Tuesday, June 4, 2024

myasperations 6-4-24

      This yummy card is for the current challenge at The Paper Shelter: Fantasy or Fairy Tale Characters. The sweet little elf (or maybe a pixie) is from a fantasy world… as is that fabulous ice cream creation. And since I love Bing cherries, the “final touch” is perfect. (It is also the name of this fun digi). So fun!
    I’m entering my card into several challenges including Time Out: Magical (the elf/pixie does magic with ice cream!), Cupcake Inspirations: Color trio (my card include lots of yellow, some shouts of red, and an undertone of light blue in the background paper), and The Four Seasons: Anything Summer (I’m not a popsicle girl, but I LOVE ice cream, especially during the summer. Last summer I heard the wonderful tune from an ice-cream truck coming down our street and immediately ran to the door! Although I hadn’t heard one since the 1960s they always speak SUMMER to me. And the bomb pop I spent my "allowance" on was heavenly!)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- The Paper Shelter (The Final Touch)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiment (split in half- Freebie from gingershouse.blogspot.com (I scream You scream…)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Time Out Challenge- #264 Magical       
Cupcake Inspirations- #595 Color  Theme Challenge  (Red, Yellow, Blue)  
The Four Seasons Challenge- Anything Summer  (June 2024)  

     My stash of birthday cards is running low, so am making a few when I have the time. This one features candles upcycled from an old card, plus a freebie I’ve had it my digi collection for so many years that is appears to no longer be available!
Supplies: 

·   Sentiment Digi- Freebie from Birdie Brown (Make a Wish) Sadly no longer available

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Candles upcycled from an old card (I added glitter to several of them. Birthdays need a bit a bling!)

·   Inside Sentiment- Polka Dot Orchard Digi Set (Younger Than Tomorrow)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Di’s Digi Stamps- Sparkle and/or Shine
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge (Happy Birthday: Add some sparkle!)

     This card features a digi of sweet baby Jesus from one of artist Beccy Muir’s wonderful sets. I wanted to add a bit of bling and texture to the card… which was easy once I raided my stash. I haven’t used embroidery floss since a very short endeavor into Cross Stitch. (You can learn more  if you read about the final card on THIS POST from last week's blog. It is a fairly funny memory!)  I also found a square of burlap in one of my cubby holes, I pulled some of the threads to create fringe, and used it to "frame" the sentiment. (Also, I used Glossy Accents to attach the faceted stars and didn't notice a small drop of it on Jesus' soft cheek until I reviewed the photos. The drop resembled a little shiny teardrop, and my heart softened as I thought of all that Mary and Joseph endured on that first Christmas over 2000 years ago. Following such a stressful and exhausting trial, they surely cried tears of JOY when they could finally hold their newborn son... the promised Messiah! 
     I’m entering my card into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (This is one of my favorite challenges as it’s introduced me to many new amusement parks. I’ve entered several Christmas cards into this challenge that held a Santa theme and was excited that one of them, Santa’s Village, includes a historic St Nicolas Chapel, plus a stable and life-size nativity to provide the true meaning of Christmas. I also found that Branson Mo features a theater production of the nativity, the Miracle of Christmas, and several family fun parks are nearby. Find them HERE, type “theme park” into the search bar. One called “Fritz’s Adventure" makes me want to head there NOW!)  
Supplies: 
·   Digi- from a Beccy’s Place Clear Stamp Set (Lamb of God)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (Jesus is the Reason for the Season)  Currently not available

·   Inside Sentiment-“May Peace be your gift…” from  Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Poinsettia)

·   3-D star stickers, embroidery thread, patterned paper and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Beccy’s Place Challenge- June   Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #742: Add a Sentiment
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #649-650
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (June
Allsorts Challenge- Week 783: Lots of Layers (Option AG)
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz ChallengeJune 2024 Linky

17 comments:

  1. A colourful post Kathy, thanks for sharing the Christmas card with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards Kathy, and beautiful colouring as always. I love your choice of bright and happy colours, they make everything look even more festive and fun.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful trio of cards Kathy - love the elf one :) I heard an ice cream truck the other day - the first time for years!
    A fun birthday card, and great recycling
    The illustration of the nativity is so sweet, and I love the burlap behind the sentiment
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these cards are absolutely fantastic! Love the addition of the stitching & burlap!! There have been 3 religious theme parks in the US: The Holy Land Experience (Orland 2000-2020), Holy Land, USA (Connecticut, 1955-1984,reopened 2014), Bible Land (California 1964-1994). There is also a religious park in Argentina: Tierra Santa; which, I believe is still open. As always, thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place! 🎨🎢✨ Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Makira, for the info on the additional parks! I'll check them out... online! (And if any end up on my bucket list, who knows. Maybe one day in real life!) .

      Delete
  5. Cute card. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, I really like the cute image you have used. All your cards are so beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great assortment of beautiful cards, Kathy. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts with that wonderful Christmas card. Such a great idea to add stitching to the blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy card, oh now I want something sweet. Great job.
    Have a nice day.

    Leanne DT Member/CICCupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards, Kathy. I always love ice cream so that goes without saying. Thanks for sharing that with us at The Four Seasons. I actually like each of your cards you've posted here. I thank you also for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. Your art is always a treat and I appreciate you so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What cute cards. I love the fun ice cream one. That image is adorable!!! Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun ice cream card! Thank you for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Summer Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your cards are so sweet and so different, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many thanks for sharing this lovely card in our challenge at Passion for Markers this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello there, what a wonderful selection of cards you have made and that's a really sweet card you have entered into our Passion for Markers challenge. Please accept my apologies for being tardy with my commenting and we hope to see you again - Sarah, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!