Monday, June 10, 2024

myasperations 6-10-24

      The current challenge at The Paper Shelter is a yummy one- CHOCOLATE! This is my second entry, the chocolate is a yummy cupcake. I added balloons and some bling so I can enter the card into the current Inspiration Station Challenge (see photo inspiration). The sentiment on the inside is upcycled from an old card.  I attempted to add texture to the straw hat using the same technique I use to make sweaters, scarves, hats, etc. look knitted. Hmmmm. I ended up with a knitted straw colored hat! Oh well, it does look comfy, right?
      I’m entering this card into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (My card features many items that are part of the fun on theme parks, including yummy treats and balloons. But the sentiment “Make a Wish” also reflects the fact that visiting a theme park like Disney, Universal Studios, etc.  is a frequent wish for most children/teens… and also many of us adults!), and Colorful Options Monthly Challenge (My card features a pastel rainbow on the front, and brightly colored sentiment rainbow on the inside.)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- from The Paper Shelter (Cupcake Birthday)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiments- “Make a Wish” Freebie from Papercraftsmagazine.com (no longer available) 

·   Inside sentiment is upcycled from an old card 

·   Stickles- Diamonds and Stardust versions (to add some bling.)

·   Patterned paper and other items from my stash.
Entered into: 
The Paper Shelter- #599- Chocolate
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- Anything Goes
Outlawz ChallengeJune 2024 Linky
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (June               
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge: June-Aqua  (optional rainbow)      

Where I live, June is declared “Dairy Month.” Since I love ice cream, I really enjoy celebrating
a month when it is ON SALE!! This card features an adorable little bear cub (who also appears
to love ice cream).
Supplies: 
·   Digi and Sentiment-“Life is Short…”” from  Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Beary Delicious)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Decorative Chalks and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #651-652
Di’s Digi Stamps- Furry Friends
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #23 AG                                          
Beccy’s Place Challenge- June   
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun! 

The hardest part of making this card this fun origami Father’s Day Card was picking out the
paper to use. I found instructions on Pinterest that helped me work through the folds of
it's construction. (The template I used appears to have been removed, however, just search for
"Origami Shirt and Tie" and you'll find many tutorials and templates to chose from.) 
 
Supplies: 
·   Origami Shirt Tutorial found on Pinterest (there are many to choose from!) 
·   Tie Tack- Star Sticker from Hobby Lobby
·   Front Sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (Happy Fathers Day) Currently not available
·   Inside Sentiment- Freebie from The Girl Creative-Father's Day (Blessed as can be…)
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Paper Funday- #66 Anything Goes      (Optional Twist: Fancy Folds)
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Father's Day)

11 comments:

  1. What a sweet image that wee girl is Kathy, and a gorgeous card using her
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Kathy, love the colouring on your first two. I think the pattern you added to the hat looks awesome, and I love the soft shades you chose for the little bear. The shirt fold card is a great idea for Father's Day and masculine cards... the striped paper was the perfect choice!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little birthday girl with her delicious cupcake! Great glow around the candle flame!! Thanks for sharing with us at Twisted Thursday! Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are wonderful, your coloring of the birthday girl is perfect. And way to go on recycling the Happy Birthday sentiment! Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards. Love your colors. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the origami fold-very cool! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the shirt card is clever and a fantastic card for Father's Day! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What cute cards. I LOVE the fun fathers day card you created. That design ROCKS. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love that shirt, makes me think of my Dad! Thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge, have a nice day.

    Leanne DT Member/CIC

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't keep up with you Kathy, you are so prolific with your card making. Your girly party card is wonderful, she really pops off the page. I love your ice cream bear, he is adorable in the pale colours. A super shirt fold card too. Amazing makes as always. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable birthday card! Thank you for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge this month! ~Alexandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!