I wanted to make another card to enter in the Simon Says Monday ChallengeI’m entering this card into several challenges including NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff!) because I’ve had the digital image AND toy truck wheel in my stash for some time and have not used either until this weekend. I love the results and think I’ll be using them again when I need a card for boys of ALL ages!)
· Digi- Bugaboo (Monster Truck)
· Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen and silver gel pen
· Front Sentiment- “Say Yes to New Adventures”- Beccy’s Place (Smooth Seas)
· Inside Sentiment- “Happy Birthday”- We Are 3 Birthday Sentiments found HERE.
· Assorted cardstock and upcycled calendar page from my stash
· Scrap of clear acetate, black foam sheet, and silver brads from my stash
· Upcycled silver liner from a can of coffee (to make punched exhaust stack)
· Mini paper punch and foam tape
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge #641 Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge
Bugaboo Stamps- July Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- BirthdayNBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff!)- Challenge #16
A few months ago I stumbled upon a Stamp company named Impression Obsession. They offer wonderfully details scenic stamps, plus critters, gnomes, humor, and more! I especially enjoyed the freebies dedicated to the recent “Safe at Home” campaign. But they have lots of other freebies. This one named “In Times Like These” speaks to my soul right now. Wouldn’t you just love to be lounging on a beach somewhere? Ahhh, heaven! I made this easel card to enter into the wecraftcards Forum SUN-BINGO challenge (it features the last column- fun fold, crab, and chair.) I added the hibiscus flowers, fussy-cut from patterned paper so that I could enter the card into the current challenge at Impression Obsession. (I wasn’t sure if hibiscus qualified as “summer flowers” since I thought of them as tropical where they’d grow year-round. So, I did a little googling and was surprised to see that they are grown in gardens and pots all across the USA, even as far north as Wisconsin. I might need to try one on our front patio!) Also, I wasn’t sure how I’d create the look of ocean waves. But… it was super easy to do. After coloring the ocean with various shades of blue, I used my beloved white gel pen to scribble across the tops of the waves breaking over the beach. I did just an inch at a time, and before the ink dried, pulled it from the top to the bottom, creating the wonderful variegated coloring that added realism and depth to the waves. When I finished with the entire line of waves, I went back and added some additional white pen scribbles to the top of a few of the waves to add more drama. The white pen also helped add highlights and spots to the little crab and make his eyes more visible. Easy peasy!
· Digi with sentiment- Impression Obsession Stamps (Freebie-In Times Like These)
· Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
· Instructions for Easel Card can be found HERE
· Inside sentiment- WinkWinkWink freebie “Wishing You a Happy Day.”
· Crab image- Biblical Impressions (Large Hermit Crab)
· Assorted cardstock from my stash
· Hibiscus flowers and foliage fussy-cut from patterned paper
Impression Obsession Challenge- Summer Flowers
2craftycrittercrazies Challenge- July 2020 #40
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Bright and Cheerful
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #513 (Optional twist- Time to Relax)
Since I’m a DT for Sheepski, I’m entering this challenge for fun!
When cleaning my craft room this weekend I found a box containing dozens of partially finished cards, plus odds and ends of items that needed repairs before I could use them. (I am such a packrat!) This wonderful PSX Sentiment was on a scrap of cardstock with inky fingerprint smudges very close a few of the words. I rescued the sentiment by fussy-cutting and adhering it to a punched circle. A scrap of embossed Kraft cardstock, flowers (made with a scrapbook template), and an upcycled rich brown ribbon (from a Godiva Chocolate box) finish the card.
· Front Sentiment “Treasure to God”- PSX Stamps (retired)
· Brown satin ribbon, embossed kraft cardstock and assorted paper scraps from my stash
· 2½ inch circle punch- Stampin Up!
· Flower template from my scrapbook stash
· Embossing Folder- Cuddlebug Decorative Tile Set (retired)
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #446-447 Anything Goes
Pattie's Creations Challenge- #172 Anything Goes
A Perfect Time to Craft 2020-Anything Goes- July Challenge #7-2020