Thursday, June 27, 2024

myasperations 6-27-24

      This is my final entry into this month’s Challenge at Sweet November Stamps (SNS) with a Summer Theme. I recently added this sweet little Umbrella Girl, Kisa, to my digi collection. I printed, fussy-cut, and colored Kisa before having some fun being creative with her umbrella. I love that she is carrying a transparent “plastic” umbrella and decided to make it with a scrap of real plastic that will allow the cloudy sky background photo to show through!
     Note- Putting the card together was tedious and will take some time to write up. I provide the supplies below, but if anyone is interested in step-by-step instructions, I’ll be happy to write them out. Just let me know via email (in my profile) or as for the instructions in a comment on this post!
Supplies: 

·   Cloudy Sky background- upcycled from an old calendar

·   Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Umbrella Kids-Kisa)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, fine-line black Sharpie pen, and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiment-a Freebee from Gingershouse.blogspot.com (When life gives you rainy days…)

·   Clear Self-Stick Laminating Sheet (I use the Avery brand, but there are other options on the web) Packing tape might also work.

·   Cardstock, plastic index divider sheet, and all other items from my stamping stash.

Entered into:  
Friends of Sweet November (FB) June (AG/ Summer  
Cupcake Inspirations- #597 Anything Goes  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes
Paper Funday- #66 Anything Goes     

     I rarely used sketches when making cards until I discovered a group on FB named Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers {BYSHC). Their monthly sketches are always striking, but not complicated. The front of this card features two strips of patterned paper, a sentiment, and a wreath is fussy-cut from the front of an old acetate gift box that held holiday treats last year! The inside sentiment is from my scrapbook stash. Easy-peasy!
Supplies: 

·   Patterned papers from JoAnnes and Hobby Lobby.

·   Wreath upcycled from an acetate gift box.

·   Front Sentiment- Computer Generated

·   Inside sentiment- from my scrapbook stash.

·   Entered into:  

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge FB- #46 June 2024         
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #653-654
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)

     The sponsor for June's Progressive Challenge at Outlawz is Sandra, and I had fun creating with her wonderful digi named "Coffee To Go.". The card required little coloring, basically touches of red and white on the background papers little coffee cups!  
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Sandra's Freebie (Coffee To Go) 

·   Background paper- from Imagine That (Coffee Boy) Company no longer in business

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Starbucks emblem cut from a bag of coffee beans.

·   Front Sentiment- “I hate that part of the day…” Freebie from Create with TLC (retired)

·   Black photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Progressive Challenge (June) Coffee To Go by Sandra
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- Anything Goes
Outlawz ChallengeJune 2024 Linky
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #24 AG                                          

6 comments:

  1. Sweet cards Kathy - I particularly love the wee girl with the umbrella - that is very clever!
    Another delightful Christmas card
    The coffee card is such a fun one with that sentiment panel
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card with the cup of coffee...as I drink mine now! Cute BG paper behind the wonderful cup! Thanks for sharing with us at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday! Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow such a CAS card, I love it. Thanks for joining the Outlawz Festive Friday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome coffee card Kathy!! Love your paper too, it is perfect!!
    Thanks for joining THe Outlawz Progressive challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! Thank you for sharing at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge. Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a plastic umbrella like that! Sweet card, Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge, we hope to see you next month.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!