa digi (enlarged to fill several sheets of copy paper), and a flurry of snowflakes. I used a few sparkly snowflake stickers, and was going to die-cut more, until I found several envelopes full of paper snowflakes that are precious to me! Back in the late 1990’s one of my sisters, who is skilled at folding and fussy-cutting intricate snowflakes, taught me how to make them. A few days later, as I added dozens of the snowflakes to the scene on my office door, I enjoyed warm memories of the afternoon that we spent together, laughing and munching on Christmas cookies as we snipped up a storm! Note- you can't see it in the photos, but his "shades" are made with metallic red paper. In-person, they provide a bit of color and nice reflective surface!
Supplies: 

·   Digi- The Paper Shelter (Xtreme Xmas)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiment “Merriest Wishes” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Cozy Christmas)

·   Snowflakes- hand cut from copy paper

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper à la Mode (December-Add Snow)
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes     (Outdoor Background)  
Beccy’s Place Challenge-December   
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!

This second card was also created during a recent blizzard. It features a sweet image from Di’s Digi and a free sentiment from TLC Creations.
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Dis Digis- (Hedgehogs Snowman Friend)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Inside Sentiment- TLC Creations Freebie (Warm Winter Wishes)

·   Snowflake paper- Hobby Lobby

·   Kraft photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #575-576 Anything Goes                   
Di’s Digi Stamps- Any Winter Holiday  
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #245
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday   Christmas
Outlawz Challenge- December 2022 Linky

One of my favorite challenges is named Snippets Playground because the sponsors/hosts are so sweet, plus I love that it encourages me to use the many scraps, i.e. snippets, that I just can’t stand to toss!  This card includes so many little bits and pieces of treasures from my stash. The current challenge is “Anything But Christmas” and I had fun using a template I found on Pinterest to make a patchwork-looking cat. I am not sure how I did it, but my feline turned out much, um… fluffier… than the template. (Maybe it should serve as a warning for me… since I really love holiday treats! I also love the sentiment on the inside of the card. It’s from one of my favorite sources of humorous- and free- sentiments.)
Supplies: 

·   Cat Scrap Template- Found on Pinterest HERE

·   Front Sentiment- Computer Generated

·   Inside Sentiment- Gingershouse.blogspot.com 5-14-17 (I got called ‘pretty’ today…)

·   Small paw print stickers-Hobby Lobby

·   Small heart stickers, scrap of ribbon and other items from my stash.

Entered Into:  Cat scrap template
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- December           
Patties Challenge- #201 Anything Goes (Dec)
Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge- Furry Thing Goes (#84 December)

7 comments:

  1. Now that IS a fun and very festive office door! Love the two cards you've posted on here too Kathy. Chuckled at your comment about your cat being "fluffier" than the original template!

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground! There’s a little tea party going on at the Playground Treehouse to use up the Christmas leftovers, so come and join us up there.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR to you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Happy New Year!!! Thank you for sharing your creation in the December challenge at Saturday Paper A La Mode Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great snippets card - love the 'fluffy cat'! Love your office door - I hope you got first prize?!

    Happy New Year
    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great door decoration! Thanks for sharing this with us at Twisted Thursday at The Outlawz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love youre card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Twisted Thursday Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. so great card!
    Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
    Hope to see you again! Good luck!
    Fiki Bad Kitty's Craft Room 🐱

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely display Kathy. What a wonderful idea to have a door decorating contest. Thank you for entering the Christmas and/or Movement Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!