Tuesday, June 18, 2024

myasperations 6-18-24

      I love coffee and all things Christmas… so the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge is a fav of mine. This month the theme is Coffee and Masculine. I used a free coloring sheet digi (see supplies list for web link)  and adorable Batman with coffee digi to create a New Years/Winter Holiday card.
     I’m entering this card into several other “masculine themed” challenges (although this fun card would be enjoyed by both coffee and Batman fans of any gender).  
Supplies: 

·   Large Sentiment digi - A freebie from Sarah Renae Clark (Happy New Year)

·   Batman Digi- Craftin Desert Diva's (Coffee Hero) Company no longer in Business

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Inside Sentiment- Freebie from deonnawade.com (But first Coffee)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge- April #30 Coffee and Masculine  
Cupcake Inspirations- #596 Theme Challenge  (For the Guys)  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Masculine
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #674 (Optional twist- Make It Masculine 
Allsorts Challenge- Week 785: Masculine (Option AG)
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #107 For the Boys

     This sweet card is my first entry into Sweet November Stamp‘s monthly FB challenge. After printing and coloring the cute Fairwee Junie digi, I trimmed her from the cardstock, gently clipping off her wings. I traced the wings onto scraps of vellum, adding some length to the “insides” of the wings that allowed me to easily tape them to Junie’s back. I trimmed a scrap of a blue plastic index divider sheet to sketch sunglasses that would fit on her sweet face. (If you follow my blog you’ll know I use these wonderful items often. Sometimes called document file folders, they come in a pack of assorted colors and can be found in the office supply section of most stores. They're cheaper than colored vellum and more translucent. Punches and dies don’t work on these sheets, but they are easy to fussy cut with a sharp pair of scissors, and you can trace shapes onto them with a permanent fine line marker.)
     After cutting the sunglasses from the plastic sheet, I used pink liquid pearls to add texture to the frames (although, for some reason, they turned out lumpy. Ack!) After adhering Junie to the beach scene, I lightly colored her wings with light pink marker and then dotted  them with Stickles, accentuating the pink coloring (which was my hope!) I also printed off an extra set of flip-flops from the sentiment, colored and fussy-cut them before sliding them into the "sand" by her feet. Truly, there is no feelin' like kicking off your flip-flops and wiggling your toes down into the cool sand. Ahhhh, summer fun! 
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including Path Of Positivity Challenge: Power of Words (my card fits into the theme of Dreams/Goals, as one of my dreams is to live on the beach, wearing flip-flops or relaxing with my toes in the sand!) and Outlawz- Tuesday Color Challenge (I colored the flip-flops in pink, yellow and teal!)   

Supplies: 
·   Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Fairwee Junie)

·   Background scene upcycled from an old calendar

·   Front Sentiment from Imagine That! (Company no longer in Business)

·   Sunglasses made with Liquid Pearls and blue plastic index divider sheet

·   Stickles- Diamonds and Stardust versions (to add some bling.)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Friends of Sweet November (FB) June (AG/Summer)  
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Where are the Fairies?   
The Four Seasons Challenge- Anything Summer  (June 2024 
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #122  Power of Words: Dreams/Goals 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #651-652
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #744: Summer
Paper Funday- #66 Anything Goes  
Outlawz- Tuesday Color Challenge- Use Three Colors (optional- at the beach )   

     I had fun creating this card for the current Colorful Options Monthly Challenge: Aqua. A friend recently gifted me a 6x6 Not2Shabby paper pack filled with watercolor backgrounds and two pages of adorable pre-colored sea turtles. The colors of the turtles and background papers were a perfect fit for this challenge, so I got busy fussy cutting the turts from two of the sheets, and then punching/cutting circles of assorted sizes from the scraps left behind. The hardest part of making the card was positioning the little turt and an explosion of circles on an A2-sized piece of pretty aqua cardstock so that it looked like the happy cutie was creating a “wake of bubbles” as he skimmed through the ocean depths.
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (This is one of my favorite challenges as it’s introduced me to many new amusement parks. I found one that features a fun assortment of rides for young children including a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle roller coaster. It’s in the Mall or America in Minneapolis, which I've visited several times, so I can attest that the screams and giggles from hundreds of happy kiddos can be heard all through the multi-story shopping center!) and another favorite, Snippets (which helps me to use up some of the many little bits and bobs of papers that I just can't stand to throw away.  I was excited to get 40 circles from the scraps I trimmed from the paper that held 8 of these cuties. It was fun to see the card come together one "bubble" at a time... and end up even better than I had imagined!)    

Supplies: 
·   Sentiment and pre-colored Turtle Digi from Not2Shabby paper pack (Watercolor Cuties)  
·   Assorted circle punches and circle template from my scrapbook stash.
·   Glossy Accents-to add “watery swooshes and droplets to circles and turtle
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge: June-Aqua  (optional rainbow)       
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (JuneNickelodeon at the Mall of America in MN 
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #232
Snippets- Week #482
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- Anything Goes
Outlawz ChallengeJune 2024 Linky
Not2Shabby Monthly Challenge- June Mood Board 

19 comments:

  1. Cute Masculine coffee card! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun card for our current Allsorts challenge, many thanks for sharing and following the masculine option.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for entering the cute turtle card as your Snippets Playground homework. 40 bubbles was going some!!!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful trio of cards Kathy - I think they are all gorgeous!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with that precious little beach fairy, I'm in flip flops unless I'm with horses! Truth be told...sometimes I wear them to the barn; don't tell anyone! hahaha She is adorable sitting there in the sand with her fun glasses! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun New Year card- a perfect background design for your coffee -drinking Batman! Thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely collection of cards. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week with your first card, using the Masculine option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun cards. I LOVE the first one with that adorable digital image. Great design. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of these cards are absolutely adorable! Love the little girl in flip flops. Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place.
    Cheers, 🎨 🌈🎢✨ Makira
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
    https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your "turt" it has such a smiley happy face. I see what you mean about cutting out all of the circles but the result is stunning. Such a clever use of DP the effect is fantastic.Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Colorful Options.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG what adorable cards! Loved them all! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great set of cards, I love the little fairy and her 3-D glasses. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've done it again! More fabulous work, love the batman new year card, the little girl and her fab sunglasses pop off the page and could be a photo. Love it. The turtle card is another amazing make. Love all 3 of them Kathy. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great snippets card Kathy! Love the darling turtle swimming through the bubbles - sweet!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fabulous summertime card for our challenge at Passion for Markers, thank you so much for joining us there.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh she looks like she is having a lovely time on the beach i wish I was sat next to her. Thanks for sharing at Passion For Markers

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there, what a wonderful collection of cards - and your summer themed one is perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining in with us this week at Passion for Markers, Sarah - DT.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great cards! I love how you were inspired by this month's Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!