Friday, February 16, 2024

myasperations 2-16-24

I used an adorable digi from Sweet November Stamps to make this yummy Valentine’s card. Isn’t the little fairy named Josie adorable?!
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Josie’s Cupcake)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment “Thinking of You”- I can’t locate this digi at present. Please let me know if you recognize it.

·   Inside Sentiment-Conni Fong’s Digi Set (Happy Valentine’s Day)

·   Patterned paper, small heart stickers, and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Cupcake Inspirations- #587 Color Challenge- Red. Pink and White    
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge:  Feb-Pink  
Double D’s Challenge- Heartfelt  
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #665 (Optional twist- Valentines or With Love 
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #6 AG                                            

I always love using up some of my paper scraps… so the Snippets Challenge is a favorite of mine. For this card, I sketched out a sentiment template that helped me to cut out the name of the jolly little Santa embellishment from my precious Christmas paper scraps.  The inside sentiment digi takes center stage, backed by the upcycled front from a box of Hobby Lobby Christmas cards, and topped by a Santa and his reindeer sticker. So fun! 
I’m entering my card  into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (This is another of my favorite challenges… as it has introduced me to many new amusement parks. This card was inspired by Santa’s Village which is now on my bucket list!)
               
Supplies: 
·   Santa Sentiment-Created with handmade template and paper scraps

·   Santa digi- from my scrapbook stash, highlighted and shaded with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Inside Digi Sentiment- The Paper Shelter (Vintage Xmas Designs)

·   Santa’s Sleigh sticker, paper scraps and other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
Snippets- Week #473  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz Challenge- Feb 2024 Linky
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (Feb)   

My favorite Sketch challenge, Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Group (BYSHC) provided my template for this elegant card. The elegant background papers are from a place that offers a nice assortment of freebies (including these two). The sentiment is one I’ve had in my stash for a few decades. Reading it always lifts my spirit. We are so loved!!
Supplies: 

·   Snowflake Digital Background papers- Free digi set of 7 Designs from Free Pretty Things for You (FPTFY) available HERE

·   Silver Snowflake Sticker- Hobby Lobby

·   Sentiment- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge FB- #42 Feb 2024         
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #635-636
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- AG (optional: Add some sparkle!)                  
The Four Seasons Challenge- Anything Winter (Feb 2024

10 comments:

  1. A lovely trio of cards.
    Thanks for entering the second card as your Snippets Playground homework. See you up in the treehouse for a mug of hot chocolate later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to say THANKS for the chocolate cupcakes. xxx

      Delete
  2. Lovely cards, thanks for joining us at The Outlawz, Festive Fridays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Christmas card Kathy! I bet it took a while with all the fussy cutting - but so worth it! I agree that little Josie is SO cute!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came to see your card for the Double D Heartfelt Challenge, but you also have two more and I love them as well! It's so great that you used the box from the card set for your second card. There's cute possibilities all over that box! Your little fairy cupcake card is darling. She could steal anyone's heart. Thank you for sharing Josie with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable cupcake fairy! I just love Sweet November Stamps too. Thank you for sharing and playing along with Polkadoodles ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm catching up yet again Kathy, but that doesn't mean I've missed your wonderful and creative work, I have gone through all that I have missed, and it is a joy to see your wonderful makes. I'll try to be more regular and not miss so many next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith, you are always so kind to stop by and leave a sweet comment. I understand how busy life can be which makes me appreciate it even more. Also, I just stopped by your blog and enjoyed your "lamentations" about a touch day in the craft room... which I recognize so very well. I also liked your DT card for We Love Stamping Challenge. It is new to me, and I just entered my first card there. So thanks for that, too! See you around blogland!

      Delete
  7. I love, love your sentiment on this very special and sparkly card! Thanks for playing with us at The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!