Monday, November 28, 2022

myasperations 11-28-22

I love sweets and chocolate. So these cupcakes naturally speak to me! I paired them with festive colored papers so I could enter the card into the current challenge at The Paper Shelter. So fun! (Oh… and I wasn’t sure if pastels are bright enough to be considered as “Festive” so I did some google research. And they are! (Check HERE for the link.)  
Supplies: 

·   Digi- The Paper Shelter-(You're My Cuppy Cake)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- “Happy Birthday” Papercrafts Magazine Freebie (no longer available)

·   Inside Sentiment- “Have a Sweet Day” from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (One Fine Day)

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Ranger Glossy Accents (chocolate frosting. I bent it when adding foam tape. Hence, the "fold"!) 

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
The Paper Shelter- #535 Festive Colors
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #571-572 Anything Goes  
Di’s Digi Stamps- Load on Layers  
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #88 Polka Dots
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- November  
           
I also love snow… so snow people often show up on my cards. This friendly snow guy stands out (or should I say stands up?!) on an easy-to-make easel card. (PS- As I post this card we are in the middle of a winter storm. Heavy snows are forecast, with up to 5 inches of the white stuff within the next few hours, and the wind is supposed to pick up by mid-afternoon. So, I decided to make it an official snow day. I’ll work a few hours and then use some hours of PTO to spend the rest of the day in my craft room. Yay! Snow days still create as much excitement for me at they did 5-6 decades ago!)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- All Dressed Up (Snowy Days

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment “Let It Snow…” and Snowflake Stickers- JoAnnes Crafts

·   Inside Sentiment- “Wishing You a Jolly Good Holiday” from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Cozy Christmas)

·   Silver photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   Easel Card- Instructions found HERE  (I started with a vertical card base to add the height needed!)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
All Dressed Up FB Challenge- Nov Season’s Greetings     
All Dressed Up- #134 Anything Goes (November           
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Christmas and Shades of Blue)
Outlawz Challenge- November 2022 Linky
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #622 AG 
Rudolph Days Challenge- November 
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun! 

I discovered a feathery hair elastic in the clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby and just knew that it would provide some texture for this slightly cheeky flamingo from my collection of Beccy’s Place digis. Will be given to my Secret Santa at the office who loves all things flamingo!
 
Supplies: 

·   Digi and sentiments are from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Feathered Friends)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Palm Fronds (Trimmed from clear tags)- Hobby Lobby

·   Pink Feather Hair Elastic- Hobby Lobby Clearance Aisle

·   Sheer black dotted Swiss ribbon- JoAnne’s

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Allsorts Challenge- Week 704: Wings and/or Tails
Gem of a Challenge- Week #24 Anything Goes                              

16 comments:

  1. Oh yes! Chocolate and cupcakes! I'm sold! This is so adorable Kathy! Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter and for using one of our images!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful Flamingo tag, many thanks for sharing and joining in our 'Wings and Tails' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful easel card!

    Thanks for joining in at Festive Fridays Challenge!
    Val - DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous fun jolly snowman easel card, love the feather for your tag too!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {The Sisterhood}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun images on all of these cute creations. The feathery hair tie was such a great find and so perfect for the flamingo.
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge where it's all about wings and/or tails!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever use of the hair elastic for that very fun flamingo tag! Thank you for joining the Wings and/or Tails challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    What a wonderful card and such a great design too.
    Love that sweet snowman.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. All lovely makes. The flamingo tag is great fun x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous find, just perfect for your flamingo tail, thank you for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, thank you for joining our Festive Friday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous card and snowman Kathy. Thank you for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it, thanks for sharing it with us at the Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous projects Kathy, your colouring is awesome! I love the addition of the feathers on your last project and I'm certain your secret Santa will be thrilled to receive her gift. So cute!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute motives. I like the coloration. Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute birthday card! Thank you for joining our "Polka Dot" challenge over at Papercraft Challenges! Have a fabulous day and happy crafting, Maike

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute snowman card love how you coloured him thanks for sharing at All Dressed Up

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!