Tuesday, June 4, 2024

myasperations 6-4-24a

    I was the random winner at a recent challenge at The Paper Shelter (TPS). I had fun picking digis; this is a perfect fit for the current challenge: Fantasy or Fairy Tale Characters. One of the things that I appreciate about TPS digis is that most of them include a background scene or collage to compliment its digi. I wanted to highlight the mermaid and the heart-shaped bubbles she is blowing to the dumbstruck diver, so I enlarged her image (head and hand) and two heart bubbles. After coloring, fussy-cutting,  and positioning them along the bottom of the card, the beautiful maid IS the center of attention! (One thing that helped me to make this change is that the digi set includes a few scrapbook layout pages. One of them allowed me to print off just the right portion of the scene, which included the pre-colored diver. I resized it to fit the card front and added highlights and shadows to the awestruck diver. It required a bit more work than just using the regular layout, but if you follow my blog, you'll know that I do love fussy-cutting!) 
 
Supplies: 

·   Digi and Backgroun from set from The Paper Shelter (Enchanted Ocean)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Glossy Accents- used to create bubbles and to add “glass” to the divers helmet.

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge: June-Aqua  (optional rainbow)       
Time Out Challenge- #264 Magical    

     This Purr-thday card is for a friend who loved all things feline! It features a digi from Polkadoodles that overflows with them! (I remember when I was a young child and our house/family cat had a litter of five little fur balls! They were so cute… but quickly grew into bigger balls of energy and mischief! (I once looked for what a group of cats is called, and www.veterinarians.org provided several that resonated with me: a “clowder of cats”, “cluster of cats”, “glaring of cats”, “destruction of cats”… and my favorite… a “pounce of cats!”)
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Polkadoodles (Cute Cats and Kittens)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiment- “Happy Purr-thday” and “You’re so sweet” from Imagine That  (company no longer in business

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #231
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #742: Add a Sentiment
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #673 
Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge- Furry Thing Goes- #101 June 
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #22 AG     
                                      
     This card features a digi which is a freebie from Sylvia Zet, Illustrator/designer for Wee Stamps. (It appears that her shop is temporarily closed, but she offers 8 additional  freebies on her blog HERE and 5of her digis are sold at Whimsy stamps HERE.)
     I’m entering my card into several challenges including Outlawz Monday Greeting: Happy Birthday with Add some sparkle! (My card features a birthday card for Baby Jesus… and includes the Sparkle of stars!) and Park Hopping-My Happy Place (This is one of my favorite challenges as it’s introduced me to many new amusement parks. One named Santa’s Village, includes a historic St Nicolas Chapel, plus a stable and life-size nativity that reflect the true meaning of Christmas. I also found that Branson Mo features a theater production of the nativity, the Miracle of Christmas, and there are several family fun parks close by!)   
Supplies: 
·   Digi- A freebie Sylvia Zet (The Little Lord Jesus)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (Jesus is the Reason for the Season) Currently not available

·   Inside Sentiment- “May Peace be your gift…” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Poinsettia)

·   3-D star stickers, patterned paper and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge (Happy Birthday: Add some sparkle!)
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz ChallengeJune 2024 Linky
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #649-650
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (June

9 comments:

  1. Super design and images, love this card and insert. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwh!! They are so sweet....GORgeous colours too.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Kathy - fun use of the mermaid and hearts :)
    The cats are so cute- my boy is a caramel cat - and a bit of a chonkasaurus with his winter coat on!
    A lovely nativity once more - love how you keep Christ front and centre of your cards
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! Although you entered the Christmas card, the cat card is my favorite; I have a soft spot for kitties. Thanks for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Have a great week! 🎨🎢✨ Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring and a wonderful Valentine's Day card for our Magical challenge at Time Out. Thank you for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy! Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my gold floral card in my blog. If you end up trying the technique, do let me know -I'd love to see the results! Have a fun, crafty weekend! Hugs, Nonni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful creation. Thanks for entering you card at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
    Das een hele mooie creatie. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
    Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

    Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
    You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
    Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
    Challenge blogs:
    Girlz Creative Christmas 
    Girlz makes Guyz Cards
    Girlz creative crafts
    Creative sketchy girls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. quelle charmante et paisible création Kathy, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Challenge, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!