Tuesday, November 22, 2022

myasperations 11-22-22

I had fun making this card with a sweet digi from The Paper Shelter, upcycled Hershey’s Kiss wrappers/tags, a few sentiments and other items from my stash. So fun!     
I’m entering this card into several challenges including the Path Of Positivity’s- “Celebrate the Simple Things in Life” (this time of the year, as winter sets in, one of my favorite things is to enjoy a mug of hot chocolate at the end of a long day. Sometimes with a titch of peppermint schnapps added to the mug, and/or a few Hershey’s kisses. Ahhhh, heaven!)  
Supplies: 
·   Digi- The Paper Shelter Digi Set (Cocoa Jacuzzi)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Front Sentiment- “Mugs & Kisses” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cheers)
·   Inside Sentiment-Freebie from LoveSVG (All Hearts Come Home)
·   Puffy Heart Stickers- Stickos
·   Paper doily, patterned paper, Hershey’s Kiss foil/tags, and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
The Paper Shelter- #534 Red, Black and White
Double D’s Challenge- Hot Beverages  
Outlawz ChallengeTwisted Thursday Anything Goes
         Since I’m a DT for QKR/Stamp On It (one of the sponsors), please don’t include me in the draw for their prize!
Jan’s Digi Stamps- November 2022 Anything Goes    
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #106 (Celebrate the Simple Things in Life)  

I love November, partly because that is when Beccy Muir at Beccy’s Place hosts her Annual Month of Holiday Cards Challenge. Each day, Beccy provides a theme (most based on the letters of the alphabet) and invites participants to create cards for ANY holiday using images from ANY company. And… she offers several prizes on a daily and weekly basis. So there is no reason not to get involved!
I wanted to make a card using Beccy’s digis, but also one I could enter into the Pixie's Snippets challenge. I love that this challenge encourages me to use the scraps, i.e. snippets, that I just can’t stand to toss! I enlarged the digi to fit the front of an A-2 sized card front (being able to change the size of digis is one of the reasons I prefer using them these days!) After fussy-cutting the letters J-O-Y from the sentiment, I positioned bits and pieces of patterned papers, and scraps of ribbon to fill each open space in crazy-quilt-type patterns. (Note- I like picking up boxed sets of cards/envelopes at Hobby Lobby whenever I find them on sale. These cards have white interiors and wonderful patterns on both the front and back. Since I hate to waste patterned papers. I cut them along the fold, and the box of 50 cards provides me with twice that many A2-sized card fronts, or even more bookmarks, gift tags, etc. I fussy-cut several of the little gingerbread cookies from one of the patterned papers to create embellishments for the card.)
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Sunday Challenge “ The Little Christmas Carolers” (when I was a child, I  remember that I loved wearing a warm, tartan plaid cape/coat, which would have been a perfect caroling outfit. Ahhh, if only I didn’t sound like a howling cat when I try to sing!!)  
                           
                
Supplies: 

·   Front Sentiment “Christmas Joy” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Tied Up With String)

·   Inside Sentiment- “Make It Merry” from Beccy’s Place Digital set (Here Comes Christmas).

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Christmas Basics Boxed Cards- Hobby Lobby (now 60% off in their Christmas section!)

·   Plaid Boxed Cards- Hobby Lobby 

·   Red A2 Card with Heart Border, Kraft envelope,  and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun! 
Snippets- Week #441
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- November             
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- The Little Christmas Carolers
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Christmas Sentiments  
Outlawz Challenge- November 2022 Linky

16 comments:

  1. I just love that adorable image, Kathy. Very clever details, too. So glad you've joined our Red, Black and White challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck on your entry and we hope to see you again. Have a lovely day. Hugs, Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, my sweet tooth, Kathy! Hot Cocoa, chocolate and gingerbread... Thank you for sharing your scrumptious creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little guy looks like he's living the dream Kathy, what a cutie! The sunglasses are a hoot. Love the Hershey wrappers you used. I'm always impressed by other crafters who are willing to sacrifice their appetite for their craft. That's dedication Kathy ;)
    Your crazy quilting is awesome, I love the mix of colours and patterns. Great idea to cut out the letters, it's nice to see different ways of using the stamps.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas joy AND a mug of cocoa in one post - what’s not to love?

    Two super cards Kathy. Thanks for entering the second one into the Snippets Playground. Please come up to the Treehouse to nab a nice mug of hot chocolate after all your hard work. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card Connie - and perfect use of snippets too! Lovely work!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, ahhh, that hot chocolate sounds amazing! Such a cute card with the Hershey wrappers! How fun is that! Wonderful sentiment, also! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Kathy - I called you Connie by mistake. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for entering the Twisted Thursdays Anything Goes challenge at https://theoutlawzchallenges-thursday.com

    The Outlawz Twisted Thursdays Challenges. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next fun Anything Goes Challenge with optional twist.

    Happy crafting,

    Angela

    https://outlawzchallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card! Thanks so much for entering our Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges.
    Cara, The Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge Design Team
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cards - and especially the cocoa sentiment! Thank you for sharing with Outlawz Songs and Rhymes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to chuckle when I saw the foil from the chocolate. What a hoot. Thanks for joining in the fun at the Double D Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well aren't you clever using the foil from the Hershey kisses! Awesome creation my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so adorable and the foil is a great touch! So glad you joined us at Jan's Digi Stamp Challenge! Donna T

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful one. Thank you for participating at Jans digital stamp challenge blog.
    Asha
    DT member

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not sure which card you have entered to our challenge as I don't see a link under either card. Thank you for entering the Christmas and/or Movement Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suze, thanks for alerting me to this oops! I meant to enter the one with the digi from The Paper Shelter. I did just add that into my blog. Sorry about that. I think I was a little preoccupied with the upcoming holiday because I REALLY like mashed potatoes, turkey, and pumpkin pie!

      Delete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!