Tuesday, January 30, 2024

myasperations 1-30-24

    I wanted to get one more card posted into the current Butterfly Challenge, one of my favs! The challenge sponsor, Mrs. A, is offering a few changes for the new year. Each challenge will incorporate a letter/sentiment as one of the themes, and this one also includes six colors from which to choose. 
   When looking for acetate to use on my card, I unearthed this pretty embossed acetate that I upcycled from a gift box many years ago.  I layered it atop patterned paper that I picked up at Hobby Lobby a few years ago, and embellished the card with gorgeous butterflies that I found on a scrapbooking years ago long ago and printed on vellum. (See web link for a free sheet of these butterflies in my supplies list.)
   

Supplies: 
·   Butterflies - freebies from a gorgeous Scrapbooking website HERE.
·   Sentiments are computer generated.

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Allsorts Challenge- Week 765 AG  (optional Anything But Square)
Paper Funday- #61 Anything Goes      (Twist: Let's Celebrate!)
I love this sweet snow guy named Mr Squiggles. He is the featured digi for Outlawz January Progressive Challenge, and was provided by Cara. The bright smile on his face made me think that he had Valentine's Day on his mind. And his outstretched arms, I mean twigs, begged to be holding up something with a bit of BLING for his sweetie. So…. I decided to help him celebrate the holiday! So fun!
Supplies: 
·   Digi - Mr Squiggles by Cara 

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- “Thoughts of You Warm My Heart” from Polka Dot Orchard Digi Set       

     (My Love Mug)

·   Sparkly Heart Sticker- Hobby Lobby

·   Inside Sentiment- “Happy Valentine's Day”-Hero Arts Words of Love digital set (no longer available)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Sunday Challenge-The Snowman
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Happy Hello’s: AG (optional: Add some sparkle!)
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Love Is In the Air, Fun in the Snow)
Outlawz Challenge- Progressive Challenge (Jan)
Double D’s Challenge- Sparkle and/or Shine
Di’s Digi Stamps- Anything New  
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #724: Friends/Friendship

My final card for this post is for one of my favorite challenges named “Snippets.” I love this Challenge because it encourages me to use all the lovely paper scraps that I hoard… I mean save… for later use! I found a treasure trove of pastel scraps just begging to be put to use as I’m starting on Spring cards. I cut them into strips, then adhered them into a simple herringbone pattern using an often-used tutorial that I found on Pinterest years ago (see web link in supplies list.) The little bunny has been in my collection for a few decades. If you recognize it, please let me know. The sentiment is from a Polkadoodles digi set that is new to me. It also includes a sweet bunny image!)

Supplies: 

·   Herringbone background- made with paper snippets cut into strips (instructions HERE)

·   Digi-unknown source

·   Colored with Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- from Polka Doodles digi set (Some Bunny Adores You)

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into: 
Snippets- Week #472  
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #4 AG                                            
Gem of a Challenge- Week #2 AG                                                     

14 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card using the patterned acetate. I have some acetate that has butterflies on it but do you think i can find it? Nope, it seems to have gone walk about!! Thankyou for coming and spending time again in the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hang my head in shame for missing so many of your delightful and gorgeous cards Kathy, I hope to keep up in the future? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning butterflies and a really gorgeous anniversary card, Kathy. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts,

    ReplyDelete

  4. A beautiful card
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A trio of lovely cards in this post.

    Thanks for entering the bunny card using up lots of pastel snippets as your homework for the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse once you've finished playing on the swings! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful selection of cards the first one is super thank you for sharing it with us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards, I love the cute snowman. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many wonderful creations each one so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of super cards - I do love your snippets one. Great use of snippets and what a sweet little bunny!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great lot of cards! Thanks so much for linking up to the Double D Challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet snowman card and lovely colouring

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Passion challenge…. 💗

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello there, what a wonder selection of cards - all so pretty and thank you for sharing the cute snowman with us for this week's challenge at Passion for Markers. Sarah - DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the snowman card...thanks for sharing with Sunday Songs and Rhymes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!