Friday, July 22, 2022

myasperations 7-22-22

Sorry, but today's blog is postponed. Mainly because of old age (heh heh!) 
Allow me to explain-It's been almost a month since I had hip replacement surgery, and my recovery was going pretty well. Actually, it WAS going well, until... well... My Doctor had told me to take it easy. I now realize that I don't quite know what that means! On Monday, I had planned to work 4 hours, but ended up being at the office for 7 hours. Took Tuesday off... and then again on Thursday it was late afternoon when I stumbled/drug my walker to the car. I mumbled, "I'm having trouble with the concept of 'take it easy'?" My usually sweet hubby snorted and said sarcastically "Ya think?!"
I figured a good night's sleep would settle things down. But this AM when I attempted to pull myself upright from bed,  my body said "NOPE!” I was so stiff and sore that I had difficulty even using my walker! Ack!
So, I spent the day resting (one side effect of pain pills for me.)
Am sure I’ll be okay tomorrow. And will have the weekend to recoup before I try working again next week. But this time it will be in 3-hour segments. Getting old is so fun!
Please stop back later to check out a few fun cards I've made with a new digi set from Beccy's Place! 


1 comment:

  1. Feel better Kathy, tossing speedy recovery wishes your way.

    I had my hip replaced last year, I pushed to hard also, and ended up regretting it. Listen to your doctor and body, Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!