Friday, July 29, 2022

myasperations 7-29-22

Earlier this year, I stumbled upon a Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers group {BYSHC} on FB and just had to join. They offer a monthly sketch challenge, plus host other challenges and events during the year. This week is their 2022 Christmas in July Linky Party and I spent some time happily creating in my craft room. Here are my first few entrees made with adorable little digis from 2 Cute Ink.  
I love the smiley “Celebration Penguin” digi, and easily turned it into a Christmas image by using red and green color scheme and replacing his party hat with a Santa Cap!  So fun!
Supplies: 

·   Digi- 2cuteink (Celebration Penguin)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- “Merry Christmas” label from my scrapbook stash

·   Inside Sentiment- “Wishing you all the hope…” from We Are 3 Christmas Set  HERE.

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Sparkly Santa Hat- upcycled from old greeting card

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  

This second card turned out much differently than I had planned… but I kinda like it! After coloring the image with chalks, I added a bit of texture by bouncing the tip of a blender pen atop the chalked image. I had planned to use the entire digi but a few major ink smears on the lower part of the birdie meant that I needed to trim it down to just his round body. I repurposed the card for Christmas by removing the party hat and covered the cupcake with a little NOEL sticker. To make it look like he is holding the sentiment close, I  trimmed around the tips of his wings with an X-acto blade, and  slid the sticker  under them,
I planned to perch a Santa hat on his head, until I found the little tan feather quite by accident. I had grabbed a pillow to elevate my left leg (following hip replacement surgery) and something poked me through the casing. I grabbed a tweezer and pulled out this wonderful feather that was just begging to added to this little guys topknot.
Supplies: 

·   Digi- 2cuteink (Cupcake Birdie)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment “Noel” label from my scrapbook stash

·   Inside Sentiment- TlcCreations Freebie (Christmas a Time to make Magic) No longer available

·   Sparkly Santa Hat- upcycled from old greeting card

·   Patterned Paper, cardstock, vellum, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge- Week #29 Anything Goes  
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- July                        
Patties Challenge- #196 Anything Goes (July)
Paper Funday#43 ATG

My last card for this post is also for this week’s 2022 Christmas in July Linky Party. It features a digi and sentiment from Polka Dot Orchard digi sets. I decided to use a non-traditional color scheme with a retro feeling. Shades of pink, orange and lime green remind me of brightly wrapped packages under our family tree back in the 60’s.  So fun!
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Polka Dot Orchard Digi Set (Gnome Talkie Before Coffee)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- Polka Dot Orchard Digi Set (Merry Little Coffee)

·   Inside Sentiment- “Wishing you all the hope…” from We Are 3 Christmas Set HERE.

·   Mini Poinsettia paper scrap- used to create photo corners

·   Cardstock, patterned paper, scrap of vellum and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  

7 comments:

  1. Fun cards. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came by just to tell you how cute the coffee gnome card is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun and Playful Holiday creations, Kathy! Thank you for sharing your cute cards with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Hope you will join us each month for a NEW challenge. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute cards and images!! Thank you for joining our challenges at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}
    {The Sisterhood}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!