Thursday, July 14, 2022

myasperations 7-14-22

Heading to my post-op appointment shortly. Feeling a little better everyday, so am hoping the Othropeadic surgeon will allow me to return to work at least remotely for a few weeks. I have lots to get done before the next school year hits... which is right around the corner. Yikes!!  Thanks for your prayers this last month. Both my caregiver hubby, and I, appreciated that support so very much. 

This is my second entry for the Lift Challenge, which includes an unusual concept called “hitchhiking.” The current challenge is “Make a frame with inks and stamps on it, on it a white image…you do not have to use a flower, but of course the choice is yours.“ Since we are in the midst of summer weddings, I used a wonderful image from All Dressed Up and created the background with assorted ink pads and sponges, plus a few spritzes of rubbing alcohol from a small spray bottle.  A scattering of small stars were added with a sparkly silver gel pen, and a “stencil” made with a start punch provided an outline for adding stars with a white gel pen. I wanted to add a bit of antique beauty to the card, and a small piece of vintage lace from my sweet Mom’s stash is the perfect fit!
I'm entering my card into several challenges including ADU FB challenge: Holidays (the goal was to create a card to represent any holiday. Although a wedding might not classify, I personally feel that the annual celebration of that wedding, aka the Anniversary, fits the requirement. My sweet hubby and I celebrate our 45th Wedding Anniversary in a few months and we consider it to be as special as most of the "calendar holidays' in our lives!
Supplies: 

·   Digi- All Dressed Up Digital Stamp (Over the Moon)

·   Colored with assorted ink pads, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated using my Word program and a font named Edwardian Script ITC.

·   White card stock, scraps of silver metallic card stock and antique lace, plus other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Lift Challenge- Elevator Challenge #171 (sponging within a frame and white image)
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #110 Make it Monochrome
All Dressed Up FB Challenge- July Holidays                                  

I haven’t used a Ching-Chou Kuik digi for a while, and this one, named “hello Dragonfly” caught my eye. I opted for a pastel color scheme with lots of bling and the whimsical addition of vellum scraps create lovely translucent wings. So pretty!
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Ching Chou Kuik (Hello Dragonfly)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Elegant Gold Photo Corner

·   Inside Sentiment- Upcycled from an old greeting card

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Ornate Gold photo corners Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Center Of Flowers- Pearls (Buttercup)

·   Nuvo Drops in various colors, assorted Stickles plus other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Ching-Chou Kuik's FB Challenge- [FB] (Anything Goes-July)  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #551-552 Anything Goes                   
Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge- Week #27 Anything Goes  

In April, I stumbled upon a Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers group {BYSHC}, which was new to me. They also hosted the Spring into Christmas 2022 Linky Party, with some fine prizes. So… I entered a few cards through the week and was thrilled to win a prize from one of their blogspot sponsors, named “Fresh and Renewed with Teresa.” I loved that Teresa’s prize packets were jammed full with all kinds of treasures. My schedule has been super busy since that party, so it was fun to finally get a chance to use a few of the prize items to create an entry into BYSHC’s July monthly Sketch challenge.  (Since there are a few weeks left in this challenge, I hope to create more entries as this sketch was super easy to use!)
PS the BYSHC 2022 Christmas in July Linky Party runs from  July 22-29. For details, stop by the blog in the next few days.

Supplies: 
·   Snowman tag- from Teresa’s Prize package.

·   Sentiment tags (front and inside) from my scrapbook stash.

·   Patterned paper- from my stash.

·   Little Santa on inside of card upcycled from a thank you card.

·   Sheer black dotted Swiss ribbon- JoAnne’s

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge FB- #24 July 2022  
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #602 AG (optional-For Man or Boy)
Di’s Digi Stamps- #602Christmas in July  
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- Patterned Papers 
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- July                        

 

6 comments:

  1. So nice to see that you are an enthousiastic participant! The romantic theme is so nice and the couple on the moon also. Lovely background.
    I can understand that the translation of lifting would be hitchhiking, I believe that in the USA it is called... a take on a card? Anyway, thanks very much for joining us for your second take!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection of cards. Your Christmas design is very sweet and uses patterned papers well. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wetting card - very elegant.

    Thanks for joining us at the Scribbles Designs Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bridal couple is so cute Kathy! I love the dreamy background and the little veil! Thank you for joining us at the liftchallenge. (in this challenge we mean 'lift' as in steal or copy a design, not hitchhiking ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards and congrats on the win! Thanks for playing along at Christmas Craft Creations and good luck winning one of our 3 great prizes! Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lifting is something as;
    You are inspired by other people's ideas, and you make your own version, but you still recognize the basics well.
    But it's nice to see your take of our liftcard and see how creative you are. Thank you so much for joining us at the Liftchallenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!